2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that comes with ACCN should be good. I had Youtube TV last year and was able to get all the games. May have been one or two that were on Bally that I can't remember if I was able to get. That being said, I'm up in the MA/CT area so you might have better luck if you're in FL.
California

Advertisement
If I get a smart tv, which service do I get so I can get all of the games?
id pay for the disney bundle which includes ESPN+ (should give you ESPN, ACCN, SECN, etc.).

for CBS games, id pay for paramount plus.

if were back on ballys again, ballys premium service will have the games but i hope to god were not bad enough to be relegated there again

At some point, OSU can't just keep loading up on WR. Not because they can't but just numbers wise it doesn't make sense. They've signed 13 WR (including 2 this year) since the 21 class. There's only so many spots to go around. Sooner or later you just can't justify taking that many players at one position right?........ right?!?!?!

It builds callouses and after 20 years we have it more calloused than the Thing’s from the Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four Kiss GIF
Holy ****

The accuracy of this

Basically how I felt from the second half of the A&M game till the end of the season 😂😂😂

Advertisement
I think Jeremiah Smith is different than Trader but I don’t think we’re getting either. No way Smith comes here. I think Trader’s been more open to looking at us but I don’t see it - at all.
100% agree as it stands today. I guarantee you though - ask any of the insiders on here back a few months, and it was “Miami would have to f this up”

At some point, OSU can't just keep loading up on WR. Not because they can't but just numbers wise it doesn't make sense. They've signed 13 WR (including 2 this year) since the 21 class. There's only so many spots to go around. Sooner or later you just can't justify taking that many players at one position right?........ right?!?!?!
nothing stops them from transferring. **** Bamas best WR was an OSU transfer bc he wasnt in their top 2 spots (which shows the level of WR they recruit).

snd OSU keeps fookin loosing......

Advertisement
Agreed, the Elite 11 is rigged so that they can “score” the contestants in a way that protects the “industry ratings”. The last thing they want is a 3 star kid stealing the show while their 5 star kids wet the bed. This allows them to make subtle, not so noticeable adjustments to the ranking to realign without making them look stupid for ranking kids so high/low in the first place.

I agree, **** the industry, but I don’t have time to watch film on 1000 players, so the industry is what I have to rely on. Aside from a few people, like my boy LCE, I rather lean on national rankings than the biased opinions of Miami fans. Not that people here don’t know what they are looking at, but they are fans at the same time.

As for your last paragraph, there's no need to choose between two poisons.

No need to worship "national rankings" that are actually based on the "evaluators" from certain key geographic regions, and the biased writers who devote all of their coverage and saliva to the recruits at the SEC/Big 10 schools who make up the biggest chunk of their subscriber bases.

And there is no need to make this about the opinions of "Miami fans".

There is a middle pathway. And what is happening at Miami (and some other schools) can conceivably and finally bypass the "national rankings". And that involves a MASSIVE expansion of scouting/evaluation staffs at P5 schools. Miami now has a TON of people who work 10-12 hours per day evaluating film and other metrics, in order to get past the hype, to find the talent that fits what we are trying to do.

And it's not all just "talent". Alonzo is now asking questions of recruits that they ordinarily would be asked before the NFL Draft. And our scouting/evaluation is getting back to the old Butch/Pete model of assessing work ethic and leadership, instead of ONLY "height/weight/speed" measurements.

Do we need some "outcomes" and some wins to validate the new approach? Sure. But as you continue to dilute the "national rankings" websites (the addition of "on3" just thinned out the ranks of those who evaluate high school kids, it certainly did not IMPROVE anything), and as you continue to add more staffing at the college level, the pendulum begins to swing more heavily to "trust the coaches" than it does to "trust the national rankings".

Bottom line, I'm never going to stand here and tell you MY OPINION on all the recruits. I'm not a professional football talent evaluator, that's not my job. But I can say that I believe we will have better OVERALL talent selection with Alonzo and his staff, at least compared to an approach that attempts to chase the national rankings. Not sure if the class rankings will indicate that level of quality, though it's a bit too early to detect a "trend" from a 2-star kicker and a 3-star QB who was going to be the second QB taken in the class when we thought we could land Air Noland.

