2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess as time moves on, it looks bleaker for miami to land someone else besides cleveland. Hoping miami catches a break and can still land another portal transfer.

I certainly don’t feel comfortable going into next season with only 10 scholarship players.
I don't think we're done yet. Miami is still looking to fill the class. They've had recruits visit over the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if Miami signs a HS recruit and a transfer for the 2023 class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This was the first signee for Alabama's new assistant coach Pannone. He's a former HS coach from the Tampa area, who has been bouncing around pro leagues for the past few years. Last 2 years he was with the NBA's Pelicans.

I don't think we're done yet. Miami is still looking to fill the class. They've had recruits visit over the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if Miami signs a HS recruit and a transfer for the 2023 class.
Any local kid you would take a shot on? Project, or otherwise?

Advertisement
Any local kid you would take a shot on? Project, or otherwise?
If there ever was a year NOT to recruit in South Fla, this was it. Very down year for the 2023 class. Losing the Thompson twins and Bewley twins took all the luster out of this class.

It seems the consensus among many down here is that Carl Cherenfant from Calvary (signed with Memphis) remained as the top player in South FL's 2023 class and only P5 prospect. To me, the best player I've seen in 2023 is Carl Parrish, from Norland (signed with Presbyterian). I think he's got some pro stuff in his game. After those two there's a big drop off. None of the remaining unsigned prospects really does anything for me. The well is dry.

However, if someone put a gun to my head and told me to pick a name I'd have to say Mason Brown from Palm Beach Dwyer. Unfortunately, he's played most of his HS career out of position. This was his first year playing on the perimeter after transferring in for his senior year. Before that he'd been stuck in the post at his former school. Typical Florida crap with tall players. Still some coaches down here who have that mindset that if you're tall you're automatically going into the post. Mason is a project. About 6'7" with good athleticism. Has improved tremendously over the last few months but still has a ways to go. I'd love to see him in a couple of years after receiving some quality coaching and development. High IQ guy. Tough as nails. Great in the classroom. Has some NBA ties thru the family as well.

Advertisement
Back