2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Kadre, Miller, Schwartz… the list goes on.

But even with that, we’re still behind the blue bloods who have billionaires PLUS tens of thousands of rabid fans who fund NIL in various ways.

Not after Holland it appears

Who ARE we after at this point? The only known target left is Cleveland.

Advertisement
At least one (Mas) if not both was reportedly given a piece of the cut-down net in Kansas City by coach and team... certainly "suggests" the answer is yes.
Who ARE we after at this point? The only known target left is Cleveland.

You didn’t hear anything about Kyshawn George until his commitment, did you?

You didn’t hear anything about Kyshawn George until his commitment, did you?
Kyshawn George seems maybe to be one of these "under the radar" players I mentioned, hopefully there's more. We may need a couple Walker-types just to have a 5-on-5 practice, and if there's an injury or two...

That being said, while I would figure us Top 5 if we did get 2 "A" players from portal, we can surely give it a go with Omier, Poplar, Pack, George, and Joseph if they stay healthy and ball out. (and not foul out)...perhaps Casey or Nwoko when needed, or Watson or Robinson will be pleasant surprises. If all of the above comes home, or most of it, Top 25 and March dancing seems more assured than just a Coach L miracle... even if we have no portal adds this year. (Lotta IFs, but still...)

Advertisement
Kyshawn George seems maybe to be one of these "under the radar" players I mentioned, hopefully there's more. We may need a couple Walker-types just to have a 5-on-5 practice, and if there's an injury or two...

That being said, while I would figure us Top 5 if we did get 2 "A" players from portal, we can surely give it a go with Omier, Poplar, Pack, George, and Joseph if they stay healthy and ball out. (and not foul out)...perhaps Casey or Nwoko when needed, or Watson or Robinson will be pleasant surprises. If all of the above comes home, or most of it, Top 25 and March dancing seems more assured than just a Coach L miracle... even if we have no portal adds this year. (Lotta IFs, but still...)
Right now, George is the biggest wild card. We have no idea how he will adapt and where in or out of the rotation he may land.

The other wild cards are the frosh/rising Soph players, Casey, Watson, Robinson, and Nwoko. How close are any of them to contributing? We really have no idea.

Advertisement
If Omier can develop any sort of mid range jumper, he and Bandaogo on the floor together would be deadly. Aziz is basically everything Casey isn’t (or has yet to show).

We done yet? I think we’re not done yet.

George was a guy who had buzz as a first round draft potential guy amongst those in the know. He may have been under the radar for a casual fan but was not under the radar in the talent scouting world.
|
|
V

“Kyshawn has excellent size. He’s lanky, but he has a great frame and it’s just a matter of time before he fills out. He’s a big guard whom I saw playing point guard for an entire game at 6’6,” ESPN NBA Draft analyst Jonathan Givony said. “You can see he has a strong feel for the game and he just really knows how to play. He can hit tough shots from everywhere; he’s got real shot-making ability. He fits Miami’s style because Coach L loves having these big, versatile guards who can handle it, pass it and shoot it. He’s almost tall enough to play the four in four-guard lineups, but he is thin so he is really a wing. He’s really fluid and smooth. The game comes very naturally for him. I am very intrigued by Kyshawn long-term.”

Advertisement

George was a guy who had buzz as a first round draft potential guy amongst those in the know. He may have been under the radar for a casual fan but was not under the radar in the talent scouting world.
There doesn't seem to have been a lot of "buzz" - or well-known hunger, for this guy in recent weeks. (Givony seems to be more the exception than the rule.) Sure, Baylor seems to have made the effort, but that's all I've seen in the reporting. Under the radar to me means not widely reported, subject to fans saying please please would be great ...in every other forum post, etc; and not just by casual fans.

As I've said before I hope I'm wrong on a lot of things, and on him too if he is more of a sure-bet starter-star, or even highly likely, than I was led to believe. And keep em coming!

|
|
V

“Kyshawn has excellent size. He’s lanky, but he has a great frame and it’s just a matter of time before he fills out. He’s a big guard whom I saw playing point guard for an entire game at 6’6,” ESPN NBA Draft analyst Jonathan Givony said. “You can see he has a strong feel for the game and he just really knows how to play. He can hit tough shots from everywhere; he’s got real shot-making ability. He fits Miami’s style because Coach L loves having these big, versatile guards who can handle it, pass it and shoot it. He’s almost tall enough to play the four in four-guard lineups, but he is thin so he is really a wing. He’s really fluid and smooth. The game comes very naturally for him. I am very intrigued by Kyshawn long-term.”
This guy was a tier 2 France Pro league player. He's going to need some seasoning. He should be better than a typical freshman but he'll need a year before he's ready to probably even start.

Advertisement
Back