2024 2024 WR Ryan Wingo receives offer

Film is important. Must evaluate if he is physically advanced (but not a done deal) as opposed to being maxed out and simply dominating lesser athletes.

Initial look at his frame suggests continued room for development.

Intriguing prospect here. Also appears technically gifted at his stage.

Want.
That’s not the case with playing inferior comp. SLUH plays in the largest classification and in the same conference as CBC(multiple Class 6 state champs in recent years), DeSmet(State champs and state appearance in the last 3 years), Vianney, Chaminade, etc. They play St.Mary’s(State Champs), and Cardinal Ritter as well this year. They may keep only one cupcake like team on the schedule a year. They might be like an OK St in a conference with Texas, and OU.

He’s super open right now but Miami is in the mix and can be more so if they choose to. Hopefully these new reports mean the staff has turned up the heat.

Advertisement
That’s where he’s from, he’s a STL local
I get that but I just figured that all the big $EC players plus more would make it tough for the kid to say no. Burden is a total stud and I'm sure he was offered a ton lol. Good for him staying home to represent. I look forward to watching him play

Why is he at Mizzou? Don't misunderstand, I love the fact that a 5 star stud did not end up at one of the usual places but it is somewhat surprising.
Yes, good question.
I did some internet surfing and he was previously committed to Oklahoma. At his commitment signing he also had hats from Georgia and Bama on a table, which he proceeded to throw aside.

Seems like he just wants to make his (hometown) crib great. And who knows, maybe, just maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, $$$ had something to do with it. 😉

Below should be a video from his commitment.

Advertisement
Yes, good question.
I did some internet surfing and he was previously committed to Oklahoma. At his commitment signing he also had hats from Georgia and Bama on a table, which he proceeded to throw aside.

Seems like he just wants to make his (hometown) crib great. And who knows, maybe, just maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, $$$ had something to do with it. 😉

Below should be a video from his commitment.

Seems like coach Drink has assembled quite a WR room. What they desperately need is a QB to get those studs the ball. Drink does that and maybe just maybe he could have something exciting there.

Last edited:
I get that but I just figured that all the big $EC players plus more would make it tough for the kid to say no. Burden is a total stud and I'm sure he was offered a ton lol. Good for him staying home to represent. I look forward to watching him play
I mean Mizzou has gotten high 4 and 5 star players before like Sheldon Richardson. Burden chose to try to put on for his local school after being committed to OU just like Jeremy Maclin back in the day. That’s it, that’s all. Not everybody likes or is enamored with the Sec elitist like that. And yes he did get a wonderful incentivized package from Mizzou.

Last edited:
That’s where he’s from, he’s a STL local
A little off topic, but I just realized DeSmet will play IMG on Sept 3rd this year. It will probably be a blowout, but you all will get to see a few of the high ranked DeSmet kids perform in an overmatched situation similar to East St.Louis against IMG last year in which Burden played well.

Advertisement
‘22 WR Chris Brooks Jr. 6’3 210 (whom is at Wisconsin and dad played at Nebraska) also played at SLUH last year with Wingo and is already making waves. Wisconsin also has an East St.Louis kid that transferred from UCLA that is in line to start this year.

But Wingo should be the go to go to guy this year playing against really good comp. We shall see how he shows up.

I mean Mizzou has gotten high 4 and 5 star players before like Sheldon Richardson. Burden chose to try to put on for his local school after being committed to OU just like Jeremy Maclin back in the day. That’s it, that’s all. Not everybody likes or is enamored with the Sec elitist like that. And yes he did get a wonderful incentivized package from Mizzou.
That 5 star WR they landed his name is totally escaping me

Didn’t really do a ton beyond college but he was an elite recruit I think he was local too

Edit: Green Beckham

Advertisement
Advertisement

104yds & 2TD’s off just 2 catches, Wingo ballin’

I don’t think you can score 10 points on two TDs. His team got blasted 42-10. He doesn’t have a very good QB and if Class 3 St.Mary’s beat them like this, most of the rest of the schedule won’t be any easier with Class 5 and 6 teams.

Advertisement
Back