24/7 New post

Advertisement
I know we all like Julio now that he is aware we have an athletics department and he plans to fund it, but this is all another reminder why he in fact needs to leave. It is absurd that this is going on and he has not put an end to it or made a statement. Snuff out who is leaking **** to the press (Epstein) and tell him thanks for your service to the school but this is unacceptable and your time on the board is done.

Advertisement
stepbrothers-step.gif

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, David Lake is full of crap. In fact, I feel like every media website is fighting for clicks.

Also, I find it odd when ppl attack the "insiders". Literally just this week, you had Lambert come out and say they had a deal two years ago for Highsmith, then the school just dropped off the planet.

Things change all the time. Very curious that ppl attack insiders. You prefer not get any info?
And most of them aren’t exactly the biggest contributors here yet they have no problem showing up and ****ting on our known people bringing info to the board, and then complaining when them and their compatriots get dealt with. That’s not in our best interests.

This is a free board. None of these guys has to give us anything - including you who has also brought good information at times which most appreciate. Most people here appreciate the info and deal with it graciously if they don’t trust it. But these others serve no good purpose to act out the way they do as if it’s their entitlement.

I know we all like Julio now that he is aware we have an athletics department and he plans to fund it, but this is all another reminder why he in fact needs to leave. It is absurd that this is going on and he has not put an end to it or made a statement. Snuff out who is leaking **** to the press (Epstein) and tell him thanks for your service to the school but this is unacceptable and your time on the board is done.
Can the School President kick a BOT member off the Board???

Advertisement
I said a couple of days ago in another thread that Frenk could, and should, come out and publicly make a statement to quell all the rumors. Apparently, he’s now engaged in the process of hiring a new AD and in determining Manny’s fate after being asleep at the wheel for his entire tenure concerning athletics. Him not coming out publicly with a statement signals to me he’s still a little clueless.

Foote sure.

Frenk, I think not.
Either they have the authority to in the school’s governing articles or they don’t. I find it hard to believe that they can unilaterally do that. I’d think there needs to be a board vote.

Advertisement
He isn't coming back.

They arent going to bring back a lame duck coach and have a dead program next year

Can the School President kick a BOT member off the Board???
I have no idea… it would depend on the articles of incorporation. It would certainly cut off what I assume is a decent size donor at a minimum. But this is absolutely crazy and it’s well past the point that they need to put a lid on it and figure out the best way to do so.

Advertisement
This has been my opinion all season. They will not fire him without a concrete hire in place, hence the waiting…
I think they would make a run at Lane or Stoops. It's too toxic with Manny right now. If he's back in 2022, you'd have the lowest season ticket sales ever and 0 fan enthusiasm. It would be Golden's last season with 10x the toxicity. It wouldn't be sustainable.

Either they have the authority to in the school’s governing articles or they don’t. I find it hard to believe that they can unilaterally do that. I’d think there needs to be a board vote.
Without a doubt they can't unilaterally do it. In fact, I'd be surpised if they could even call for it.

With that said, there are two forms of power within an organization: formal and informal.

The Tad Foote I knew could, and did, wield and enormous amount of informal. That was the thrust of my point.

This hyper specificity is exhausting.

Also, keep. in mind it was a theoretical question (regardless if OP knows it or not). An action of that magnitude, in those circles, is a heavy lift. Even the targeted "offending" member wohld have enough board politics situational awareness not not put themselves in that position to begin with. Someone out of the blue criminal accusation/indictment, publically embarrasimg peccadillo, etc... etc... etc...

I have no idea… it would depend on the articles of incorporation. It would certainly cut off what I assume is a decent size donor at a minimum. But this is absolutely crazy and it’s well past the point that they need to put a lid on it and figure out the best way to do so.

Without a doubt they can't unilaterally do it. In fact, I'd be surpised if they could even call for it.

With that said, there are two forms of power within an organization: formal and informal.

The Tad Foote I knew could, and did, wield and enormous amount of informal. That was the thrust of my point.

This hyper specificity is exhausting.
Somebody needs to do something. Smh

Advertisement
Back