2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement

Opening up the article in full, the full list of schools is: Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Memphis, Ole Miss, Miami, Oklahoma and Illinois.

The initial schools that wanted him are: Alabama, Ole Miss and Arkansas, Arkansas is not recruiting him anymore.

He's from Texas and UT returns Tyrese Hunter while adding Max Abmas, don't think that's a desirable spot for him. Texas A&M also returns their lead guard and have already added two SGs in the portal. I don't think the Texas connection is much to worry about.

Alabama has two CGs committed and are returning a lot of their guards from last year, so PT there is also a big issue. Ole Miss is probably the biggest real competition because they do have open playing time.

If the kid wants to bet on himself and go to a successful program(Was committed to Kansas, would be a huge downgrade going to most of these other schools) and wants to stay in Florida(Went to Montverde), then I think Miami would be a good choice for him. I think it'll be contingent on where Cam Spencer decides to go, if he goes to UConn then we need another guard, but if he commits here then we don't need Chris Johnson. I think it would be nice to have another kid who could possibly have the Wong development arc here at Miami. We haven't had a true guard commit in two years, and all he would have to beat out for PT is Jakai.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back