Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

1711139048345.png

Advertisement
Just watched ECU/Florida from earlier this year. A few thoughts on Johnson.

1. I don't know if it was the camera angle from what I was watching the other night or what, but I was wrong on Johnson's height. He looks like a legit 6'8, and pretty well put together. Definitely a 4, imo, not a 3.
2. Athleticism is still a concern. Only took 6 shots and I think a good part of it was he wasn't able to really create on his own against Florida's size and athleticism.
3. The shooting looks legit. 3/5 from 3 and 1 of them rolled all around the rim before coming out and the other was a force late in the game with the clock running down.
4. Showed good rebounding position and effort.

Overall, I'd still rather Brown-Jones, but wouldn't be mad with him. Bethea, Pack, possibly Dinkins and this guy would create some absurd spacing.

Also visiting Pitt on 4/12 so unless he commits on the visit, he probably isn’t coming and I doubt the staff waits on him either

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
There are going to be a TON of portal options between now and the end of April. Zero reason why we shouldn't be able to add 3-4 starters/contributors, depending on what attrition looks like with the rest of the roster.

There are going to be a TON of portal options between now and the end of April. Zero reason why we shouldn't be able to add 3-4 starters/contributors, depending on what attrition looks like with the rest of the roster.
Agreed. I do think we need to move quickly though, personally. Way too much turnover to wait and possibly get left with scraps. Can’t play the Cam Ward game here imo

Advertisement
Agreed. I do think we need to move quickly though, personally. Way too much turnover to wait and possibly get left with scraps. Can’t play the Cam Ward game here imo
They're seemingly in on a lot of guys already so I don't get the sense they aren't moving quickly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back