2026-2027 home and home

Advertisement
Look, I'm not trying to make this personal...

But why do we get so many "pvssy excuse" postings?

Time zones? We're talkin' time zones? Time zones?

It’s a legitimate reason why we don’t play out west very often and why teams out west don’t come to the east coast as often. College kids that can’t fly out until Friday. You have 24 hours to get accustomed to the time change and play a physical game. But that’s only part of it...

If the game is at 7 and it ends at 11 on a Saturday night on the west coast and you have to fly back the next morning, lose a few hours, have jet lag and try to get school work done, go to class, and be ready to practice again on Monday? Lots of teams get back and practice Sunday and take Monday off. That’s nearly impossible if you fly in from LA Sunday morning because your game ended at 11 PT and it’s 2 ET. Throws off the entire practice schedule, recovery, school work, etc.

It’s a legitimate reason why we don’t play out west very often and why teams out west don’t come to the east coast as often. College kids that can’t fly out until Friday. You have 24 hours to get accustomed to the time change and play a physical game. But that’s only part of it...

If the game is at 7 and it ends at 11 on a Saturday night on the west coast and you have to fly back the next morning, lose a few hours, have jet lag and try to get school work done, go to class, and be ready to practice again on Monday? Lots of teams get back and practice Sunday and take Monday off. That’s nearly impossible if you fly in from LA Sunday morning because your game ended at 11 PT and it’s 2 ET. Throws off the entire practice schedule, recovery, school work, etc.
Yes so much better to play Savnahah State so you don't have to give up a little sleep. You don't have to go to LA. No one will miss you. Any good reason to go to LA is good enough for me. Yes for some people the world revolves around Coral Springs and driving to Dade County can be scary, no less flying to LA. Trust me, every player on a UM team would be down for a trip to LA. Would actually be a recruiting tool for a couple years prior. Enjoy your long trip to Sunrise this week.

No. No it's not a legitimate reason. The reality is that the Pac 12 plays 9 conference games, so they don't schedule a lot of OOC.

It's frigging THREE HOURS. If you honestly believe that Manny would schedule a Monday practice after a west coast game, you are nuts.

Stop whining. Seriously, it's a bad look. Three hours of "recovery". Good lord.

You either schedule it as the first game or you lead up or lead out with a bye week. Not complicated.

Advertisement
No. No it's not a legitimate reason. The reality is that the Pac 12 plays 9 conference games, so they don't schedule a lot of OOC.

It's frigging THREE HOURS. If you honestly believe that Manny would schedule a Monday practice after a west coast game, you are nuts.

Stop whining. Seriously, it's a bad look. Three hours of "recovery". Good lord.

You either schedule it as the first game or you lead up or lead out with a bye week. Not complicated.

I’m not whining. As I said before I’d be all for playing USC but I don’t see it happening for the reasons mentioned above. But it’s not baseless. NFL did a study years back (many others have replicated a similar study) on time zone changes and team performance in those games relative to intra- time zone games and it was drastic (home team won nearly 75% of the time compared to about 55% intra-time zone) with the best athletes in the world that do nothing else but football.

Advertisement
Back