2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central) 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night and day at that yet it's still all we recruit is 3 stars... The female nature of so many just annoys the **** outta me. When it's convenient the narrative is the south Florida 3 star is a high 4 star everywhere else. Well now the entitlement is palatable and anyone not a high 4 or 5 is just a reach on Maria part because funds are drying up and Mario ****ed everything up by taking a reach last season with a good **** broyles award winner... We have 5 seperate BILLIONAIRES cutting checks... Money ain't drying up as their a **** big difference between that boys club & And some millionaires. We got mother ****** BOBBY AXELROD & his boys over here. We're just fine.
season 4 showtime GIF by Billions

Advertisement
At the risk of sounding cheesy
Season 3 Wave GIF by Outlander

Yup it's real this cycle. Grab y'all seat belts and buckle up. Simply acknowledge no matter how many times they question his timing on announcements, commitments seemingly being slow, second waves, deejays ace etc. Mario don't give a **** over here on opinions. We gonna do things our way and that's that. So strap up and be patient. It's about to get wild soon.

1687534514494.gif

Yup it's real this cycle. Grab y'all seat belts and buckle up. Simply acknowledge no matter how many times they question his timing on announcements, commitments seemingly being slow, second waves, deejays ace etc. Mario don't give a **** over here on opinions. We gonna do things our way and that's that. So strap up and be patient. It's about to get wild soon.
Mario gets in so deep with these kids and their families. He is also an alpha male. it just looks different when he walks in the room especially compared to Superfan Manny

Night and day at that yet it's still all we recruit is 3 stars... The female nature of so many just annoys the **** outta me. When it's convenient the narrative is the south Florida 3 star is a high 4 star everywhere else. Well now the entitlement is palatable and anyone not a high 4 or 5 is just a reach on Maria part because funds are drying up and Mario ****ed everything up by taking a reach last season with a good **** broyles award winner... We have 5 seperate BILLIONAIRES cutting checks... Money ain't drying up as their a **** big difference between that boys club & And some millionaires. We got mother ****** BOBBY AXELROD & his boys over here. We're just fine.
Mario is obsessed with recruiting and probably has the best eye for talent and development since Butch. He wants every kid he recruits to get drafted.
If he takes a 3 star its because he sees something. They think a healthy Isiah Thomas is a top 300 if not top 100 player. They think Wheatley is getting a 4th star. Mario has chased half the team off, people think he's recruiting charity cases and roster fillers? He just went into Tusca-whatever and took a RB HIGH on Saban's board.

Switching positions was were I ****ed up.. the versatility piece as part of his recruitment is understandable, and I am aware that you have more access to the situation than 99% of this board. What I find funny is that people not named @Brooklyndee now really love to parrot your thoughts on this, and still being the ones complaining about WR recruiting.

It was a dumb take for me to begin with, I'll own that. Just want the kid to be a Cane.

I think more people than just @Brooklyndee have been saying similar things for a while, but he is definitely the most knowledgeable in this area.

Look, I was a student in the 1980s and 1990s, I knew many of the athletes and roomed with a couple (one football, one non-football). I've seen guys go through position changes, and it's all in how it is handled.

I think that where fans (of all schools, especially when you read comments from fanbases like The Gaytor) tend to fail is that they advocate and/or tolerate a dishonest approach: "just tell the kid whatever he wants to hear, get him on campus, and then change his position once he is on the roster". I think that's a terrible viewpoint, and now that the Portal is big, you can easily lose a kid that way.

The key is how you address it with the player. Once he has had a chance to practice with the team, if he is not measuring up at one position and there is an opportunity at another position, he may be more receptive, at least moreso than during recruiting when other schools were filling his head with flattery.

Last couple of years, I've been very vocal against people who oversimplify with "move James Williams to linebacker". It's just nonsense.

Let's get JoJo to UM. And not by lying to him. Be honest, give good feedback, and then see what happens once he's enrolled.

Advertisement

I’m still miffed from a week back when coaches tweeted out a whale - which was for a kid committing to them quietly (Riley I believe) - and there were people on here saying stuff like “the tweets better not be for Jayden Jackson” and “this better be a 5 star…” The sense of entitlement here for some “adults” is astounding to me.

I don’t want to paint the majority this way. Plenty on here understand that a lot will happen in July and that Mario times a lot of things according to his plan.

First, love the Billions reference.

Second, totally agree with you, but it does seem very hush hush right now…even more so than last year. Hopefully we will get to the point where we are the alpha again and can stop being in fear of others smelling out our moves.

If money isn’t an issue, then an 8-win season should yield a top 5 class no problem, no questions asked. That’s what Mario was brought here to do. It doesn’t help that even though we all know programs like UF are shelling out stupid amounts of cash to generate momentum, those kids are technically all committed. The national writers are being premature and stupid clowning Miami right now in June, but they’re technically not wrong until we flip the switch and start stacking blue chippers.

I hope you’re right. I still expect July to take off with a flurry of blue-clippers. Mario isn’t a rookie and he didn’t just forget how to recruit.