Let's settle down and see what develops. We just signed, what, the #7 class in the country, do we think that a couple of months later (with BETTER coaches) we are headed for the #27 class? Come on, now...

If I get a smart tv, which service do I get so I can get all of the games?

See if you can find a streaming provider that will give you BOTH ACC and ACCX. For instance, through Xfiniti, I only get the first channel.

Apologies if I can't remember the names, but I think there were streaming packages with some/all of these: DirecTV, Dish, Yahoo, YouTube, Sling, Hulu.

Start there, let me know how it goes. The cable solutions suck.

100% agree as it stands today. I guarantee you though - ask any of the insiders on here back a few months, and it was “Miami would have to f this up”
I know but that’s changed. I remember he was a lock supposedly until he wasn’t. He’s not Smith in terms of giving us a chance but something happened. I thought it was odd that when Dawson or Beard got hired, we heard the first call was to Smith when Trader was supposedly the one with interest. I didn’t get that at all and at the time it absolutely struck me as being off.

Advertisement

No need to worship "national rankings" that are actually based on the "evaluators" from certain key geographic regions, and the biased writers who devote all of their coverage and saliva to the recruits at the SEC/Big 10 schools who make up the biggest chunk of their subscriber bases.

There is a middle pathway. And what is happening at Miami (and some other schools) can conceivably and finally bypass the "national rankings". And that involves a MASSIVE expansion of scouting/evaluation staffs at P5 schools. Miami now has a TON of people who work 10-12 hours per day evaluating film and other metrics, in order to get past the hype, to find the talent that fits what we are trying to do.

And it's not all just "talent". Alonzo is now asking questions of recruits that they ordinarily would be asked before the NFL Draft. And our scouting/evaluation is getting back to the old Butch/Pete model of assessing work ethic and leadership, instead of ONLY "height/weight/speed" measurements.

Do we need some "outcomes" and some wins to validate the new approach? Sure. But as you continue to dilute the "national rankings" websites (the addition of "on3" just thinned out the ranks of those who evaluate high school kids, it certainly did not IMPROVE anything), and as you continue to add more staffing at the college level, the pendulum begins to swing more heavily to "trust the coaches" than it does to "trust the national rankings".

Bottom line, I'm never going to stand here and tell you MY OPINION on all the recruits. I'm not a professional football talent evaluator, that's not my job. But I can say that I believe we will have better OVERALL talent selection with Alonzo and his staff, at least compared to an approach that attempts to chase the national rankings. Not sure if the class rankings will indicate that level of quality, though it's a bit too early to detect a "trend" from a 2-star kicker and a 3-star QB who was going to be the second QB taken in the class when we thought we could land Air Noland.

Let's settle down and see what develops. We just signed, what, the #7 class in the country, do we think that a couple of months later (with BETTER coaches) we are headed for the #27 class? Come on, now...
Great post. Have to admit, you’ve granted me a bit of a different perspective. I do have faith in Alonzo and Mario, I’ve just trained myself to recognize red flags and not ignore them like I have with previous coaching staffs.

I do understand, and agree, that this staff is not the same as previous staffs. Namely due to the scouting dept expansion.

I saw on 2 different Cane podcasts the last two days conflicting info. regarding Joshisa Trader. One is saying it’s between Miami and Florida for him, the other saying FSU is most likely going to land him. Most of what I’ve been hearing on many of these message boards the last several months is he’s a Miami lock. Anyone here with any insight know the real truth?
Fsu is right there with UM. When things were shaky I even posted we weren’t leading anymore because FSU lead. They‘re a legit threat.

Advertisement

It doesn’t swing towards “trust the coaches” until a “trust the coaches” team proves the 247 Composite wrong.

Because there’s zero evidence it’s getting less accurate every year. The evidence shows the complete opposite.

Maaaan some schools just don't give ah fvck lol. Like ufag and DBs. I swear they sign like 6 every year. If they could field 11 dbs on the field they would lol

Fsu is right there with UM. When things were shaky I even posted we weren’t leading anymore because FSU lead. They‘re a legit threat.
Sounds like he’s more Ohio state bound now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back