Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Five Reasons guys think he's the most likely to stay as well
I’m assuming him and Omier come back. No feel on George, Cleveland, and Wooga, but with all the talk of George and the draft I guess he’ll be gone.

Getting a little McGusty vibe off the rip from Jenkins, seems to like the midrange off the dribble.

I’m assuming him and Omier come back. No feel on George, Cleveland, and Wooga, but with all the talk of George and the draft I guess he’ll be gone.

Getting a little McGusty vibe off the rip from Jenkins, seems to like the midrange off the dribble.
George is as good as gone. Cleveland I think turns pro and winds up in the G League or overseas. Wooga will test the waters but I have him transferring.

Looks like he had a Miami offer in high school, but really the priority should be getting a package deal for his dad to play DT

1711560629968.jpeg

Advertisement
Interesting. 4th in the country in FG percentage but more of a true center, so might signal that we are planning to size up and have Norchad play the 4, should he return.
Definitely a true center, looks like all his stuff is around the rim.

Gotta say, without watching his film I’m…not extremely excited. Less than half a block per game, if we’re going the non-stretch route I at least want a defensive presence.

Now, if he’d be coming off the bench as a situational big that’d be great. But given his spot on portal rankings I’m assuming it’s not that.

Advertisement
Crystal ball to Miami for this center from Va Tech

Crystal ball to Miami for this center from Va Tech

Didn’t do much the first 3 years of his career. Saw his minutes and production sky rocket this season and averaged over 13 points, 6.5 boards on 23 minutes per game. Shot nearly 67% from the field and 84% at the line. Doesn’t take 3’s, more of a traditional center.

Would have to do more research but appears to be a late bloomer. He is pretty thin and lanky and not a shot blocker (only 0.4 a game), so I’m assuming he’s not a great defender.

We’d finally have a native Floridian on the team!

Definitely a true center, looks like all his stuff is around the rim.

Gotta say, without watching his film I’m…not extremely excited. Less than half a block per game, if we’re going the non-stretch route I at least want a defensive presence.

Now, if he’d be coming off the bench as a situational big that’d be great. But given his spot on portal rankings I’m assuming it’s not that.
We also don't know what their plan is at the 4. Minus the ability to shoot the three, there are a lot of Kenny Kadji vibes here as far a player profile and production.

Advertisement
Get him and hopefully Brandon Johnson and then you have a real big rotation with those two and Omier. Can play both small ball and big.

We also don't know what their plan is at the 4. Minus the ability to shoot the three, there are a lot of Kenny Kadji vibes here as far a player profile and production.
I’m just going on the assumption Omier is back, and I just don’t see a traditional big playing well with Omier. If Kidd were to develop a 3 point shot that’s great, but 4 years in he hasn’t taken one and that’s a big part of what made Kadji so impactful.

I’m just going on the assumption Omier is back, and I just don’t see a traditional big playing well with Omier. If Kidd were to develop a 3 point shot that’s great, but 4 years in he hasn’t taken one and that’s a big part of what made Kadji so impactful.
I think the staff learned their lesson last offseason and isn't assuming anything. Just recruit and figure the rest out later.

Advertisement
Back