2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
We needed Spencer, now I’m officially concerned with who gonna be our two.

Nijel and Joseph can’t play together because of defensive liability imo
Wooga is more fit for SF, and needs work with ball handling (pause)
Jakai hasn’t proven anything
George will be in year 1, undecided

Last edited:
Advertisement
Isn't Nigel and Pack the same player??
FlimsyColorlessBordercollie-max-1mb.gif

We needed Spencer, now I’m officially concerned with who gonna be our two.

Nijel an Pack can’t play together because of defensive liability imo
Wooga is more fit for SF, and needs work with ball handling (pause)
Jakai hasn’t proven anything
George will be in year 1, undecided

Bens is not a defensive liability against any 2 guard.

Pack and Bens is a top 15-20 caliber starting backcourt. The ceiling goes way up if George can contribute meaningfully.

I’ve always thought that we need a depth piece/rotational player in the backcourt more than a plug and play high-strung starter who is going to potentially cause chemistry issues (Bens is a leader on this team). Hoping that’s how it shakes out.

Bens is not a defensive liability against any 2 guard.

Pack and Bens is a top 15-20 caliber starting backcourt. The ceiling goes way up if George can contribute meaningfully.

I’ve always thought that we need a depth piece/rotational player in the backcourt more than a plug and play high-strung starter who is going to potentially cause chemistry issues (Bens is a leader on this team). Hoping that’s how it shakes out.
I question the Bens is a leader comment. Maybe you’re right but I didn’t see that.

Advertisement
No Spencer or the like means more PT and a probable starting role for Bensley. I don't see Poplar moving off that corner position he plays so well. If George comes in and blows people away, thats another possibility that could change a lot.

No Spencer or the like means more PT and a probable starting role for Bensley. I don't see Poplar moving off that corner position he plays so well. If George comes in and blows people away, thats another possibility that could change a lot.
You aren't starting Pack or Joseph together. I think it will be George. Joseph will move from 19 to 20 minutes a game to 25 minutes a game.

You aren't starting Pack or Joseph together. I think it will be George. Joseph will move from 19 to 20 minutes a game to 25 minutes a game.

I’m not sure this is correct. Joseph is capable of guarding almost any 1 or 2 guard. If Pack is a defensive liability he’s gonna be a defensive liability no matter who is playing the 2.

Of course I hope George can be a major contributor early… but I disagree that you can’t play Pack and Joseph together.

Advertisement
I’m not sure this is correct. Joseph is capable of guarding almost any 1 or 2 guard. If Pack is a defensive liability he’s gonna be a defensive liability no matter who is playing the 2.

Of course I hope George can be a major contributor early… but I disagree that you can’t play Pack and Joseph together.
Of course, you will play Pack and Joseph at times together as you did this past season when we went small. At barely 6 feet and 6'2" it is not close to optimum back court height-wise. Pack going to play the 2? I still think Larranaga wants more size at 2. Let's hope George is as good as advertised.

Of course, you will play Pack and Joseph at times together as you did this past season when we went small. At barely 6 feet and 6'2" it is not close to optimum back court height-wise. Pack going to play the 2? I still think Larranaga wants more size at 2. Let's hope George is as good as advertised.
I don't think size at the guard position is really gong to move the needle in any direction. Instead of trying to add another guard we could just add another forward. AJ Casey or Nwoko might be ready. They don't have to be world beaters yet, Wooga, Nigel, Matthew and Norchad can do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hoping hard for Chris Johnson now. Some say shooting guard many say combo guard, on3 says point guard... which we still seem to need... might entice him to choose Miami (I hope)

Advertisement
Back