2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Maybe miami has the inside track?
1689197585346.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we are essentially done then and enter next season with 2 schollies open. We will be strong but thin. Can't afford any major injuries.
Not necessarily.

There’s still a possibility that they’re looking for more players, it’s just not publicly known exactly who.

I just posted that kid because he recently entered the Portal & was still available.

But I’m sure the staff is still scouting players to add.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking for some more foreign born/Euro players that can be developed.

Not necessarily.

There’s still a possibility that they’re looking for more players, it’s just not publicly known exactly who.

I just posted that kid because he recently entered the Portal & was still available.

But I’m sure the staff is still scouting players to add.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking for some more foreign born/Euro players that can be developed.
We need a proven guy that can play right away to replace Wong, not another guy that will take a couple years to develop. Maybe that will be Watson or someone else. IMO, miami should be trying to finish off what we started last year making the final four.

I am not arguing with you, I appreciate your input and I think you are likely correct. Thanks for your contributions to this site.

We need a proven guy that can play right away to replace Wong, not another guy that will take a couple years to develop. Maybe that will be Watson or someone else. IMO, miami should be trying to finish off what we started last year making the final four.

I am not arguing with you, I appreciate your input and I think you are likely correct. Thanks for your contributions to this site.
I think the staff has high hopes for Kyshawn George & will likely be playing Wooga in the 2-Guard spot with either Watson or Cleveland at the 3/ Stretch 4.

Advertisement
We better hope George is the real deal. Coach L put a lot of stock in him.
I think he is; from all the games that I saw of him I’m a fan of his game & think he’ll fit well with what we do.

He’s got a really nice shot & can create off the dribble, plus he’s a natural ball distributor.

The key with him will be further developing his Defense & being able to adjust to ACC comp.

I think he is; from all the games that I saw of him I’m a fan of his game & think he’ll fit well with what we do.

He’s got a really nice shot & can create off the dribble, plus he’s a natural ball distributor.

The key with him will be further developing his Defense & being able to adjust to ACC comp.
I thought coach L doesn't like to play freshman. Is he an exception?

Advertisement

Expect next year’s starting lineup to be:
Pack
Bens
Poplar
Cleveland
Omier

Our bench depth is actually pretty decent other than at the point, but both Pack and Bens can play the 1 if the other were injured.

I think George, Watson, and Casey have the potential to be orders of magnitude better than Bens, Bev, and Walker… even with Bens being a starter quality 6th man last year.

I wouldn’t count on Jakai… but you can’t rule out the possibility of a surprise.

Staying healthy is pretty much critical for any team… but I think our success still hinges on Omier — even if Nwoko is a positive surprise.

Expect next year’s starting lineup to be:
Pack
Bens
Poplar
Cleveland
Omier

Our bench depth is actually pretty decent other than at the point, but both Pack and Bens can play the 1 if the other were injured.

I think George, Watson, and Casey have the potential to be orders of magnitude better than Bens, Bev, and Walker… even with Bens being a starter quality 6th man last year.

I wouldn’t count on Jakai… but you can’t rule out the possibility of a surprise.

Staying healthy is pretty much critical for any team… but I think our success still hinges on Omier — even if Nwoko is a positive surprise.
Nobody, at this point, has a clue on Jakai.

Why would he not have hit the Portal if he thought he was "blocked" here, or if L gave him no reason to think he'd see much action? A real mystery.

Advertisement
Back