'24 Offense

Ashevegas Cane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Now that we have Ward onboard will Mario complete his transition and relax his grip on the offensive philosophy? Ward didn't come to hand the ball off 30+ times a game.

What do people think/hope the offense looks like next year? Can we please get the got dam TE's involved in the passing game. I am admittedly hoping we see something more akin to the offense during the 8&4 win last year (maybe a bit better YPC) than the conservative, predictable **** we were shown once TVD got the yips.

Advertisement
20240114_122953.gif

it's hard to judge really what happened to the offense because our roster was not equipped for TVD's catastrophic meltdown

not sure any OC/HC can cook up a win when you have a QB actively trying to help the other team win and 1 backup that has requested a redshirt and the other is a true freshman

with true top tier qb and a solid backup qb on roster, I suspect a lot of *****ing and whining about Dawson will stop this year

Advertisement
Now that we have Ward onboard will Mario complete his transition and relax his grip on the offensive philosophy? Ward didn't come to hand the ball off 30+ times a game.

What do people think/hope the offense looks like next year? Can we please get the got dam TE's involved in the passing game. I am admittedly hoping we see something more akin to the offense during the 8&4 win last year (maybe a bit better YPC) than the conservative, predictable **** we were shown once TVD got the yips.

Well, Dawson can protect his boss all he wants but i didnt forget the comments he made about being aggressive on 3rd & 9 against A&M. Air Raid is more than a mindset and all them coaches wanna air it out.

Mario, obviously and rightfully, asked him to scale back because of Tyler's yips and the inexperience of the back ups.

As a fan and competitor i definitely didnt want to see the scale back and i still feel like we scaled it toooooo far. I do understand why, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
it's hard to judge really what happened to the offense because our roster was not equipped for TVD's catastrophic meltdown

not sure any OC/HC can cook up a win when you have a QB actively trying to help the other team win and 1 backup that has requested a redshirt and the other is a true freshman

with true top tier qb and a solid backup qb on roster, I suspect a lot of *****ing and whining about Dawson will stop this year
It was so weird. He was playing well the first few games, then GT tried defending him in a different way, and that was it for him. Never seen anything like it.

One that scores lots of points. :cool:

Agreed about getting the TE more involved, but aside from sure-handed, steady, and unspectacular Restrepo, will any other WRs step up and take some of the load off of him? Preferably one that can stretch the field more. And speaking of steady and unspectacular, will someone in that RB room give the Canes the home run threat they haven't had in years on the ground?

Advertisement

Well the offensive PRODUCTION in 2023 would have been significantly better if the QB had made better decisions executing the plays that WERE called. The frequency of going to the first read, generally double / triple covered, while open WR's were options, was frustrating. They ran a 'balanced' offense that was literally 50/50 run pass and TVD locked on his primary receiver virtually when he came off the bench!! Same plays called, GOING THROUGH PROGRESSIONS, and going to the OPEN receiver or one on one, would do a lot.

Advertisement
Back