2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Of course, you will play Pack and Joseph at times together as you did this past season when we went small. At barely 6 feet and 6'2" it is not close to optimum back court height-wise. Pack going to play the 2? I still think Larranaga wants more size at 2. Let's hope George is as good as advertised.
Pack will play the 1, Joseph the 2. I was saying that Joseph can guard any opposing 1/2 guard (even someone taller because of the way Joseph plays defense)… and extra length in whomever plays the two for us doesn’t really help Pack at the one. And I don’t think more length at the two really makes much of a difference for rebounding.

Pack will play the 1, Joseph the 2. I was saying that Joseph can guard any opposing 1/2 guard (even someone taller because of the way Joseph plays defense)… and extra length in whomever plays the two for us doesn’t really help Pack at the one. And I don’t think more length at the two really makes much of a difference for rebounding.
The problem I have with Joseph as a starting guard is he’s not dynamic enough offensively. He’s a deceptively good 3 point shooter, but he’s not athletic enough to consistently create his own shot off the dribble.

The problem I have with Joseph as a starting guard is he’s not dynamic enough offensively. He’s a deceptively good 3 point shooter, but he’s not athletic enough to consistently create his own shot off the dribble.

I feel like we have the same conversations every year about players. Last year it was Wooga not being able to make the jump, and we all saw how that played out. I think with Bens, it's best to wait and see the growth for yourself before we make any judgments. I get it's that it would be too late, but at this point I don't see us grabbing someone from the portal considering the progress being made with the current 2024 recruits.

I feel like we have the same conversations every year about players. Last year it was Wooga not being able to make the jump, and we all saw how that played out. I think with Bens, it's best to wait and see the growth for yourself before we make any judgments. I get it's that it would be too late, but at this point I don't see us grabbing someone from the portal considering the progress being made with the current 2024 recruits.
I understand what you’re saying regarding player development. This isn’t me trashing Joseph. I just think he’s best suited as a role player off the bench.

Advertisement

I think that's right, but I don't think we need all of our starters to be dynamic shot creators. If he can maintain his ~40% 3pt shooting on higher volume, he'll provide the spacing that the rest of the starters need to create shots.

You aren't starting Pack or Joseph together. I think it will be George. Joseph will move from 19 to 20 minutes a game to 25 minutes a game.
As of now, I think it's Joseph. Joseph closed games instead of Wooga for the first half of last season. If Pack and Joseph can close games together, they can start games together, too.

Maybe George, Watson, or Casey take a leap this offseason and claim a starting role, like Wooga did last year. But as of today, I think it's Joseph's job to lose. L has referred to him as a starter-caliber player in the past.

Advertisement
Any chance he comes to Miami?

I don't think so. Slick Rick has his claws in him.

But he's not the only UNC commit rumored to be decomitting. Ian Jackson (Bronx, NY) is a 2024 five star currently committed to UNC.

Word around the campfire is that some recruits and their circle are concerned about Hubert Davis. Not so sure he's gonna continue recruiting at the level he has been if he doesn't produce bigly.

Coach L should be alllll over Ian.

Time for Miami to flex on these kids. L has the pedigree.

I wish Bens all the best too but .... you gotta be kidding.
Spencer’s a good player but the portal and media attention turn him into Kyle Korver. He avg’d 13ppg. That’s just a pretty good guard on an okay B10 team. 1/10 shooting when he played us.

Again, I would’ve loved to have him but do not think we can’t make it up through Joseph, George and possibly Watson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back