Yea it seems more wild in basketball than football with the turnover.. but firing of coaches also push this mindset, they are there to win.. who will care if they developing kids if they not winningI understand his point to an extent but it's a terrible look for future recruiting.
I still think from a player development standpoint, you need a few high school kids on your bench to grow and develop into starters in the years they are on campus.
College basketball is feeling too much like a bunch of mercenaries getting together for a pickup game of basketball for 5 months.
Is Florida also involved?His price tag has skyrocketed. And if that's the case I don't see fsu or Iowa outbidding Miami here. We shall see.
Per Joe Tipton today. Iowa is fading. Playing close to home becoming more of a differentiator (mom) Gators and Noles are rising. Let’s see how his OV goesHis price tag has skyrocketed. And if that's the case I don't see fsu or Iowa outbidding Miami here. We shall see.
Two very long drives to see their son play. Hopefully we can lock him up on the OV, would be Miami’s highest rated basketball recruit everPer Joe Tipton today. Iowa is fading. Playing close to home becoming more of a differentiator (mom) Gators and Noles are rising. Let’s see how his OV goes
Uf has a strong case to make. Walter Clayton, natty, etc. We’ve been recruiting him for much longer so hoping that wins out in the end. UF’s paper doesn’t stretch like ours and there are some rumors that Colton Hiller is going to reclassify. That’s a Duke - UF battle and could impact what they got on with Cayden.
That's exactly what it is. Transfers and restocking (no rebuilding) rule and the UM program is a poster boy for that new looks' success.I understand his point to an extent but it's a terrible look for future recruiting.
I still think from a player development standpoint, you need a few high school kids on your bench to grow and develop into starters in the years they are on campus.
College basketball is feeling too much like a bunch of mercenaries getting together for a pickup game of basketball for 5 months.
That's exactly what it is. Transfers and restocking (no rebuilding) rule and the UM program is a poster boy for that new looks' success.
Should have made myself more clear. I love the "new" college game with the ability to have 100% roster turnover from year to year as needed. That system has been very good to UM and I see no reason for that success not to continue for us.In fairness, Coach Lucas has to do that given he is taking over a new program with nothing leftover from the previous coaching staff.
I think once he has established his program and culture, he will have a mix of both high school recruiting along with transfer portal addition.
Similar to what Duke is doing.
There is a lot of boom and bust factors with the mercenary approach. Some success and a lot of underperforming but the players got paid so everyone seems happy.
Thanks to Coach L's evaluations, we haven't had much underperforming or "busts" in his UM tenure at all.There is a lot of boom and bust factors with the mercenary approach. Some success and a lot of underperforming but the players got paid so everyone seems happy.
Apart from miami, my pedantic gripe is that if people played pickup basketball with each for five months, they’d have really good on-court chemistryShould have made myself more clear. I love the "new" college game with the ability to have 100% roster turnover from year to year as needed. That system has been very good to UM and I see no reason for that success not to continue for us.
@cookies
Yeah, I was concentratimg on the ability to "re-stock" a roster relatively quickly (as opposed to having to go on a long rebuild that might never pay off).Apart from miami, my pedantic gripe is that if people played pickup basketball with each for five months, they’d have really good on-court chemistry
I get where you guys were coming from tho