'24 Offense

Flo said yesterday on his show that he's hearing that the offense may be tweaked to a more pro style offense next year... I'm really hoping we don't take a QB that excelled in the air raid and pigeon hole him to a pro style offense.
Yes. ON3 has an article up today. They spoke to Ward’s QB coach who has been working on a number of things with him the past couple of weeks. He told ON3 he has a nice relationship with Shannon Dawson via the recruitment of his son (committed to Wake Forest). He also said that he and Dawson spoke about Cam working in a more pro style offense, including more under center stuff than Ward has previously done. Cam will have to make more protection calls and manage the offense. It will be an opportunity for growth and the coach feels Cam will do very well. He mentioned his intelligence and ability to remember things easily as positives.

Sounds like Mario’s dream. Also an opportunity for Ward to develop for a future in the NFL.

Doesn’t sound like air raid at all…..

Advertisement
Yes. ON3 has an article up today. They spoke to Ward’s QB coach who has been working on a number of things with him the past couple of weeks. He told ON3 he has a nice relationship with Shannon Dawson via the recruitment of his son (committed to Wake Forest). He also said that he and Dawson spoke about Cam working in a more pro style offense, including more under center stuff than Ward has previously done. Cam will have to make more protection calls and manage the offense. It will be an opportunity for growth and the coach feels Cam will do very well. He mentioned his intelligence and ability to remember things easily as positives.

Sounds like Mario’s dream. Also an opportunity for Ward to develop for a future in the NFL.

Doesn’t sound like air raid at all…..

Most of the NFL is 11 personnel anyway. A lot of motion and movement presnap to figure out the coverages being played.

Another thing too is the pace of offense in the NFL has increased exponentially, but still not as fast as what Ole Miss runs at. It’s also not as slow as Miami was last year.

To me, outside of the use of the hashes in college, NFL offenses are indistinguishable from common college stuff.

It was so weird. He was playing well the first few games, then GT tried defending him in a different way, and that was it for him. Never seen anything like it.
one of the biggest mental collapses In sports I can remember

there were checkdowns available on most of his interceptions, he just either got too ****y after the start of the season and overestimated his ability or just truly completely lost all mojo and self confidence during the GT game

he doesn't meltdown historically and we finish with 9/10 wins

Advertisement
Flo said yesterday on his show that he's hearing that the offense may be tweaked to a more pro style offense next year... I'm really hoping we don't take a QB that excelled in the air raid and pigeon hole him to a pro style offense.
Pro style offense is much different now than back in the days. Most teams in the pros use 3-4 WR sets and shotgun most of the time. That’s now truly pro-style offense (if technically speaking). Pro-style offense is just concepts and formations that pro teams use as opposed to college teams, but they’re more similar now than ever. The NFL (like the NBA) have made rule changes to make the game more exciting and more points scored. That’s why RBs have low value and now even the best ones ain’t getting paid top dollar.
We could and should still run a base 3-4 wr offense and still be pro style mixing in under center and pistol sets. Look at Houston, Dallas, Green Bay, Miami, KC, TB and so on are all running spread concepts.

One that scores lots of points. :cool:

Agreed about getting the TE more involved, but aside from sure-handed, steady, and unspectacular Restrepo, will any other WRs step up and take some of the load off of him? Preferably one that can stretch the field more. And speaking of steady and unspectacular, will someone in that RB room give the Canes the home run threat they haven't had in years on the ground?
I think JoJo could be WR1 this year I love how he runs routes an sets things up he's way above his time in that area. Chance might be able to help out. Then we got Robbie who I think is gonna be **** good this year if given the chance, Ny Carr an Joseph baxkin up Restrepo! I think CJ gonna be that home run threat this year. Parrish is gonna be ole reliable Fletcher gonna be RB1 over a thousand yards this year and hopefully Citizen shows out!

Hope to see Ray Ray getting the jailbreak screens instead of Colbie Young.

I think Horton will breakout next year as well.

A healthy Trevonte Citizen can be a difference maker.
Well, yeen gotta worry about Young catching anymore jailbreak screens.... or anything else for that matter, for this football team.

Advertisement
We really just can't get the fucc out of our own way, can we?
TV gif. Redd Foxx as Fred Sanford in Sanford and Son shaking his head, passing a glance to Bubba, who then looks to Skillet, who then looks to Leroy, who leans back contemplatively.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just need tempo. The run vs pass *****ing is stupid as a whole. Miami ran 2 more times than they passed last year. 2.

With TVDs aneurism and 3 games from Emory and Jacurri 2 more runs than passes isn’t something to complain about.
I would say tempo at times. No need to go fast every play just to do it. Look at what UNC did in our game last year. The second half if they hit a big play or got a first down they went tempo and totally dominated when they did.

The problem for tempo with Miami is they looked utterly incompetent when those situations for it arise. We had no hurry up offense. Whether it be the end of half or end of game, it was the same pace throughout.

Advertisement
Back