24/7 talks about good news for Tate!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sold the NCAA is going to do us any favors. Fields was "directly" the recipient of racist comments. Martells argument will be that he couldn't be a part of the Buckeyes protection of domestic violence abusers. He's indirectly affected. NCAA has plausible cover to justify denying Tate's eligibility even after granting Fields waiver.

I'm not sold the NCAA is going to do us any favors. Fields was "directly" the recipient of racist comments. Martells argument will be that he couldn't be a part of the Buckeyes protection of domestic violence abusers. He's indirectly affected. NCAA has plausible cover to justify denying Tate's eligibility even after granting Fields waiver.
Idk man, I think domestic violence is a much better argument than Hugh Freeze calling some hookers.

Advertisement

I understand where you’re coming from but I’ve always felt Fields’ claim is weak. Someone yelled a racial slur? In the Deep South? Based on this every player of minority heritage could transfer with immediate eligibility.

The only word Fields has trouble with is ‘backup’.

Advertisement

I'm not gonna diminish the fact someone called fields a racial slur, but it was someone that called him it sitting in the stands with 80k people as opposed to being called "directly" to his face

Advertisement
I understand where you’re coming from but I’ve always felt Fields’ claim is weak. Someone yelled a racial slur? In the Deep South? Based on this every player of minority heritage could transfer with immediate eligibility.

Agree. If that's the standard for transfers, then all we need is pay off some white cracker to yell racial slurs and NCAA would have to approve immediate playing time..

Agreed...plus his sister somehow stuck around in that horribly racist environment. Comical.

“Directly”??

Wasn’t it some super drunk frat/baseball player in the stands who was quite a distance away?

I don’t think fields ever heard him other than probably after the game when he saw his twitter mentions through the roof

Advertisement
Back