2024 Transfer Portal

Dana Dingle's kid. Pops is from the Bronx like L. Cane lock. 😁

Stats suggest he’s a good but not great shooter. Volume scorer but doesn’t seem super efficient.

Not sure he fits with the pieces we have returning… I would prioritize efficiency over scoring volume because this team already has 3 great scoring options.

Advertisement
Looks like Anthony Walker to Indiana. He will compete with All-Mac selection / fellow transfer Peyton Sparks and former 4* Kaleb Banks for bench front court minutes as IU will start former 5* Ware & Reneau.

Walker looked promising as an underclassmen, I remember his Sophomore year being competent. Any thoughts for IU fans on why his development stagnated?

Looks like Anthony Walker to Indiana. He will compete with All-Mac selection / fellow transfer Peyton Sparks and former 4* Kaleb Banks for bench front court minutes as IU will start former 5* Ware & Reneau.

Walker looked promising as an underclassmen, I remember his Sophomore year being competent. Any thoughts for IU fans on why his development stagnated?
He hit his first 3 of the year against Indiana and the Hoosiers snagged him 🤣 hilarious eval by that staff wow.

He hit his first 3 of the year against Indiana and the Hoosiers snagged him 🤣 hilarious eval by that staff wow.
Indiana has 3 spots still open and has already signed 2 high ranked front court transfers, so he's clearly a depth piece. Not a lot of veterans willing to come be the 4/5th big; but, you are for sure on to something as IU fans have been making the same joke since the visit started and not in a positive tone either.

The Mgbako visit has calmed the masses a bit though.

Advertisement
Wish Ant the best. Depth piece for sure.

Reneau should see the floor way more now that Jackson Davis and Thompson have moved on.
Reneau and Ware will start, as they complement each other well. It allows Reneau to play 5 on offense, 4 on defense, with Ware vice versa.

If IU adds MgBako and/or the kid from Penn to go with 6th year PG Xavier Johnson, they'll be all right despite losing 2 likely FRPs.

Advertisement
Oh yeah, I forgot about our incredible recruiting classes following 2013...

It took a few years for L to improve our recruiting. And I don't think 2022's 10 seed that made a Cinderella run is as impressive to recruits as we think it is; 2023 is a different story.

But no, my point is we don't NEED those type of players to win, or even to win big. Adding 1 every couple of years would be nice, but we already do that.

My original point is that the notion that we should get a boost in recruiting by our recent Marches is wishful thinking and not corroborated by the evidence. That just doesn't happen. We need extended success and to crank out some NBA players before our recruiting will take another step.
Even if you feel this way, make your point and move on. No need in going after people who feel different. If your facts don't convince them then what else can be done?

And I obviously disagree with your point about it taking years to level up in recruiting.

Last edited:

Ven-Allen Lubin; another possible option still available if Cleveland doesn’t come here.

Even if you feel this way, make your point and move on. No need in going after people who feel different. If your facts don't convince them then what else can be done?

And I obviously disagree with your point about it taking years to level up in recruiting.

I'm curious if you have a recent example of a team that leveled up in recruiting after 2 good years.

Advertisement

Walker cannot shoot outside of 3 feet. No mid-range shot. Mediocre from the foul line. His best season from 3 was 23.5%. It is criminal he took 24 attempts this year. Nice kid, great teammate. He will drive IU fans nuts if they are expecting anything other than 5 to 8 minutes to burn some time for one of their bigs in foul trouble.

Ven-Allen Lubin; another possible option still available if Cleveland doesn’t come here.

Another undersized post. Not sure how he'd fit since we already have a good one in Omier. If I'm Miami, I go after guards/wings and a 4/5 who can play facing the basket. Only way I take Lubin is if he's okay with coming off the bench to backup Omier.

Reportedly, Pitino is already in strongly on Dingle for St. John's. A NYC (Bronx) kid returning home. We shall see.
Pitino is going to put a stranglehold on the NYC area. He's got deep roots in the area and he's going to take full advantage of it. That turnaround won't take longer than 2 seasons. He's well connected with the Guachos and Riverside Hawks.

Advertisement
Pitino is going to put a stranglehold on the NYC area. He's got deep roots in the area and he's going to take full advantage of it. That turnaround won't take longer than 2 seasons. He's well connected with the Guachos and Riverside Hawks.
St. John's is also tired of playing with one hand tied behind their backs, so you know things are about to change. St. John's knows the NCAA is toothless and they can get a run going before it inevitably collapses due to Pitino being a scumbag.

He never developed an outside shot and he isn’t a good enough athlete to win matchups without better skills. He became a lost cause on offense, the guy who you hope plays good defense, get some rebounds, and takes very few shots. And you hold your breath for the 3-5 minutes he plays each half because if he starts shooting you can have a lot of empty possessions.
But he is a decent defender and plays hard. I think he would be best served abandoning the 3 point shot and focusing on making 12-18 foot shots. His ball handling is more like a 4 than a 3 so he can put down 2-3 good dribbles but he can’t bring the ball up the court, lead the break, and you can’t run offense through him.
Sorry but Walker is just someone to give you a few minutes. If he scores 8 points a game its a hugely successful transfer for IU,

St. John's is also tired of playing with one hand tied behind their backs, so you know things are about to change. St. John's knows the NCAA is toothless and they can get a run going before it inevitably collapses due to Pitino being a scumbag.
Arguably the biggest @$$hole in the entire basketball coaching fraternity. That's college or pros. However, one of the great minds in the coaching world as well. It's wild some of the stories I've heard from former players and assistants. Dude seems to be a complete douchebag.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back