'24 Offense

Yes. ON3 has an article up today. They spoke to Ward’s QB coach who has been working on a number of things with him the past couple of weeks. He told ON3 he has a nice relationship with Shannon Dawson via the recruitment of his son (committed to Wake Forest). He also said that he and Dawson spoke about Cam working in a more pro style offense, including more under center stuff than Ward has previously done. Cam will have to make more protection calls and manage the offense. It will be an opportunity for growth and the coach feels Cam will do very well. He mentioned his intelligence and ability to remember things easily as positives.

Sounds like Mario’s dream. Also an opportunity for Ward to develop for a future in the NFL.

Doesn’t sound like air raid at all…..

Advertisement
Nothing i despise more than hearing a college team say they'll focus on teaching a stud Qb how to play on the next level. Im a Miami Hurricanes fan and my only concern is Miami winning games on this level. Preferably enough games to win a national championship.

I want them to build the O around what he knows and what he's good at. If he wants to work on things for the NFL do it on your own time. I know we had to tell him we'll "prepare him for the next level" but i haven't seen the air raid system stop any of Lincoln Rileys guys from making it to the league.

I hate bro-style more than anything, except for ananas on pizza, but I think we are a little overreacting about this matter right now.
I fully expect the scheme to remain mostly the same, except with some more of the "pro-style" wrinkles.

We'll just have to wait for the greentree sleuth's to tell us what formations Cristobal and Dawson are lining the offense up in lol

Advertisement
I would like to know who our coaches are studying this off season. Which teams they are going in house with to try and improve their predictability. Lots of staffs go to pro teams to study and we have the dolphins close by. What about going to San Fran and learning from the 49ers. I know they are pro teams but they have offenses that use creativity and would like to see some of their concepts incorporated for our Canes

Indeed. Don't forget that Mario is an elite developer, too. More blaming the players...

I don't recall the crootin of Arroyo, Skinner and Williams indicating they were not talented...

TEs have no talent: bring in a blocking TE with less talent... 👀

When did Riley Williams become a scrub?

It’s astonishing to me that a True Fr got pegged as a scrub so quickly!

I would like to know who our coaches are studying this off season. Which teams they are going in house with to try and improve their predictability. Lots of staffs go to pro teams to study and we have the dolphins close by. What about going to San Fran and learning from the 49ers. I know they are pro teams but they have offenses that use creativity and would like to see some of their concepts incorporated for our Canes
Agree, 49er’s and stay home and pick Mike McDaniel’s brain. More important is that Mario needs to step back and learn the nuances of being a HC. Instead of stomping and bumblef**king around during game play, he learns to trust his Coordinators. Being the Big Dog means you don’t always have to show out. The respect is implied. But that respect flows both ways. Guys that know that, have learned that, have no problem acquiescing to the guys they hired to do their jobs. Trust is earned but also learned. Would like to see more of that kind of growth from Mario in 24. #CANESNATIONLIFER

So the issue with the Rutgers 4th down wasn’t condensing the box, but just not being under center when we condensed it?

The idiotic thing on basically any down, but short yardage, is bringing most of the team within arm’s length of the center.

Where the QB lined up in that situation was irrelevant.

The concern many of us have, after watching our 1990s style offense last year, is people saying, “we’re going to get even more ‘90s with it sometimes.”

Is there any indication the coaches looked at the WSU film with Ward and thought, “they do a really good job of spreading the defense out and making it easy on him. We should work more of that into the offense”?

I promise you after watching the Wash v Wash St vids. All I could say was why the F do want to run an archaic offense. The Huskies had so many plays over 30+ yards. Wash St made big plays as well. We have to find a way to mesh this Air Raid with the power run game. Say what we want about OSU. Ryan Day goes VERTICAL and I want the same thing here. HOW THE F’CK DO WE EXPECT TO GET THE JEREMIAH SMITH’S. Running something counter to what these kids want to play in. All that being said. I don’t expect a 3yd and a cloud of dust offense. I’ll also say this. Mario and Dawson have chance to show QB’s and their parents. They know what to do with an NFL caliber QB. This year could make or break our QB recruiting for the future. Cam Wards numbers are way better than any QB in the ACC. Now if comes here and doesn’t at least equal or better those. That’s a major indictment on the HC, his offensive philosophy and his OC.

Advertisement
When did Riley Williams become a scrub?

It’s astonishing to me that a True Fr got pegged as a scrub so quickly!

Agree. @Coach Macho saying we have no talent at TE made me shake my head.

Most programs would be thrilled to have a Williams, Arroyo, Lofton trio at TE. Saying we lack returning production? Sure. Talent? I don't get that one.

Imagine we finally get a guy like Ward and throw him under center.
If it's fixed they'll break it lol had to try the mope thing out. What's ****** is I'm actually worried they fuxk it up somehow. Imagine a QB throwing for as many yards as Ward has and they start talking pro style lol oh well if Mario messes this up yikes what I say won't matter the wolves will be coming an for good reason. If this year goes to **** cause how they handle Ward... I'm hoping my gut is right an we are a Playoff bound hopefully Champs with tons of success and recruits otw in the future! Our floor and ceiling 💯

If it's fixed they'll break it lol had to try the mope thing out. What's ****** is I'm actually worried they fuxk it up somehow. Imagine a QB throwing for as many yards as Ward has and they start talking pro style lol oh well if Mario messes this up yikes what I say won't matter the wolves will be coming an for good reason. If this year goes to **** cause how they handle Ward... I'm hoping my gut is right an we are a Playoff bound hopefully Champs with tons of success and recruits otw in the future! Our floor and ceiling 💯

Funny thing is I don’t think the scouts said they wanna see more Pro this or that. Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and now Caleb Williams all Air Raid guys. So why would they tell Cam they want to see more Pro Style anything. Maybe he never went under center at all. So that could be a thing, but it does bother me. That they’re taking an Air RAID QB with crazy college numbers combined. To try to put him in some type PRO anything.

Advertisement
Funny thing is I don’t think the scouts said they wanna see more Pro this or that. Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and now Caleb Williams all Air Raid guys. So why would they tell Cam they want to see more Pro Style anything. Maybe he never went under center at all. So that could be a thing, but it does bother me. That they’re taking an Air RAID QB with crazy college numbers combined. To try to put him in some type PRO anything.
You are absolutely correct. The fact that has come out an was said by the people on here that said it is like **** u can't be serious. That's not good news at all!

Advertisement
Agree. @Coach Macho saying we have no talent at TE made me shake my head.

Most programs would be thrilled to have a Williams, Arroyo, Lofton trio at TE. Saying we lack returning production? Sure. Talent? I don't get that one.
Lofton hasn't even stepped on GreenTree yet. Why would you use him to prove your point?

The rest of them MF'ers are pedestrian.

You are absolutely correct. The fact that has come out an was said by the people on here that said it is like **** u can't be serious. That's not good news at all!

It's the off-season. Landing Ward shook a lot of our fans. Now they're going with a claim that Dawson will change to an archaic 1980s pro-style so Ward wont succeed anyways.

It makes no sense, but people believe it.

It's the off-season. Landing Ward shook a lot of our fans. Now they're going with a claim that Dawson will change to an archaic 1980s pro-style so Ward wont succeed anyways.

It makes no sense, but people believe it
Me personally don't believe Dawson is the problem. I think Mario is a lot more hands on then people think. It seemed like Dawson was over thinking trying to do something he wasn't used to or comfortable more an more as the year went on. The point we're talking about is Insiders saying there wanting to use Wars more under center who does that sound like? Not Dawson that's for sure

Advertisement
Back