2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh kids dont think like that. they think theyre going to win the battle (theyre competitive) and that should be the attitude. it was the attitude here. If he decides OSU or elsewhere is the best place for him even if it is loaded at the position and he decides he can beat them out, good for him. I love that attitude.
I know, but from the 1000 foot view….after a point it’s dumb. All 16 of Texas A&M’s defensive line players weren’t going to play and be stars. You literally couldn’t get them all on the field to justify the overinvestment
In the position, and A&M set themselves up for failure. Moreover, it was and is a position of need, and we could have used one or two of those guys in the 2022 class. Instead they all thought that they were going to be the star.

Just like Deion over signing at cornerback. We could have used McClain, but he and all of the other corners believe that they’ll be the next Optimus Prime.

Thinking as well as a Miami fan, we could definitely use a transformational player at wide receiver like Jeremiah Smith or JoJo Trader. Great for them that they both think that they’ll be the star, but it does us no good whatsoever to have all of the top wide receivers in the country congregating at Ohio State.

Advertisement
Here’s an extensive list of DT’s we need to land at least 2 of:

David Stone
Justin Scott
Kamarion Franklin
Artavious Jones
Dylan Williams
Ayden Breland
LJ McRae
Jericho Johnson
TJ Lindsey
Jackson from Gainesville
Jayden Jackson from IMG

Some would be better than others, particularly in the first 6 listed.
They looking at Jojo as a DT? While he is a 4 or 5 star athlete depending on which site you use I have to imagine he would be ranked much lower as a DT.

While I agree with your post, don’t know who Thomas from Orlando is. There’s a Jordan Thomas from NJ that visited in April. I would add Franklin, T.A, McCray, Jericho Johnson and TJ Lindsey to your list. Jayden Jackson is the IMG kid.
My Bad, i meant Robinson from Jones high school, Malik Bryant school. 247 dropped him down to 3 star but i still like his film similar to Jaden Jackson. But those were just some of the names and we need minimum 4 DTs who can come in and play right now. High level guys with weight and strength. If we dont do thats, thats whiffing. Imo

Advertisement
I feel like we've crossed into "What is a woman?" territory with the "what is a whiff" question. Its not that complicated unless one wants to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to avoid the straightforward answer. If we have 8 blue chip DTs visiting and go 0 for 8, it's a whiff.
That’s a fair take. We won’t get them all no matter what but not getting any would certainly be a “miss”.

It’s a bottom line business. There’s no asterisk for why when we’re lining up on game day.

We have a list of players we’re targeting. Land 2 of the best ones and then no one should care about the developmental guys behind them.

Fail to land any of the top guys then we get who we get but be honest about it (not you lol) - don’t rip the rankings as corrupt and say trust the staff to cover for what happened. That’s not being honest about it.

I'll just say this. Calling the rankings "corrupt" might be a bit much.

But they ARE subject to lobbying and manipulation.

You and I have seen the Gaytors fans HARASS the 247/Rivals guys into giving THEIR RECRUITS the "Gaytor Bumpz".

In the end, some of this is self-fulfilling. There ARE some coaching staffs that, when they identify some hidden talent, SHOULD be matched with a bump in a player's rating. But there are other schools like Florida that, when they hire Slingblade Billy, does not equate to "we know he's good because he has a Florida offer".

I'd love to have the #1 recruiting class every year. But I'd more prefer to win the national championship every year. To the extent we can do BOTH, let's go for it. But I also lived through a time when we signed guys like Russell Maryland. Maybe the recruiting websites have more info today than they did in the 1980s, but I still think that overweight DTs in Chicago with good GPAs will probably never earn 4-star rankings from the services.

And on a related note, let's not pretend that THIS isn't arrogant as ****...Clemson building something that LOOKS LIKE the national championship trophy. They have THREE championships in all of history. We had FIVE in under 20 years.

1685463874378.png

Advertisement
I'll just say this. Calling the rankings "corrupt" might be a bit much.

But they ARE subject to lobbying and manipulation.

You and I have seen the Gaytors fans HARASS the 247/Rivals guys into giving THEIR RECRUITS the "Gaytor Bumpz".

