'23 MLB Draft Discussion

Portal paperwork is due July 13th and August 15th is the MLB deadline. It was Aug 1 last year with a later draft.
Thanks.

Sure hope JD's been/will be burning the midnight oil in the portal, especially with respect to finding a Jake Smith or two (I doubt there are many Skenes out there from other 4 Yr programs). I actually think we'll be Ok offensively if we hire a decent hitting coach.

Advertisement
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

11 draftees the last 365 days and these incompetent jerks (including you, JD) couldn't get us past the regional round

smh kill me please until I die from it

Advertisement
We also have some guys like Olivera, Valentin, Luca Reyes, Jake Kulikowski that are 9.5 or 10 according to PG from the 23 class. Olivera and Valentin are pitchers that look to have great upside based on their scouting evaluations.

Advertisement
To sign or not to sign: How did last year's 3 unsigned picks in the top 10 rounds fare on their gamble?

Nolan McLean RHP Oklahoma State: '22 draft Round 3 Pick 81 Slot value: $794,000. '23 draft Round 3 Pick 91. Slot Value: $747,000

Brandon "Brussel" Sproat RHP Florida: '22 draft. Round 3 Pick 90 Slot value $691,000 '23 draft. Round 2 Pick 56 Slot value 1.47 million

Brock Rodden 2B Wichita State: '22 draft. Round 10 Pick 304 Slot value $151,000 '23 draft. Round 5 Pick 160 Slot value $374,000

One X factor we haven’t mentioned with guys like Cuvet: Are they even still committed? No doubt the vultures have been picking at them.
How are they only committed they're all seniors they have to be signed before the before may I think. There are letters of intent I think lock them in once they decide not to sign their contract

How are they only committed they're all seniors they have to be signed before the before may I think. There are letters of intent I think lock them in once they decide not to sign their contract
I’m sure they all signed in November. My main concern would be that they decide to go the JUCO route to enter the draft again next year. Sounds good on Jimenez at least thanks to our inside source.

Advertisement
I’m sure they all signed in November. My main concern would be that they decide to go the JUCO route to enter the draft again next year. Sounds good on Jimenez at least thanks to our inside source.
You don’t even have to sign an NLI, although there’s more good reasons to sign than not. Or ask for a release. Pretty sure a coach doesn’t want a kid that doesn’t want to be there. Otherwise David Morales, Rey Bermudez, Adrian Dominguez, and Cole Derks would have been chained to the Mark Light shake stand forced to whip up overpriced shakes. Looks like next year there won’t be any penalties for an athlete to break it anyhow.

SS Fernandez from Riviera Prep isn't even on the draft board. I would throw him in the mix for the SS competition.
The more the merrier. We need to go whale hunting for some arms to go up on the mound. Also rooting for Dorian to get his hitting up(not expecting but hopeful) and continue to be our best defensive second basemen. Know him personally, he’s not leaving for those curious. He’s not that type and he also likes being in Miami for various reasons. Cyr can hopefully cut it for us at short, his athleticism is one of if not the highest on the team, we’re gonna miss Pitelli’s glove the guy was a machine out there. *insert video from his ig of him hitting a backflip*.

Advertisement
FSU’s version of “great stuff”, Carson Montgomery, goes in the 11th

Advertisement
Back