2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Couple of Trader developments that were posted in other threads (see the Chance Robinson or Jeremiah Smith threads) to keep an eye on.

@Ghandi says Trader isn't engaging/listening to the coaches right now. Not a good sign early on.

Trader said in an interview he hasn't heard from Dawson (even though Ghandi says he's been reached out to).

Also Trader hasn't posted anything positive about Miami on social media in a while despite the coaching hires.

Couple of Trader developments that were posted in other threads (see the Chance Robinson or Jeremiah Smith threads) to keep an eye on.

@Ghandi says Trader isn't engaging/listening to the coaches right now. Not a good sign early on.

Trader said in an interview he hasn't heard from Dawson (even though Ghandi says he's been reached out to).

Also Trader hasn't posted anything positive about Miami on social media in a while despite the coaching hires.
Smells like butthurt feelings for whatever reason

Smells like butthurt feelings for whatever reason
If we keep chopping wood from now till season and the offense actually shows a good result something tells me we'll be in the thick of it but anytime a local kid goes from drastic hot-cold my gut instinct is some handler or hs coach drama bs going on with the kid being steered away from us.

Advertisement
“All these stud 5 star WR’s leave the area to go play elsewhere, what do we reverse it?”

“Hire an OC that runs a wide open exciting offense that puts receivers in position to produce and hire a young local legend at WR coach who is loved and respected.”

5 star WR:

Who Dis Phone Call GIF by Travis

“All these stud 5 star WR’s leave the area to go play elsewhere, what do we reverse it?”

“Hire an OC that runs a wide open exciting offense that puts receivers in position to produce and hire a young local legend at WR coach who is loved and respected.”

5 star WR:

Just a hire won’t do it. We have been riding an on and off again hype train for the last 2 decades. These kids aren’t fooled anymore. At least we have Mario recruiting to give us a puncher’s chance, otherwise we would be completely dead in the water. We are a middling P5 program until proven otherwise. We are what Pitt was in the early 2000s after years of glory. 1983 was 40 years ago. For the old timers that like if we won 2001 and the previous chip was 1961. We are ancient now.

Just a hire won’t do it. We have been riding an on and off again hype train for the last 2 decades. These kids aren’t fooled anymore. At least we have Mario recruiting to give us a puncher’s chance, otherwise we would be completely dead in the water. We are a middling P5 program until proven otherwise. We are what Pitt was in the early 2000s after years of glory. 1983 was 40 years ago. For the old timers that like if we won 2001 and the previous chip was 1961. We are ancient now.
Don’t disagree with any of that but the recruit has to be open to us “proving it on the field” and right now reports are that he’s not. Hopefully it’s nothing and we land him. Plus It’s just a little hyperbole to demonstrate the insanity that recruiting can be sometimes.

Don’t disagree with any of that but the recruit has to be open to us “proving it on the field” and right now reports are that he’s not. Hopefully it’s nothing and we land him. Plus It’s just a little hyperbole to demonstrate the insanity that recruiting can be sometimes.
It’s early March. Get his school down for a practice, show it on the field and then let Mario cook. I’m not panicking yet.

Advertisement
I call BULL, did FSU have to show it on the field for Hykeem Williams? He was locked in with them before the season started, and they were coming off a 5-7 season and 4 straight losing seasons.

I said last cycle that BIG time South Florida WR's were the new Big time South Florida CB's. They are steering clear of Miami for whatever reason.

Big time WR's are a complete game changer in current college football. Do what you have to do to land them.

I'm telling you guys right now, landing a Jeremiah Smith would transform Miami's offense. It would make the run game better, it would open up the middle for slot and TE's to do work.

Could you imagine an offense where you had to worry about a read/option combo of Jacurri Brown/Mark Fletcher/Citizen/CJ..but he could pull and throw it outside/deep to Smith, but if you gave Ray Ray one on one in the slot how easy money that would be?

Back to TRADER, not sure what is going on. Hopefully he gets out of his feels.

Advertisement

5 star WR:

Those are all positive steps in the right direction, but ultimately we need to show it on the field.

Trader's comments to Miami ON3 site:

For the Canes, a big key moving forward will be building a bond between Trader and new WR coach Kevin Beard as well as new coordinator Shannon Dawson.

“It’s good – Kevin Beard, the first time they announced it [his hiring], he called me that night,” Trader said.

Trader says the message from Beard was that he’s not going to let Trader leave home.

Trader also says he’s waiting to talk with Dawson for the first time.

“I don’t know that much about him, but he seems like a good coach,” Trader said.

Trader says he has no set plans coming up for other visits as of now.

Advertisement
I call BULL, did FSU have to show it on the field for Hykeem Williams? He was locked in with them before the season started, and they were coming off a 5-7 season and 4 straight losing seasons.

I said last cycle that BIG time South Florida WR's were the new Big time South Florida CB's. They are steering clear of Miami for whatever reason.

Big time WR's are a complete game changer in current college football. Do what you have to do to land them.

I'm telling you guys right now, landing a Jeremiah Smith would transform Miami's offense. It would make the run game better, it would open up the middle for slot and TE's to do work.

Could you imagine an offense where you had to worry about a read/option combo of Jacurri Brown/Mark Fletcher/Citizen/CJ..but he could pull and throw it outside/deep to Smith, but if you gave Ray Ray one on one in the slot how easy money that would be?

Back to TRADER, not sure what is going on. Hopefully he gets out of his feels.
And....just like Hykeem Williams....FSU got a teammate to commit the class before....

FSU got Edwin Joseph ( a guy i said should have made more of a priority) as well.

They suck at recruiting high schoolers but if they land 1 or 2 they get some dividends off that...guys we slowplay, etc.

5 star WR:

The solution to the problem is recruit outside of the web...

We have an over-dependency on South FL WR’s & it bites us in the *** every. single. time.

They’re not the only 5-star Wide outs in the country & if we’re really being honest, most of them don’t live up to their ranking. Just look at the drafts over the last few years & look at who are the most productive WR’s in college on a yearly basis; South FL still produces good Speedy Slot WR’s, but the myth of the #1 outside South FL WR is far greater than the actual reality.

That was the only drawback I had with the Beard hire, I think he’ll be a good technical coach that will improve our overall WR’s group performance, but if he only just recruits South FL WR’s we’re doing ourselves a disservice.

Eventually we’re going to have to wean ourselves off the South FL drug & recruit Nationally. We figured it out at other positions, but at the skill positions we’re still hooked on crack.

The solution to the problem is recruit outside of the web...

We have an over-dependency on South FL WR’s & it bites us in the *** every. single. time.

They’re not the only 5-star Wide outs in the country & if we’re really being honest, most of them don’t live up to their ranking. Just look at the drafts over the last few years & look at who are the most productive WR’s in college on a yearly basis; South FL still produces good Speedy Slot WR’s, but the myth of the #1 outside South FL WR is far greater than the actual reality.

That was the only drawback I had with the Beard hire, I think he’ll be a good technical coach that will improve our overall WR’s group performance, but if he only just recruits South FL WR’s we’re doing ourselves a disservice.

Eventually we’re going to have to wean ourselves off the South FL drug & recruit Nationally. We figured it out at other positions, but at the skill positions we’re still hooked on crack.
Dare I say St Louis….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back