2027 Men's Basketball Recruiting



I understand his point to an extent but it's a terrible look for future recruiting.
I still think from a player development standpoint, you need a few high school kids on your bench to grow and develop into starters in the years they are on campus.
College basketball is feeling too much like a bunch of mercenaries getting together for a pickup game of basketball for 5 months.
 
I understand his point to an extent but it's a terrible look for future recruiting.
I still think from a player development standpoint, you need a few high school kids on your bench to grow and develop into starters in the years they are on campus.
College basketball is feeling too much like a bunch of mercenaries getting together for a pickup game of basketball for 5 months.
Yea it seems more wild in basketball than football with the turnover.. but firing of coaches also push this mindset, they are there to win.. who will care if they developing kids if they not winning
 
Per Joe Tipton today. Iowa is fading. Playing close to home becoming more of a differentiator (mom) Gators and Noles are rising. Let’s see how his OV goes
Two very long drives to see their son play. Hopefully we can lock him up on the OV, would be Miami’s highest rated basketball recruit ever
 
Screenshot 2026-10-07 at 1.06.51 AM.png
 
Uf has a strong case to make. Walter Clayton, natty, etc. We’ve been recruiting him for much longer so hoping that wins out in the end. UF’s paper doesn’t stretch like ours and there are some rumors that Colton Hiller is going to reclassify. That’s a Duke - UF battle and could impact what they got on with Cayden.

Calipari is already planning for the scenario where they don’t get Beckham Black.

Never seen a #1 prospect have so many connections to a school / coach who routinely pulls five stars (Musselman / USC) get completely ignored by the recruiting analysts like this lol. They’ve had the lead for years and IMO nothing has changed. Arkansas is the only other team with a real shot tho.

We beat arky out for Cyril so we could do the same here although if he pushes it’ll be tuff. Adan diggs takes his ov to Arkansas this weekend which could clear up where things stand with Arkansas’ board.

Calipari is recruiting Brady pettigrew and Adan diggs all the same in preparation for not getting BB. Also believe their guard picture is a bit murkier because Davion Thompson reclassified to ‘26 however Jordan smith and the transfer Wilkerson are still going to be running the show. Thompson isn’t a one and done
 
I understand his point to an extent but it's a terrible look for future recruiting.
I still think from a player development standpoint, you need a few high school kids on your bench to grow and develop into starters in the years they are on campus.
College basketball is feeling too much like a bunch of mercenaries getting together for a pickup game of basketball for 5 months.
That's exactly what it is. Transfers and restocking (no rebuilding) rule and the UM program is a poster boy for that new looks' success.
 
That's exactly what it is. Transfers and restocking (no rebuilding) rule and the UM program is a poster boy for that new looks' success.

In fairness, Coach Lucas has to do that given he is taking over a new program with nothing leftover from the previous coaching staff.
I think once he has established his program and culture, he will have a mix of both high school recruiting along with transfer portal addition.
Similar to what Duke is doing.
There is a lot of boom and bust factors with the mercenary approach. Some success and a lot of underperforming but the players got paid so everyone seems happy.
 
In fairness, Coach Lucas has to do that given he is taking over a new program with nothing leftover from the previous coaching staff.
I think once he has established his program and culture, he will have a mix of both high school recruiting along with transfer portal addition.
Similar to what Duke is doing.
There is a lot of boom and bust factors with the mercenary approach. Some success and a lot of underperforming but the players got paid so everyone seems happy.
Should have made myself more clear. I love the "new" college game with the ability to have 100% roster turnover from year to year as needed. That system has been very good to UM and I see no reason for that success not to continue for us.

@cookies
 
There is a lot of boom and bust factors with the mercenary approach. Some success and a lot of underperforming but the players got paid so everyone seems happy.
Thanks to Coach L's evaluations, we haven't had much underperforming or "busts" in his UM tenure at all.
 
Should have made myself more clear. I love the "new" college game with the ability to have 100% roster turnover from year to year as needed. That system has been very good to UM and I see no reason for that success not to continue for us.

@cookies
Apart from miami, my pedantic gripe is that if people played pickup basketball with each for five months, they’d have really good on-court chemistry 😹🫱🏽‍🫲🏼

I get where you guys were coming from tho
 
Apart from miami, my pedantic gripe is that if people played pickup basketball with each for five months, they’d have really good on-court chemistry 😹🫱🏽‍🫲🏼

I get where you guys were coming from tho
Yeah, I was concentratimg on the ability to "re-stock" a roster relatively quickly (as opposed to having to go on a long rebuild that might never pay off).
 
Back
Top