'23 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
Hard to see a scenario where it would make any sense for Rosario to come back with no leverage next year. He’d have to be amazing next year. I’d be surprised to see Levenson back, but I believe JUCO players got the COVID year in ’21 too, which would at least functionally make him a redshirt Sophomore.
Rosario coming back might drive me to drink more than JD's hire.

Advertisement
Cuvet dropping to NR means he's perceived as hard commit?
Other way around, he was not ranked when it was only a Top 200 and made the cut when it went to a Top 250.

In a normal year, when not in the midst of a staff change, we have a good shot at guys in the range Walton and Cuvet are in the MLB.com rankings. This year **shrugs**.

If we don’t add at least two quality starting pitchers I think we’re looking at the type of year FSU had this year. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
If we don’t add at least two quality starting pitchers I think we’re looking at the type of year FSU has this year. 🤷‍♂️
One option @JayCane20 mentioned is Carlos Rey from Nova. Only 3 seasons as a pitcher and made some big strides under Laz. Also started getting some draft buzz this season. Transferring to UCF but could reconsider with Laz at Miami now.

1688218693167.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crews goes 2nd. MLB Network had been talking up Langford as the likely top pick at the top of the broadcast.

Advertisement
While you never want to destroy a young arms confidence I would be pushing Lowder and Skenes up the ladder as fast as possible. Why waste bullets in the minors for 3-4 years. Especially when both will prob be potentially shut down by Early September.

Put them in High A, assuming they do well stsrt them in AA next year and have them up by the break potentially.

I’d also let Skenes swing it for a bit to see if he can handle it. Ohtani has changed the perception of two way guys.

Yoyo should go soon. MLB had him at 15 and 20 in their morning mocks. We’re currently at pick 17.

Advertisement
Back