2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central) 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Brooklyn but I’ve seen where:
1. It gives another team the ability to jump in and ***** it up in their favor, and
2. The lose faith in our staff for not being able to keep a secret.

Most of our posters don't understand #2.

I've said this before, but here goes. Top player from Orlando, early 90s, considering UM and F$U. Silently commits to UM. Erickson blabs to a reporter, who promptly writes an article. ****ed the kid off and he picked F$U.

Absolutely happened. I've known the guy for over 30 years, friend of the family, went to HS with my brothers.

Advertisement
1. It gives another team the ability to jump in and ***** it up in their favor, and
That has to be it. I cant see another way it would deter me from going to the school I want if it was me.

But on #1, again no matter if it leaked or officially announced, the other team would still be able to make another run…and if the kid is susceptible to a counter…well…

Also, not all leaks come from 1 side. There are 2 camps that have that knowledge. All Im saying is I wouldnt 100% blame the staff on a leak.

Most of our posters don't understand #2.

I've said this before, but here goes. Top player from Orlando, early 90s, considering UM and F$U. Silently commits to UM. Erickson blabs to a reporter, who promptly writes an article. ****ed the kid off and he picked F$U.

Absolutely happened. I've known the guy for over 30 years, friend of the family, went to HS with my brothers.
I can see this. Appreciate the perspective

I see. I get that but honestly at the same time I feel like that’s just the kid being a smart business person and driving it up. If he wanted to see Miami, I mean truly wanted to, he would have. He’s the top LB in the country Texas is not writing him off their board idc who he visits, especially when they’re still in contention.

But hey what do I know. I’m sure both cases are realistic and either way, it’s in the best interest to not let stuff leak.

Well it could be maybe the kid wanted it to be a secret and did not want to have to deal with his "hometown" crowd pressuring him about going to UM on a visit then trust is gone.

I agree, Texas would never write him off, but it could be 1. we were offering you x, we will now offer you y to not go on the visit, but if you go that is fine but you are not getting y only x; OR it could be name a number to not go on a visit, he does and they meet it. I think of it like a job. I could be very interest in another company. I want them to keep it under wraps and if it leaks I may get upset or if my employer snuffed it out and said whats it going to take for you to NOT go to an interview, I am sure I could think of a number to keep me content where I am at.

I also bet they like to feel in control of the situation and quote “pick their own destiny”. And they might not like reporters speaking for them

Advertisement
The recruiting energy seems pretty incredible right now and i'm 1,300 miles away.

With the fall camp approaching and heading into a season of growth it's a great time to be a []__[] fan.

If the product on the field looks as fast and tough as I anticipate it should we'll do fine in recruiting down the stretch.

The recruiting energy seems pretty incredible right now and i'm 1,300 miles away.

With the fall camp approaching and heading into a season of growth it's a great time to be a []__[] fan.

If the product on the field looks as fast and tough as I anticipate it should we'll do fine in recruiting down the stretch.
It’s not just about the stretch anymore though. A lot of recruiting is being done in the summer. Kids want to wrap it up and focus on their respective seasons.

Sure there will be plenty of kids to flip. But as it stands…

22 of the top 50 have committed to a school
50 of the top 100 have committed to a school.
74 of the top 150 have committed to a school.
102 of the top 200 have committed to a school.
134 of the top 247 have committed to a school.

That’s not including various Top247 guys that have scheduled commitments in the next coming weeks. I’m not saying Mario is behind the eight-ball or anything, but I don’t want any excuses regarding “they’ll come depending on the season”. That should apply to a handful of bonafide high four/five star guys, not most of our class. Elite kids across the country are jumping in the boat now, and just like last year…we need to rip July and August leading up to the season and re-generate positive momentum.

I trust Mario will being he’s strategic with the timing of commits.

It’s not just about the stretch anymore though. A lot of recruiting is being done in the summer. Kids want to wrap it up and focus on their respective seasons.

Sure there will be plenty of kids to flip. But as it stands…

22 of the top 50 have committed to a school
50 of the top 100 have committed to a school.
74 of the top 150 have committed to a school.
102 of the top 200 have committed to a school.
134 of the top 247 have committed to a school.

That’s not including various Top247 guys that have scheduled commitments in the next coming weeks. I’m not saying Mario is behind the eight-ball or anything, but I don’t want any excuses regarding “they’ll come depending on the season”. That should apply to a handful of bonafide high four/five star guys, not most of our class. Elite kids across the country are jumping in the boat now, and just like last year…we need to rip July and August leading up to the season and re-generate positive momentum.

I trust Mario will being he’s strategic with the timing of commits.

The talent around campus the last 3 weeks is unlike anything recruiting experts have ever seen and we're coming off a 5-7 season.

We've been doing work this summer and I suspect we have several commits in the bag, but the real difference-maker for us will be the product on the field.

