2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
****inson did it purely for NIL money. Can’t blame him I suppose.

Rumour is he wanted it all upfront and since Kentucky wouldn’t guarantee it, he looked elsewhere.

I meant “good for Kansas” sarcastically. He’s arrogant and seeks the spotlight, bound to cause distractions

He’s not nearly the NBA prospect he thinks he is.

And never to hear a word about KU trying to buy a national title.

Now let's see how the KU locker room holds up.
I understand the attractiveness of the KU basketball heritage with the NCs, Allen Field House and all. But ... a heavy price to pay living out on those bleak, windswept plains in the middle of nowhere. I've been to Lawrence and Hunter's welcome to it.

Advertisement
****inson did it purely for NIL money. Can’t blame him I suppose.

Rumour is he wanted it all upfront and since Kentucky wouldn’t guarantee it, he looked elsewhere.

I meant “good for Kansas” sarcastically. He’s arrogant and seeks the spotlight, bound to cause distractions

He’s not nearly the NBA prospect he thinks he is.
Definitely can’t blame him, get 2 million (alleged) while UMich didn’t get him paid.

I understand the attractiveness of the KU basketball heritage with the NCs, Allen Field House and all. But ... a heavy price to pay living out on those bleak, windswept plains in the middle of nowhere. I've been to Lawrence and Hunter's welcome to it.
I've been to Wichita multiple times. Use to do some work with McBoeing. The B-52 plant is there. Not my cup of tea and this is coming from a guy who flew out of Omaha for 4 years. I laughed when I saw Harland was going to Wichita.

Advertisement

RayJ Dennis 6’2 Guard, MAC player of the year

19.5ppg 5.8ast 1.5stls & 4.3rebs shot 48% from the floor, 36% from 3 & 76.9% from FT line

Really skilled ball handling Guard who drives to the basket & scores at will. Both left/right hand finisher, can knock down midrange shots, has a nice backdown Post up game with a Fade-away. Has really nice pull up jumper off the dribble & can hit touch floaters in the lane. Can step out & hit the 3, but is a really good playmaking Guard that penetrates & distributes while drawing defenders in.

Is a good On-Ball Defender as well, has a long wingspan & plays bigger than his listed size.

Best games:
- 13pts 8ast & 2stls vs Michigan
- 25pts 6rebs 3ast & 2stls vs Kent ST
- 28pts & 6rebs vs Ohio
- 32pts 7ast 3rebs & 2stls vs Ball ST
- 16pts 11ast & 8rebs vs Buffalo
- 27pts 7rebs 7ast & 2stls vs Bowling Green
- 18pts 10rebs & 3stls vs Eastern Mich
- 18pts 6rebs 5ast & 2stls vs Central Mich
- 18pts 8ast 5rebs & 2stls vs Akron
- 29pts 6ast & 2stls vs Miami (OH)
- 25pts 9rebs & 7ast vs Ohio

While doing some additional research on NIL-budgets, news and developments, I came across (my 1 free article) at law.com; interesting (LIFW) excerpt:

1683241877713.png

Of course, there was the often repeated LIFW woes, but this right before the Final 4 game was rather complimentary. One surprise to me was that Omier was 1 of 4 UM BB athletes "under LIFW promotion-NIL contracts". (Other than Pack and Wong, per usual in this bouncing business, contracts and payment details are not disclosed.) It's been said here in CIS because non-USA, Omier couldn't get NIL other than maybe out of country sneaky(??)monies to his relatives there or something. But it's news to me, at least, that he is officially contracted somehow to LIFW for this past year... hopefully that can be renewed and increased if that has any role whatsoever in his returning!

If you believe these 4 NIL was "roughly a million", per article's headline... with Pack and Wong taking up 900,000 seems Miller and Omier got far below their NIL-worth, at least from LIFW, per article.

Kentucky in the news recently over Hunter ****inson transfer, reportedly declining to guarantee whatever payment upfront. Interesting here that Morgan & Morgan, a law firm we all know, is said to "sponsor the entire Kentucky BB team this year". Hmmmn...

Any news on Cleveland?
There is significant chatter today that for whatever reason, Caleb Love may be revising his commit a month ago to Michigan. Missouri is one of the top schools mentioned, so much so that the chatter is about (their) NIL money, in that it can pay Caleb Love or Cleveland, but not both. If the decommit news firms up, watch for the Missouri news, as it may signal Cleveland coming here. This may also indirectly be causing the current delay.

P.S. afterthought: I'm sure Missouri boosters would love both, and Cleveland wouldn't mind playing with Caleb... if they get their NIL funding to cooperate. Reminds me of bags days.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Caleb Love just announced he is sticking with Michigan...not sure what, if anything, that will mean for Clevelands destination

Definitely can’t blame him, get 2 million (alleged) while UMich didn’t get him paid.
Not on any of the three deep All-American teams, including Honorable Mention. He was named 2nd Team All Big Ten. From all the hype, you'd think he was something super special.

If he did get $2M, that obviously raises the bar for all good Portal players. Pack's $400K last year is gonna look like chicken feed if this goes on un-regulated into the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I find it hard to believe he got 2 Million. Regardless he probably got more then he is worth but since he doesnt look like a guy who will be in the NBA for 5+years he is smart to try and get the most now. If some school was willing to even give him $750,000 they probably overpaid. But its their money. So go for it.

Last edited:
Not on any of the three deep All-American teams, including Honorable Mention. He wa named 2nd Team All Big Ten. From all the hype, you'd think he was something super special.

If he did get $2M, that obviously raises the bar for all good Portal players. Pack's $400K last year is gonna look like chicken feed if this goes on un-regulated into the future.

I don’t know if his deal is actually 2mm per year but I know Kansas has insane NIL funds so it wouldn’t surprise me if that is a real number.

There’s only a few schools who can put up that kind of money… NIL really isn’t changing any of the fundamental dynamics of CBB - the blue bloods will continue to dominate signing the very best players.

Fortunately chemistry and maturity matter almost as much as pure talent in the college game and there are lots more great players than starting spots on blue blood rosters.

I don’t know if his deal is actually 2mm per year but I know Kansas has insane NIL funds so it wouldn’t surprise me if that is a real number.

There’s only a few schools who can put up that kind of money… NIL really isn’t changing any of the fundamental dynamics of CBB - the blue bloods will continue to dominate signing the very best players.

Fortunately chemistry and maturity matter almost as much as pure talent in the college game and there are lots more great players than starting spots on blue blood rosters.
This ^

We've always done very well with transfers, well before the Portal existed.

Advertisement
Back