In the end, some of this is self-fulfilling. There ARE some coaching staffs that, when they identify some hidden talent, SHOULD be matched with a bump in a player's rating. But there are other schools like Florida that, when they hire Slingblade Billy, does not equate to "we know he's good because he has a Florida offer".

I'd love to have the #1 recruiting class every year. But I'd more prefer to win the national championship every year. To the extent we can do BOTH, let's go for it. But I also lived through a time when we signed guys like Russell Maryland. Maybe the recruiting websites have more info today than they did in the 1980s, but I still think that overweight DTs in Chicago with good GPAs will probably never earn 4-star rankings from the services.

And on a related note, let's not pretend that THIS isn't arrogant as ****...Clemson building something that LOOKS LIKE the national championship trophy. They have THREE championships in all of history. We had FIVE in under 20 years.

View attachment 240060
There’s a list of DTs, like other positions, who are considered to be the top targets and who higher tier schools consider to be upper echelon recruits to different degrees. We are acknowledged to be after them as most if not all have June OV’s set up here and elsewhere.

In what world can we go 0-9 - 0-11 on our OV DT list, assuming we’re not legit beating a UGA or Bama out for an equivalent unnamed player, and it not be a whiff, miss, fail?

That we take backups with high upside who are staff likes and recruiting services don’t value enough doesn’t change the fact that we missed on our targets - were that to occur.

There’s a list of DTs, like other positions, who are considered to be the top targets and who higher tier schools consider to be upper echelon recruits to different degrees. We are acknowledged to be after them as most if not all have June OV’s set up here and elsewhere.

In what world can we go 0-9 - 0-11 on our OV DT list, assuming we’re not legit beating a UGA or Bama out for an equivalent unnamed player, and it not be a whiff, miss, fail?

That we take backups with high upside who are staff likes and recruiting services don’t value enough doesn’t change the fact that we missed on our targets - were that to occur.

Yep, you and I are in agreement.

But I also freely admit to having a dim view of the ratings services. Even if they are right more often than they are wrong.

I still think it's because they copy off of Saban's exam answer sheet, and not because they are independently brilliant. And Dabo's answer sheet. And many others...

Advertisement
My Bad, i meant Robinson from Jones high school, Malik Bryant school. 247 dropped him down to 3 star but i still like his film similar to Jaden Jackson. But those were just some of the names and we need minimum 4 DTs who can come in and play right now. High level guys with weight and strength. If we dont do thats, thats whiffing. Imo
Oh got it. Don’t think there’s much interest on either side there. He’s already set up his summer OVs elsewhere and hasn’t been on our campus since Paradise camp in 2021. Believe @gogeta4 was the one that said he’s a similar prospect to John Ford.

Rankings are good but always check which coaches are recruiting the target hard (pause), which schools with proven evals will give u a better idea what type of player it is. To me this matters more or the same as the rankings at times. U dont have to tell a player like Bain let me teach u this, u insert that dude tell him his job on that play and his talent does the rest, thats all him. Those are the types of players we are targeting on the DL and man I cant wait.

Hopefully this DL changes J Smiths mind. I doubt it but u never know. He's special at wr

At this point, I do not see Smith coming here. He may not sign with O$U, but he's already visited UGA and has FU, F$U, and P$U OVs scheduled (along with O$U). Things can change, but from my view we are on the outside looking in with him. UM probably needs to show great improvement on offense to make up ground to even get back into the mix. I'd bet he's also got questions about who will be throwing him the ball in 2024, and I don't think we have an answer yet.

Advertisement
At this point, I do not see Smith coming here. He may not sign with O$U, but he's already visited UGA and has FU, F$U, and P$U OVs scheduled (along with O$U). Things can change, but from my view we are on the outside looking in with him. UM probably needs to show great improvement on offense to make up ground to even get back into the mix. I'd bet he's also got questions about who will be throwing him the ball in 2024, and I don't think we have an answer yet.
Don't think he has any QB at UF and FSU that's going to be able to throw him the ball. Don't know what is happening with elite wrs but we need to find out what it is. It can't be the show improvement excuse wrs use for us only. Something else has to be happening.

Don't think he has any QB at UF and FSU that's going to be able to throw him the ball. Don't know what is happening with elite wrs but we need to find out what it is. It can't be the show improvement excuse wrs use for us only. Something else has to be happening.
They’ve both got top QB commits for 2024 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back