2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BULL, did FSU have to show it on the field for Hykeem Williams? He was locked in with them before the season started, and they were coming off a 5-7 season and 4 straight losing seasons.

I said last cycle that BIG time South Florida WR's were the new Big time South Florida CB's. They are steering clear of Miami for whatever reason.

Big time WR's are a complete game changer in current college football. Do what you have to do to land them.

I'm telling you guys right now, landing a Jeremiah Smith would transform Miami's offense. It would make the run game better, it would open up the middle for slot and TE's to do work.

Could you imagine an offense where you had to worry about a read/option combo of Jacurri Brown/Mark Fletcher/Citizen/CJ..but he could pull and throw it outside/deep to Smith, but if you gave Ray Ray one on one in the slot how easy money that would be?

Back to TRADER, not sure what is going on. Hopefully he gets out of his feels.
After last season I think we have to show something out there. JMO

Advertisement
I call BULL, did FSU have to show it on the field for Hykeem Williams? He was locked in with them before the season started, and they were coming off a 5-7 season and 4 straight losing seasons.

I said last cycle that BIG time South Florida WR's were the new Big time South Florida CB's. They are steering clear of Miami for whatever reason.

Big time WR's are a complete game changer in current college football. Do what you have to do to land them.

I'm telling you guys right now, landing a Jeremiah Smith would transform Miami's offense. It would make the run game better, it would open up the middle for slot and TE's to do work.

Could you imagine an offense where you had to worry about a read/option combo of Jacurri Brown/Mark Fletcher/Citizen/CJ..but he could pull and throw it outside/deep to Smith, but if you gave Ray Ray one on one in the slot how easy money that would be?

Yes, they did actually. Whatever your opinion of their 2022 season, they were top 10 in yards per game offensively.

The solution to the problem is recruit outside of the web...

We have an over-dependency on South FL WR’s & it bites us in the *** every. single. time.

They’re not the only 5-star Wide outs in the country & if we’re really being honest, most of them don’t live up to their ranking. Just look at the drafts over the last few years & look at who are the most productive WR’s in college on a yearly basis; South FL still produces good Speedy Slot WR’s, but the myth of the #1 outside South FL WR is far greater than the actual reality.

That was the only drawback I had with the Beard hire, I think he’ll be a good technical coach that will improve our overall WR’s group performance, but if he only just recruits South FL WR’s we’re doing ourselves a disservice.

Eventually we’re going to have to wean ourselves off the South FL drug & recruit Nationally. We figured it out at other positions, but at the skill positions we’re still hooked on crack.
I could go on and on and on about this...but I don't tend to post much lol
I will say I like what I see SO FAR - but I need to see more.
I could rattle off states to recruit left and right - but I will stick with one area for this post.
West Coast. This is untapped IMO - especially with conference realignment moves being made.
Just as an example - look at the PNW. There's stud players every **** year there that end up being 1st or 2nd rounders that arent UW/UO locks like everyone assumes.

Advertisement

We have an over-dependency on South FL WR’s & it bites us in the *** every. single. time.

They’re not the only 5-star Wide outs in the country & if we’re really being honest, most of them don’t live up to their ranking. Just look at the drafts over the last few years & look at who are the most productive WR’s in college on a yearly basis; South FL still produces good Speedy Slot WR’s, but the myth of the #1 outside South FL WR is far greater than the actual reality.

That was the only drawback I had with the Beard hire, I think he’ll be a good technical coach that will improve our overall WR’s group performance, but if he only just recruits South FL WR’s we’re doing ourselves a disservice.

Eventually we’re going to have to wean ourselves off the South FL drug & recruit Nationally. We figured it out at other positions, but at the skill positions we’re still hooked on crack.
Mucho Mas Jugadores de Texas por favor senor.

Enlighten me please. I know some who are plugged in have said JoJo is a lock or we'd have to be a disaster not to get him. But I haven't heard anybody chime in on him since we've hired the new coaches.
@Ghandi with a shot across the bow late yesterday. Said don't count on JoJo being here. That obviously sent up red flags w/me and others so I asked if this was a dire warning ala Jalen Brown and the answer was not yet, but its trending the wrong way.

We’re not landing J smith. End of story. Him deleting the KB post let me know who’s pocket he’s in.
As far as Hakeem, the bigger question is where was osu uga and Bama in his recruitment?
Something seemed off to me. It’s either his work ethic or character.
No way fsu just beat all of those schools for a receiver.
Keem reminds me a lot of the Pope recruitment.
I think Bama and everyone else cooled on him and it seemed like we scored this huge recruiting victory when they actually evaluated him correctly and we didn’t.
Bama cooled on Pope and went all in on D Smith.

@Ghandi with a shot across the bow late yesterday. Said don't count on JoJo being here. That obviously sent up red flags w/me and others so I asked if this was a dire warning ala Jalen Brown and the answer was not yet, but its trending the wrong way.

One think that was omitted in your post is that Ghandi outright stated that his source isn’t as close to the the 24 kids as he was to the 23 kids. With Brown and Hykeem he had it on hood authority that they weren’t coming but that’s not the case this year but what his source has heard hasn’t been positive on JoJo.

Advertisement

Preachhh!!!! Way to much talent to just depend on that diva shish!!! Come on over here to Houston or up to DDD … make your way to that Midwest . Miami is a national brand ! Folks love Miami here in Houston .

Advertisement
One think that was omitted in your post is that Ghandi outright stated that his source isn’t as close to the the 24 kids as he was to the 23 kids. With Brown and Hykeem he had it on hood authority that they weren’t coming but that’s not the case this year but what his source has heard hasn’t been positive on JoJo.

This is correct.

I’m on the periphery locally this year.

What I have is close enough to be valid, but I knew in the spring last year those two kids weren’t coming.

All I know on Trader is it’s trending in the wrong direction quickly.

This is correct.

I’m on the periphery locally this year.

What I have is close enough to be valid, but I knew in the spring last year those two kids weren’t coming.

All I know on Trader is it’s trending in the wrong direction quickly.

I believe you.
Sorry if you already touched on it, but did this source tell you why specifically? Bevy of reasons? Or just more of the same stuff that we are used to seeing down here.

Advertisement
I believe you.
Sorry if you already touched on it, but did this source tell you why specifically? Bevy of reasons? Or just more of the same stuff that we are used to seeing down here.

htown,

not to sound like a smarta$$ but aren't the reasons pretty predictable

5-7 with a piece of $hyt, basically unwatchable team and offense. No position coach or coordinator for months since then. Just doesn't seem like this is a surprise to me.

Reactions: ben
htown,

5-7 with a piece of $hyt, basically unwatchable team and offense. No position coach or coordinator for months since then. Just doesn't seem like this is a surprise to me.
Those things were all present when things were “trending positively”. Now after Mario has begun to address them they’re “trending poorly”. Maybe it ends up being nothing but it is strange now

I believe you.

Nothing I can share in an open forum, sorry sir.

To me, it’s some of the same stuff we’re used to down here. For example, him saying that the OC hasn’t reached out is dog ****. It’s just a way to set the narrative around these parts without the player getting backlash.

People will blame the coach and ultimately it turns into “well, they weren’t on me early enough” deal. Everyone who keeps doing this **** is free to continue bidness as usual.

htown,

This a part of it too.

There’s no future to sell here. Brinson being a bust and leaving isn’t exactly getting kids to lineup and play WR here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back