2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Your post was deceptive. Apparently you compared the possible totality of 5 star RBs under Carroll at USC to what I understood you to say was the current WR depth chart at FSU.
Not intentionally.

Now that I am home, here's what I see. Florida State has 13 wide receivers at the moment. They had at least that many last year. That's too many at that position - you're having to compromise elsewhere. And looking at their roster, they're compensating by having less defensive backs (they have only four safeties) and less linebackers (only six). For Trader or any other receiver, the issue will be pushing through that sheer mass of players to get to one of the starting positions. If you're an alpha player, you're going to take that as a given. But still, that's a lot of players. Although in his favor he'd be one of the top two players in the room if he signed.

1685394502066.png

For Ohio State, you have volume combined with on-paper quality. As I mentioned in the previous post, there's a veritable horde of four star players on the roster, plus Ennis. And if the 2024 class holds up, he would be one of three five star receivers to sign. Again, if he's an alpha he presumes that he's going to overpass them all. But what if they're all highly rated alphas? Let's presume Ohio State - which is an elite program unlike the Seminoles - goes after exactly that quality. Everyone can't be an alpha in a room like that. It's like Arch Manning, Nico Iamaleava, and Dante Moore all signing with Texas in 2023, which also has Malik Murphy and Quinn Ewers. Sure, they're all alphas. They all think that they will be the guy. But all five can't be.

As for USC, using the Rivals rankings (which I was thinking of as I was out today), here's what they signed:

2006: Allen Bradford (5 star), Stafon Johnson (5 star), Kenny Ashley (4 star), Stanley Havili (4 star), Emmanuel Moody (4 star)
2007: Joe McKnight (5 star), Marc Tyler (5 star), Broderick Green (4 star)

So not quite 9 five star running backs, but per the SI article it was still an extremely stacked level of talent.

The cold truth for Bradford is that he'll needto keep making special plays like that to earn even a modest number of touchesthis season. No other team has more depth at any one position than USC has at tailback, where Bradford will compete with nine other former high school phenoms for the right to be the feature back on the nation's top team.

Players and their advisors chose poorly; no 85 man college football team should be carrying ten running backs. Multiple elite players committing to such an overstacked position in one class is ridiculous.

I think a bigger issue for these WR is who will be throwing to them when TVD leaves. I guess seeing a productive air offense will matter but who will be making those throws is as important. Jacurri or Emory needs to show they can step in. OR Miami needs to land a respected arm somehow….

Gorney always downplays Miami in his articles. There were times last year when he wouldn’t even mention Miami as a contender for top guys who eventually signed with Canes.
Gorney the type of dude to walk into a house while his wife getting slammed by another guy and he says they're just friends and he's doing her a simple favor nothing more

Advertisement
I think a bigger issue for these WR is who will be throwing to them when TVD leaves. I guess seeing a productive air offense will matter but who will be making those throws is as important. Jacurri or Emory needs to show they can step in. OR Miami needs to land a respected arm somehow….
I was thinking about this exact thing. I think UM is praying JB is the answer.. But after his showing in the spring and plans to redshirt him.. Who exactly is beating down the door to come play here next season and going forward for this QB room?

This season priority #1 should have been to get either a top QB in HS or in the transfer portal to play next season, in order to help draw in top WR talent.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this exact thing. I think UM is praying JB is the answer.. But after his showing in the spring and plans to redshirt him.. Who exactly is beating down the door to come play here next season and going forward for this QB room?

This season priority #1 should have been to get either a top QB in HS or in the transfer portal to play next season, I order to help draw in top WR talent.
If Dawson gives the O a pulse plenty of QB's will want to come here.... Get the other things fixed and the QB position will be fine...

This season priority #1 should have been to get either a top QB in HS or in the transfer portal to play next season, I order to help draw in top WR talent.
These things are yall opinions. Not factual. Multiple teams, top teams had to go portal for a starting QB, including UGA and ND and apparently Bama. This idea kids are like wow there wont be anybody but who is on your roster now is bascially pessimistic nonsense imo.

Advertisement
Gorney the type of dude to walk into a house while his wife getting slammed by another guy and he says they're just friends and he's doing her a simple favor nothing more
He is not “the type of dude”- HE IS THAT DUDE!

Source: I’m friends with him and help around the house from time to time doing favors when they need em.

So he goes to Ohio State where they already have 3 other five star receivers and 8 four star receivers? Because he’s going to be the one who beats out all of the other blue chippers and starts in Year 1?

5 stars: Jeremiah Smith, Mylan Graham,

2023:
5 stars: Brandon Inniss
4 stars: Carnell Tate, Noah Rogers, Bryson Rogers, Lorenzo Styles

2022:
4 stars: Kaleb Brown, Kyion Grayes, Caleb Burton, Kojo Antwi
If he doesn't think like that, he's dead in the water! I'd want a kid with that mind set.

Right I thought about this too. Even if they land a stud transfer it won’t be before early signing period.

Advertisement
Our QB next year will be from the portal I think

I’m not writing off Brown but I think we will need to go get one which hopefully will be easier if Dawson shows improvement for us this year

Advertisement
In years past I’d have worried about that being a negative… but In the portal era to easy to remind the kids that they will have a productive arm getting them the rock. If we don’t have it on the roster right now we will find someone to transfer in and be that guy like a King…

Gorney always downplays Miami in his articles. There were times last year when he wouldn’t even mention Miami as a contender for top guys who eventually signed with Canes.

FYI he's one of the main guys at Rivals that ranks the kids, which means his opinion and corrupt anti-Miami behavior affects the composite scores we see on 247 and On3 too.

@RVACane

These things are yall opinions. Not factual. Multiple teams, top teams had to go portal for a starting QB, including UGA and ND and apparently Bama. This idea kids are like wow there wont be anybody but who is on your roster now is bascially pessimistic nonsense imo.
Look at the teams you just named. There’s a trust factor they’ve earned amongst players that they’ll make sure that room is right no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back