24/7 talks about good news for Tate!

Advertisement
“Directly”??

Wasn’t it some super drunk frat/baseball player in the stands who was quite a distance away?

I don’t think fields ever heard him other than probably after the game when he saw his twitter mentions through the roof

Yea I thought I’d seen where some chick had reported it...

Advertisement
“Directly”??

Wasn’t it some super drunk frat/baseball player in the stands who was quite a distance away?

I don’t think fields ever heard him other than probably after the game when he saw his twitter mentions through the roof

I agree with the sentiment but I'm just giving the quote that I think the NCAA is likely to give when asked why Fields was granted eligibility while Tate was not. It's obviously ridiculous, but the NCAA has a hard on for Miami, we are THE destination for 5 star transfers (if looking for a place to show out for 1 year and get NFL attention, it doesn't get better than Miami) , and the NCAA knows it inadvertently gave Miami its best tool for getting back on top. NCAA has to throw a wrench in the plans.

Is there a time table for when the ruling is supposed to be made?

Seems like they handled Fields waiver pretty **** fast.
He transferred about two weeks before Fields did, correct? Have to assume appeals were filed almost immediately in both cases.

Advertisement
He transferred about two weeks before Fields did, correct? Have to assume appeals were filed almost immediately in both cases.
IIRC Fields announced he was transferring in late December & officially did on Jan 4th, which then made Tate transfer 2 weeks later.

I believe Fields transferred first, but it wasn't a whole bunch of time between the transfers for both of them. I guess it all depends on when they filed their appeal first.

IIRC Fields announced he was transferring in late December & officially did on Jan 4th, which then made Tate transfer 2 weeks later.

I believe Fields transferred first, but it wasn't a whole bunch of time between the transfers for both of them. I guess it all depends on when they filed their appeal first.
It still is fast. Shea patterson didnt find out until the spring.

Advertisement
I'm not sold the NCAA is going to do us any favors. Fields was "directly" the recipient of racist comments. Martells argument will be that he couldn't be a part of the Buckeyes protection of domestic violence abusers. He's indirectly affected. NCAA has plausible cover to justify denying Tate's eligibility even after granting Fields waiver.

If you want I can borrow my neighbor's Ohio state hoodie and call Tate Martell a "Cracker MutherFcuker" on twitter.

Think that might help his case?

Great point. I was only thinking about time between arrivals at the new school, which is when I assumed the files would’ve been filed. I guess we need to know if you can file an appeal prior to enrolling at your new school. Which as I think about it feels like it would be a requirement; how can you make a case without that part of the criteria.

Advertisement
With confidence, under the direction of Mark Emmert, the NCAA invested considerably more time ensuring that the waiver letter for Fields could not possibly be used by Miami as leverage in the waiver request for Martel than they did when considering Fields initial petition.

Emmert despises the Canes and was desperate to be remembered as the man who destroyed the "U's" football program. While he didn't accomplish his goal that has only inspired him to worked harder to accomplish his mission.

Should Martel be granted a waiver know that it will be done under the stringent objections of Emmert.

Mark Emmert, President and Chief DoucheNozzle of the NCAA

MAE%20Headshot-%20tie.jpg

Advertisement
Back