24/7 knocks down 3 miami commits down from 4 stars to 3 stars

Advertisement
Do we want to win championships or not? What team in Recent years that have competed for national titles or even the playoffs haven’t recruited at that threshold ? That’s not some unreasonable expectation it should be the standard.
Washington. Oregon.

Your point still stands tho.

Mammarelli is a stud. DGAF what 247 or Rivals says about it.

TE evals by HS recruiting sites are probably worse than any other position. They've been that way forever. How many of you remember Farr from Texas? Standish Dobard was rated higher than Njoku, Herndon, Walford. Some of the more recent number one overall TE busts are the Bear's grandson and Issac Nauta. These guys were number one overall TE's that are short with 5.0 40s. There's been one year in the past 5 where the rankings were somewhat decent in 2015. Take a look at how many forgotten dudes were rated ahead of Chris Herndon in 2014 https://247sports.com/Season/2014-F...ings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=TE

Advertisement
I agree. If you go through the guys below 90 here are my thoughts as of today:
  • Riggins (87.49): Can he stay healthy and put out some good film? If not, I could see us dropping him for a bigger fish.
  • Mammarelli (88.69): He's stuck in a run heavy offense and has had some injury history. He could rise if he stays healthy and plays like he should.
  • Washington (88.91): He junior film looks like a high end 3 star player to me. He's had some shoulder issues so let's see what he can do his senior year.

I am thinking DT Tim Brown, if Riggins isn't fully recovered or has a bad senior season.

Go Canes

I agree. If you go through the guys below 90 here are my thoughts as of today:
  • Hodges (81.54): Related to the Blades family. He will never be a top ranked guy but I like what I've seen this spring from him to move up a bit.
  • Smith (85.27): Love his film. Looks like we found a diamond in the rough for a future center or guard. I could see him getting a decent bump after this year.
  • Restrepo (85.38): CIS's very own is probably ranked where he should be based on his film. Let's see what he can do at a new school.
  • Mathis (85.87): Looks like a high end 3 star player imo. Not sure if anything changes.
  • Branch (87.42): Really like what I've seen from this kid this spring. Could have a decent bump if he balls out his senior year.
  • Riggins (87.49): Can he stay healthy and put out some good film? If not, I could see us dropping him for a bigger fish.
  • Mammarelli (88.69): He's stuck in a run heavy offense and has had some injury history. He could rise if he stays healthy and plays like he should.
  • Washington (88.91): He junior film looks like a high end 3 star player to me. He's had some shoulder issues so let's see what he can do his senior year.
If we have a good season our final 10 recruits/spots should all be 4 star kids and our average should jump substantially so

Advertisement
So Mammarelli gets dropped because he doesn't participate in camps & plays in an offense that doesn't throw...

Then why did they rate him so high in the first place? It just goes to show you how arbitrary these rankings can be & as I said on the Tirek Austin-Cave thread, it's often times political & not strictly based on a prospects ability/skill set, but more to do with who the player is committed to, or being recruited by.

Last edited:
Do we want to win championships or not? What team in Recent years that have competed for national titles or even the playoffs haven’t recruited at that threshold ? That’s not some unreasonable expectation it should be the standard.
I agree with you on what should be the standard but just speaking on the 3 guys that dropped it's understandable.

Washington is a kid that I'm not sold on. Riggins hasn't played in a while and hasn't camped this year. Mammarelli, I'd bet he's the best blocking TE out there but playing in that offense doesn't show off his hands & route running ability.

So Mammarelli gets dropped because he doesn't participate in camps & plays in an offense that doesn't throw...

They why did they rate him so high in the first place? It just goes to show you how arbitrary these rankings can be & as I said on the Tirek Austin-Cave thread, it's often times political & not strictly based on a prospects ability/skill set, but more to do with who the player is committed to, or being recruited by.
Yea, I don't get it. What more do they know about Mammarelli now to justify him dropping? That means that they overrated him previously without knowing the testing numbers?

Washington and Riggins dropping make perfect sense. Honestly not sure either will be in the class on NSD.

Advertisement
Miami’s recruiting average is a 89.79 right now. It needs to be well over 90.00 for a good blue chip rating and in any recruiting class at Miami imo. That’s the target we need to hit
Make me vomit. I want who our coaches want not some spaghetti-armed journalists at 247 or Rivals.

Advertisement
I don’t think those are his actually numbers. He hasn’t really camped anywhere in a while.

Lol. Then why are measurables not on other profiles? You think they’re made up? They are likely old numbers which is even more impressive. The top rated TE’s numbers are recent.

I have an idea for you. Start coming up with some type of substance and research something before making assumptions based on nothing.

The tight end was a top 100 player even top 50 after his junior season. So now his school dosent passes. What did people see in him then?

Advertisement
Back