24/7 knocks down 3 miami commits down from 4 stars to 3 stars

Advertisement
Washington and Riggins should be 3-stars.

Mammarelli on the other hand...
All paranoia aside, not surprised when you consider that Rivals is a for profit company playing a game.
Riggins - played very little due to injury his Junior year. Then transfers from bigtime IMG to a not elite local HS (where he lives) Lakewood. He is not doing the Rivals circuit this summer and has been boring, remains committed to UM. Side note is that DL Coach Stroud went to Lakewood (the Wood) many years ago. He would have the inside info.
Mammarelli plays for a wing T non passing program. Is a beast as a blocker. Assuming UM has seen enough from 7 on 7 to be comfortable with him as a receiver. Also boring in that he is not playing the hat game.
Washington - not quite sure what to think? He appears to be playing the hat game. Maybe growing into a Striker LB role? While a verbal commitment, does not act like he is committed. Is UM backing off of their offer? Is he using the UM offer to try to go elsewhere? Just have a feeling that he will not be a part of the 2020 class and that UM will not miss him. He comes across as a flake that has been coddled all thru youth leagues and is now finding out there are better talents out there. He visioned himself as doing the hats (disgusting show) in San Antonio and now has found out he is not a "top hat"
That being said, he is the classic UM DB to LB recruit. But is he willing to accept that?

Advertisement
Agreed. But doesn’t the TE go to a school that don’t pass? Idk his testing numbers or if he been camping. Crazy because he was the #1 TE for a lil bit
He doesn't camp and his team throws 5 passes a game. Stefan wrote in his recap he wasn't surprised. This happens. People thought Joe Jackson should have been a 4 star but he never camped himself. Can't push up the rankings if you never make yourself available to the people who create them.

Trust the staff evals.

Not suprised about washington. It seems like many people who have watched him live are not very impressed with him. But if he helps seal francois im okay with it.

**** 24/7, rivals and all those other sites. I'll trust our coaches know what they are doing (until proven otherwise). Sound like a bunch of **** fans chasing and worrying about what * our players are.

Advertisement
Miami’s recruiting average is a 89.79 right now. It needs to be well over 90.00 for a good blue chip rating and in any recruiting class at Miami imo. That’s the target we need to hit

You sound way too much like a gator fan. Mammarelli isn't somehow less good just because he isn't a blue chip anymore.

89.79 and 90 is basically the same thing anyways, I don't get caring about that. If our class had a 86 rating or something then sure

Miami’s recruiting average is a 89.79 right now. It needs to be well over 90.00 for a good blue chip rating and in any recruiting class at Miami imo. That’s the target we need to hit
I agree. If you go through the guys below 90 here are my thoughts as of today:
  • Hodges (81.54): Related to the Blades family. He will never be a top ranked guy but I like what I've seen this spring from him to move up a bit.
  • Smith (85.27): Love his film. Looks like we found a diamond in the rough for a future center or guard. I could see him getting a decent bump after this year.
  • Restrepo (85.38): CIS's very own is probably ranked where he should be based on his film. Let's see what he can do at a new school.
  • Mathis (85.87): Looks like a high end 3 star player imo. Not sure if anything changes.
  • Branch (87.42): Really like what I've seen from this kid this spring. Could have a decent bump if he balls out his senior year.
  • Riggins (87.49): Can he stay healthy and put out some good film? If not, I could see us dropping him for a bigger fish.
  • Mammarelli (88.69): He's stuck in a run heavy offense and has had some injury history. He could rise if he stays healthy and plays like he should.
  • Washington (88.91): He junior film looks like a high end 3 star player to me. He's had some shoulder issues so let's see what he can do his senior year.

Advertisement
You sound way too much like a gator fan. Mammarelli isn't somehow less good just because he isn't a blue chip anymore.

89.79 and 90 is basically the same thing anyways, I don't get caring about that. If our class had a 86 rating or something then sure
Do we want to win championships or not? What team in Recent years that have competed for national titles or even the playoffs haven’t recruited at that threshold ? That’s not some unreasonable expectation it should be the standard.

I agree. If you go through the guys below 90 here are my thoughts as of today:
  • Hodges (81.54): Related to the Blades family. He will never be a top ranked guy but I like what I've seen this spring from him to move up a bit.
  • Smith (85.27): Love his film. Looks like we found a diamond in the rough for a future center or guard. I could see him getting a decent bump after this year.
  • Restrepo (85.38): CIS's very own is probably ranked where he should be based on his film. Let's see what he can do at a new school.
  • Mathis (85.87): Looks like a high end 3 star player imo. Not sure if anything changes.
  • Branch (87.42): Really like what I've seen from this kid this spring. Could have a decent bump if he balls out his senior year.
  • Riggins (87.49): Can he stay healthy and put out some good film? If not, I could see us dropping him for a bigger fish.
  • Mammarelli (88.69): He's stuck in a run heavy offense and has had some injury history. He could rise if he stays healthy and plays like he should.
  • Washington (88.91): He junior film looks like a high end 3 star player to me. He's had some shoulder issues so let's see what he can do his senior year.
I think Guys like smith and restrepo should definitely be higher as 3 stars. That 40 time is hurting Hodges in his ranking for sure but his film is pretty solid. The 3 that dropped yesterday are justifiable imo but there are a number of our higher rated guys who aren’t rated properly by 247 as they are lower on a number of our commits than the rest of the recruiting industry

As if Gators fans are the only ones who care about the blue chip ratio lol. No one said Mammarelli isn't as good because his ranking dropped but that our class as a whole should be rated a bit higher if we want to be mentioned with the top schools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unfortunately it appears we aren't really in it for too many more high 4/5 star recruits.

We are takin shots at some solid 4 star guys but, beyond that we seem to be siftin thru the high end three star bargain bin right now.

Hopefully the fall brings success on the field for the team and our recruits as well. For us to stay near the top of the rankings it will take a combo of current commits getting bumps and jumping in it with some guys that aren't interested at the moment.

Advertisement
Back