2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Expect next year’s starting lineup to be:
Pack
Bens
Poplar
Cleveland
Omier

Our bench depth is actually pretty decent other than at the point, but both Pack and Bens can play the 1 if the other were injured.

I think George, Watson, and Casey have the potential to be orders of magnitude better than Bens, Bev, and Walker… even with Bens being a starter quality 6th man last year.

I wouldn’t count on Jakai… but you can’t rule out the possibility of a surprise.

Staying healthy is pretty much critical for any team… but I think our success still hinges on Omier — even if Nwoko is a positive surprise.
We are going to have to hope that Bensley Joseph really improved from last year so we don't lose too much from transition from Wong. Wooga has to get a little better also. Wooga has already improved to last year from his first year.

We need a proven guy that can play right away to replace Wong, not another guy that will take a couple years to develop. Maybe that will be Watson or someone else. IMO, miami should be trying to finish off what we started last year making the final four.

I am not arguing with you, I appreciate your input and I think you are likely correct. Thanks for your contributions to this site.
Wongs replacement is already on the roster, his name is Wooga Poplar. Cleveland is seen as the replacement for Jordan Miller and L believes in the youngsters and their development. Miami may add more, but they aren’t going to add just to add.

Advertisement
I think George has to be a starter by the time ACC regular season starts. If he is getting buzz as entering the NBA draft he doesn’t come here to be a backup. He is a Marvin Williams who could be a 6th and still get drafted because of potential. He is coming here to start. Only way he doesn’t is if the draft buzz was bull****.

I think George has to be a starter by the time ACC regular season starts. If he is getting buzz as entering the NBA draft he doesn’t come here to be a backup. He is a Marvin Williams who could be a 6th and still get drafted because of potential. He is coming here to start. Only way he doesn’t is if the draft buzz was bull****.
Idk if there was actually draft buzz. Guys with draft buzz don't get ranked outside of the top 200.

I think the buzz came about because George has played professionally in France and at their highest level already. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that he can handle the ACC. He's a 20 year old freshman so he should hit the ground running.

I do think that Benz is going to have another year on the bench. It may be because of George but I think that Casey is going to make a push this year.

I think the buzz came about because George has played professionally in France and at their highest level already. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that he can handle the ACC. He's a 20 year old freshman so he should hit the ground running.

I do think that Benz is going to have another year on the bench. It may be because of George but I think that Casey is going to make a push this year.
I like Benz but playing him and pack next to each other has our guards at a serious height disadvantage. 2 barely 6 feet guards is a receipt for disaster. Kinda why I never thought that quinerly was coming

Advertisement
I like Benz but playing him and pack next to each other has our guards at a serious height disadvantage. 2 barely 6 feet guards is a receipt for disaster. Kinda why I never thought that quinerly was coming
I don't know. Benz is considered a very high level defender at any level while Pack will certainly be a top offensive player in the ACC next year. If Pack shows that he can score consistently on bigger guards and Ben gets his scoring up to about 12ppg, with his defense and experience I don't know how you keep him on the bench unless George is just head and shoulders better.

Benz will be a vet.

I don't know. Benz is considered a very high level defender at any level while Pack will certainly be a top offensive player in the ACC next year. If Pack shows that he can score consistently on bigger guards and Ben gets his scoring up to about 12ppg, with his defense and experience I don't know how you keep him on the bench unless George is just head and shoulders better.

Benz will be a vet.

Agreed. Also there’s not too many teams with 1-2 that can’t be guarded by pack and Bens. Bens can guard 99% of 6-4 and under guys.

And if/when we do come across a team with NBA length at the 1/2, Watson and George potentially give us extraordinary lineup versatility.

Having said that I still thing that Pack and Bens are fine against 90%+ of college backcourts.

Advertisement
1690399523370.png

Advertisement
We need to pay this kid whatever he wants with the NIL. Make it happen Coach L. We definitely need more size and this will help.
What makes you think there is NIL money for the taking; the football retention situation should be proof of continuing issues. Ever since Ruiz downsized the basketball pot, there hasn't been a lot to compete with the big-pocketed schools as most of our invigorated financial support seems earmarked for infrastructure and staff. There were numerous top names in the portal looking for greener pastures (and I mean GREEN) which being a Final-4 team would theoretically see some worthy signings (beyond Cleveland.) Didn't happen and possibly less so now.

Advertisement
Back