Last edited:
I’m still miffed from a week back when coaches tweeted out a whale - which was for a kid committing to them quietly (Riley I believe) - and there were people on here saying stuff like “the tweets better not be for Jayden Jackson” and “this better be a 5 star…” The sense of entitlement here for some “adults” is astounding to me.

I don’t want to paint the majority this way. Plenty on here understand that a lot will happen in July and that Mario times a lot of things according to his plan.
It's like where the **** these people been **** near the last twenty years? Who did they follow then? Cause honestly recruiting has NEVER been like this here. Even Butch (who could fish with the best of them) was more about evals & developing those evals then he was highly rated kids & stars is what matters. We believe in our evals, and we believe in character & traits. First and foremost now you gonna be a proven football player. We wanna know if your someone who bleeds that work.

1687536108159.gif

Advertisement
It's like where the **** these people been **** near the last twenty years? Who did they follow then? Cause honestly recruiting has NEVER been like this here. Even Butch (who could fish with the best of them) was more about evals & developing those evals then he was highly rated kids & stars is what matters. We believe in our evals, and we believe in character & traits. First and foremost now you gonna be a proven football player. We wanna know if your someone who bleeds that work.
Reposting from gator tears. I love this stuff.

IMG_7348.jpeg

First, love the Billions reference.

Second, totally agree with you, but it does seem very hush hush right now…even more so than last year. Hopefully we will get to the point where we are the alpha again and can stop being in fear of others smelling out our moves.

If money isn’t an issue, then an 8-win season should yield a top 5 class no problem, no questions asked. That’s what Mario was brought here to do. It doesn’t help that even though we all know programs like UF are shelling out stupid amounts of cash to generate momentum, those kids are technically all committed.

I hope you’re right. I still expect July to take off with a flurry of blue-clippers. Mario isn’t a rookie and he didn’t just forget how to recruit.
There's the problem in itself though. Y'all think we move this way out of fear. We move this way out of respect and decent towards kids and their families wishes. We move this way because flooding the market is more of an enviable position than slowly bleeding it. Perception works in strange ways when it's based upon misconception. You mention hush hush and more so then last year cause you didn't know that we lost out on two five stars and a high four star last year due to leaks & more often then not simple guesses and connecting the dots by rival reporters or fans bases. When you trust someone to have your best interest in mind than that is what you do. Fans perceptions be damned.

As he should..fans are gonna be that fans..

Advertisement

So Mario’s the one slowing down the baseball hiring process, understood.😎

There's the problem in itself though. Y'all think we move this way out of fear. We move this way out of respect and decent towards kids and their families wishes. We move this way because flooding the market is more of an enviable position than slowly bleeding it. Perception works in strange ways when it's based upon misconception. You mention hush hush and more so then last year cause you didn't know that we lost out on two five stars and a high four star last year due to leaks & more often then not simple guesses and connecting the dots by rival reporters or fans bases. When you trust someone to have your best interest in mind than that is what you do. Fans perceptions be damned.
Can you elaborate on why the leaks would drive the kids away? Do you mean in the sense that a deal may be in place with us and then someone else ups the ante with theirs based off the leak/speculation?

@Brooklyndee Can you help me understand how a leak would lose a recruit? These kids and their families go through a gauntlet of a process to grow these relationships with staffs and make a selection. Why would a leak deter that selection?

If its about another team, unless the kid pulled a 180 on national signing day and signed a letter in stealth mode, the other suitor will still have time to counterpunch no matter when the story breaks.

Advertisement
Can you elaborate on why the leaks would drive the kids away? Do you mean in the sense that a deal may be in place with us and then someone else ups the ante with theirs based off the leak/speculation?
Unsure if there are others but the one I recall was Anthony Hill. His visit was under wraps, Rivals breaks the news he is visiting over the weekend, TX then later that same day the report leaks or perhaps the next day go in home with him and his visit to us is cancelled. To me that screams, hey this is our new offer, commit and shut it down and its yours, otherwise no guarantee if you leave.

Unsure if there are others but the one I recall was Anthony Hill. His visit was under wraps, Rivals breaks the news he is visiting over the weekend, TX then later that same day the report leaks or perhaps the next day go in home with him and his visit to us is cancelled. To me that screams, hey this is our new offer, commit and shut it down and its yours, otherwise no guarantee if you leave.
I see. I get that but honestly at the same time I feel like that’s just the kid being a smart business person and driving it up. If he wanted to see Miami, I mean truly wanted to, he would have. He’s the top LB in the country Texas is not writing him off their board idc who he visits, especially when they’re still in contention.

But hey what do I know. I’m sure both cases are realistic and either way, it’s in the best interest to not let stuff leak.

Last edited:

@Brooklyndee Can you help me understand how a leak would lose a recruit? These kids and their families go through a gauntlet of a process to grow these relationships with staffs and make a selection. Why would a leak deter that selection?

If its about another team, unless the kid pulled a 180 on national signing day and signed a letter in stealth mode, the other suitor will still have time to counterpunch no matter when the story breaks.

Not Brooklyn but I’ve seen where:
1. It gives another team the ability to jump in and ***** it up in their favor, and
2. They lose faith in our staff for not being able to keep a secret.

Angry Will Forte GIF by The Lonely Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back