Advertisement
Night and day at that yet it's still all we recruit is 3 stars... The female nature of so many just annoys the **** outta me. When it's convenient the narrative is the south Florida 3 star is a high 4 star everywhere else. Well now the entitlement is palatable and anyone not a high 4 or 5 is just a reach on Maria part because funds are drying up and Mario ****ed everything up by taking a reach last season with a good **** broyles award winner... We have 5 seperate BILLIONAIRES cutting checks... Money ain't drying up as their a **** big difference between that boys club & And some millionaires. We got mother ****** BOBBY AXELROD & his boys over here. We're just fine.
Bro i learnt two things this offseason so far. Dont go back and forth too much telling man we gonna be fine recruiting WRs and also not to convince them we good with pretty much all our targets im terms of plans and back up plans. Soon as something good happen to the rivals its gonna be the same arguments and since only time will prove the point its useless. Man **** near brought in a top 4 class with the worse product i seen on the field, probably ever. 1 player flipping away from doing it. Worrying about man flipping all last season and only 1 end up doing it, i done gave man his flowers.

Night and day at that yet it's still all we recruit is 3 stars... The female nature of so many just annoys the **** outta me. When it's convenient the narrative is the south Florida 3 star is a high 4 star everywhere else. Well now the entitlement is palatable and anyone not a high 4 or 5 is just a reach on Maria part because funds are drying up and Mario ****ed everything up by taking a reach last season with a good **** broyles award winner... We have 5 seperate BILLIONAIRES cutting checks... Money ain't drying up as their a **** big difference between that boys club & And some millionaires. We got mother ****** BOBBY AXELROD & his boys over here. We're just fine.

How many ppl are just phucking around when they talk about 3 stars on this board? I know I am. Mario has proved his whole career he can recruit. 90% of my post are just messing around. I’d be curious if they pinned a poll how many posters really doubt Mario will have a good class and are worried about 3 stars.

I think most are just messing around but I could be wrong. Went a few months off the board or posting so I haven’t read much the last few months.

How many ppl are just phucking around when they talk about 3 stars on this board? I know I am. Mario has proved his whole career he can recruit. 90% of my post are just messing around. I’d be curious if they pinned a poll how many posters really doubt Mario will have a good class and are worried about 3 stars.

I think most are just messing around but I could be wrong. Went a few months off the board or posting so I haven’t read much the last few months.
It’s more impatience than anything. I don’t think anyone actually doubts Mario’s recruiting prowess, and if they do then they’re a lost cause. Just look at last year and how he closed the 2022 class.

It's like where the **** these people been **** near the last twenty years? Who did they follow then? Cause honestly recruiting has NEVER been like this here. Even Butch (who could fish with the best of them) was more about evals & developing those evals then he was highly rated kids & stars is what matters. We believe in our evals, and we believe in character & traits. First and foremost now you gonna be a proven football player. We wanna know if your someone who bleeds that work.

I've been preaching evals for two decades now, ever since Butch left tbh. Chasing star ratings is what deep sixed the program under Coker in the first place. So many of those kids bought into their own hype they didn't put in the work and flamed out (Willie Williams) or got into trouble off-field (Ryan Moore). Shady and Bobby Sr never even made it to campus.

Yes, getting a 300 composite score means "something". But without good evals, you could just as easily be destroying collective team strength and cohesion as improving it.

First, love the Billions reference.

Second, totally agree with you, but it does seem very hush hush right now…even more so than last year. Hopefully we will get to the point where we are the alpha again and can stop being in fear of others smelling out our moves.

Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far". Don't ever underestimate your competitors. No reason to tell anyone anything ever except to support the recruits. Let the results speak for themselves.

Advertisement

I think there are a lot of dumbass motherfvckers on here, as well as more than a few trolls. IMO, at most a third of the "negative" posts are from informed guys who are just having fun or venting.

Isn’t it entirely possible too that the site got the info directly from the player and not the coaches? Is that a possible scenario here?

In my experience, the recruit or his circle is usually the direct source, but the story is run with before that recruit wanted the word to get out. Probably what happened in the Mack case, doubt anyone related to the program said anything.

We did have a couple of instances over the past few years where guys on here accidentally gave away too much information that got into the online pubs and caused recruits to get really upset with the program. It's usually related to kids who are UVing in secrecy. At least one kid claimed the early announcement was the reason they backed off coming here, hence why all our insiders are super cautious in sharing commitment details before they break elsewhere.

Advertisement
In my experience, the recruit or his circle is usually the direct source, but the story is run with before that recruit wanted the word to get out. Probably what happened in the Mack case, doubt anyone related to the program said anything.

We did have a couple of instances over the past few years where guys on here accidentally gave away too much information that got into the online pubs and caused recruits to get really upset with the program. It's usually related to kids who are UVing in secrecy. At least one kid claimed the early announcement was the reason they backed off coming here, hence why all our insiders are super cautious in sharing commitment details before they break elsewhere.
For sure. That’s fair and makes sense. I would think a commitment info more than likely comes directly from the player. So if them leaking this too soon causes a kid to back off, not sure how that make sense in regards to Miami.

Idk the scenario but if the above is the case it “shouldn’t” cause a kid to change his mind.

At the risk of sounding cheesy
Season 3 Wave GIF by Outlander

Yup it's real this cycle. Grab y'all seat belts and buckle up. Simply acknowledge no matter how many times they question his timing on announcements, commitments seemingly being slow, second waves, deejays ace etc. Mario don't give a **** over here on opinions. We gonna do things our way and that's that. So strap up and be patient. It's about to get wild soon.

200.gif

Yep, that's me after hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back