2024 Transfer Portal

The system we run it just feels like this kid would be a bigger better version of Sam W. He blocks a ton of shots, moves pretty well. Can rebound and he can set those high screens and if you back off hit that shot. I know we also dont like 1 year guys but this would help Nwoko not be rushed into to much. He knows if he wants a shot in the league he has to prove himself vs better comp week in and week out since 2 of his worst games were Houston and Duke.

All that said if we got Dingle and then a kid like the one from Nova that just entered I think we'd be in really good shape and the pieces should lead to a real quick learning curve.

Advertisement
Aww the portal additions aren’t happening quick enough for your liking so that means we are gunna be bad this year…

No one thinks improving from last year is going to be easy. No one thinks just replacing Wong and Miller is going to be easy. But this post is just dumb. Imagine using Walker transferring to Indiana as a justification for being a mope after the season we just had.

Just be a fan and Root for us to get our top portal targets. Simple. What’s the point of just complaining after a final 4 run?
It's really pathetic to have someone constantly on here being a mope after an Elite 8 an Final Four run. There's other places to be a mope just don't do it on this basketball board.

Advertisement
No offense to Omier, but this is one of the deepest drafts in recent years. He's not getting selected so it really comes down to returning to Miami and all that comes with that or trying to make a Summer League roster with the hope of then getting a camp invite if he shows out.

Just seems like a lot of things he'd have to overcome versus returning to school.

There are plenty of good guys still available
That’s one of the reasons I still post prospects in here...

It’s not so much that I think we’re gonna go after all of them, but it’s to show that despite the flashy names being taken off the board, there’s still several hundred really good players available.

The process has definitely taken longer than most would have expected, but it absolutely flies against all logic to think we’re not gonna add more players before the season starts.

Advertisement
This is the type of guy we should really go after. A lot of the big schools have already filled their spots and we have a huge hole to fill, so I think it would make sense to go get a guy like this.
Just a question, how you think he’d fit in our scheme given we kinda have Omier pigeon-holed into a small ball 5. Not sure how he’d fit alongside Omier in the starting rotation

Just a question, how you think he’d fit in our scheme given we kinda have Omier pigeon-holed into a small ball 5. Not sure how he’d fit alongside Omier in the starting rotation
He's a 4. Will replace a lot of what Jordan Miller brought to the table, the issue being his 3pt shot. I'm also of the belief that Omier will be taking a large number of 3s next year. Omier this year went 5-16, but there's no way that he comes back from workouts and teams haven't asked him to prove that he can at least be serviceable from 3. On another note, consensus seems to be that Nelson will probably keep his name is the draft so don't think it even matters much if we pursue.

Advertisement
When is cleveland expecting to announce? Did he ever say ?
Auburn ( 1 of 3 "finalists") got a good wing (from UAH) on Friday, and at least a Missouri analyst thinks that leaves just themselves and Miami now, and a decision this coming week. Makes sense, and haven't seen anything more definitive here. Sidenote: said analyst thinks its coming down to NIL-$ and suggests "Ruiz has plenty" so seems to think it a toss-up. Not clear what his info source is, hope it's accurate.

Advertisement
Auburn ( 1 of 3 "finalists") got a good wing (from UAH) on Friday, and at least a Missouri analyst thinks that leaves just themselves and Miami now, and a decision this coming week. Makes sense, and haven't seen anything more definitive here. Sidenote: said analyst thinks its coming down to NIL-$ and suggests "Ruiz has plenty" so seems to think it a toss-up. Not clear what his info source is, hope it's accurate.
Man we need him to replace miller 🙏🏻

Advertisement
Back