2024 Transfer Portal

RayJ Dennis 6’2 Guard, MAC player of the year

19.5ppg 5.8ast 1.5stls & 4.3rebs shot 48% from the floor, 36% from 3 & 76.9% from FT line

Really skilled ball handling Guard who drives to the basket & scores at will. Both left/right hand finisher, can knock down midrange shots, has a nice backdown Post up game with a Fade-away. Has really nice pull up jumper off the dribble & can hit touch floaters in the lane. Can step out & hit the 3, but is a really good playmaking Guard that penetrates & distributes while drawing defenders in.

Is a good On-Ball Defender as well, has a long wingspan & plays bigger than his listed size.

Best games:
- 13pts 8ast & 2stls vs Michigan
- 25pts 6rebs 3ast & 2stls vs Kent ST
- 28pts & 6rebs vs Ohio
- 32pts 7ast 3rebs & 2stls vs Ball ST
- 16pts 11ast & 8rebs vs Buffalo
- 27pts 7rebs 7ast & 2stls vs Bowling Green
- 18pts 10rebs & 3stls vs Eastern Mich
- 18pts 6rebs 5ast & 2stls vs Central Mich
- 18pts 8ast 5rebs & 2stls vs Akron
- 29pts 6ast & 2stls vs Miami (OH)
- 25pts 9rebs & 7ast vs Ohio

Would be an ideal Wong replacement but the buzz is all Illinois.

Advertisement

This is the type of kid we should be kicking the tires on. Was the best player on a Wright State team that went 22-14 and made it to the 2nd round of the tourney 2 years ago. I have no idea why he didn’t get playing time last year at Ohio State especially since he was incredibly efficient. Would be a nice depth piece to fight for 20 or so minutes a game at multiple spots.

This is the type of kid we should be kicking the tires on. Was the best player on a Wright State team that went 22-14 and made it to the 2nd round of the tourney 2 years ago. I have no idea why he didn’t get playing time last year at Ohio State especially since he was incredibly efficient. Would be a nice depth piece to fight for 20 or so minutes a game at multiple spots.
Would be a good replacement (and possible upgrade) for Beverly. We really need another ball handling guard, we don't have good depth there as of now.

Would be a good replacement (and possible upgrade) for Beverly. We really need another ball handling guard, we don't have good depth there as of now.
been surprised to read on here that many are expecting Robinson to take the next step. He’s looked unplayable in every chance he’s gotten as a ball handler in mop up duty. I totally agree we need another guard and I hope I’m wrong on Robinson and he has a breakout year because that would be massive depth wise

Has anyone considered asking Walker, Aire and
How is it amazing?

Easy. Look at the Women's program.
In 30 days from their Elite 8 appearance, they have 5 commitments. 4 really good transfers for next season and one 2024 commitment.
They are in a great position to make another deep run in the NCAA Tournament along with potentially winning the ACC.
In 30 days since the Final 4, the Men's program has lost 6 players for sure with 2 possibles with only 2 replacements.
In 30 days the mens team has went from a reload (which was a huge fantasy) to a complete rebuild.

Advertisement
been surprised to read on here that many are expecting Robinson to take the next step. He’s looked unplayable in every chance he’s gotten as a ball handler in mop up duty. I totally agree we need another guard and I hope I’m wrong on Robinson and he has a breakout year because that would be massive depth wise

Valid points. I’d counter with a few minutes of mop up duty in a couple of games is a small sample size.

He’s had a couple years to gain muscle (205 up from 185) and learn the system. He’s always been known as an excellent defender and 3 pt shooter. Can also play the 3 (albeit without length).

The fact that he’s stuck with the program and seemingly passed his end of season interview, coupled with the fact we haven’t aggressively (imho) pursued a 2 in the portal leads me to believe L sees a role for him this year.

I think if L can avoid it you arent going to see many 1 year guys. He def wants older guys who have at least 2 years left.

You are starting to see in bball age wins. Kentucky's 1 and done model is struggling. Next year Duke will be much better because they will have a roster full of 2nd and 3rd year guys.

Only 1 yr guy I would love to see is a true 5 who can block shots and alter another 8-12 per game while rebounding and scores well enough that you cant ignore him.

Has anyone considered asking Walker, Aire and

Easy. Look at the Women's program.
In 30 days from their Elite 8 appearance, they have 5 commitments. 4 really good transfers for next season and one 2024 commitment.
They are in a great position to make another deep run in the NCAA Tournament along with potentially winning the ACC.
In 30 days since the Final 4, the Men's program has lost 6 players for sure with 2 possibles with only 2 replacements.
In 30 days the mens team has went from a reload (which was a huge fantasy) to a complete rebuild.

What has happened to you? I'm getting close to putting you on ignore, which is crazy considering you were the only one posting on these threads as recently as 18 months ago.

No matter how bad we were, you would almost always predict that we would win the next game. You were such a loyal fan of a terrible program, and now that it has achieved legitimate success, you've become a constant downer. Your irrational optimism became irrational pessimism. It's honestly pretty sad.

Assuming Pack and Omier come back, we have 9 guys under scholarship for next season. In what world is that a "rebuild"? We only need 1 or 2 more players. Danilo may still return, and there are still >1k players in the portal.

Advertisement
What has happened to you? I'm getting close to putting you on ignore, which is crazy considering you were the only one posting on these threads as recently as 18 months ago.

No matter how bad we were, you would almost always predict that we would win the next game. You were such a loyal fan of a terrible program, and now that it has achieved legitimate success, you've become a constant downer. Your irrational optimism became irrational pessimism. It's honestly pretty sad.

Assuming Pack and Omier come back, we have 9 guys under scholarship for next season. In what world is that a "rebuild"? We only need 1 or 2 more players. Danilo may still return, and there are still >1k players in the portal.
I'm interested to see if he actually responds. As I have said a few times, how could someone be so negative with what has happened over the last two seasons?

From my understanding, many transfer prospects somehow reach out before they enter the portal. (I guess you are not allowed to "reach" them in advance, but we know channels exist in the Wild wild west.)

With no agent (because of effect on NBA draft-testing rules) they mostly likely, if a bit unhappy and wanting some moola (maybe PT but not always) can somehow contact a collective or a Ruiz-guy and say hey what can i get? Said guy has to run it by Coach L somehow (not sure what methods are kosher) and if we are interested, I would expect a gentlemen's agreement...

...to be followed by player entering portal shortly thereafter and the committing real quick. So I think our likely adds will be this way, not from those in portal now (assuming they are willing to do the gentlemen's agreement with our NIL peeps.)

Advertisement
I didn’t know that L could put a gun to someone’s head and MAKE them come to Miami. Transfers make decisions based on a ton of factors, and some make stupid decisions. The fact that L just took us on a ride that has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF MIAMI BASKETBALL, and we have smooth brained fans panicking about depth pieces is further proof that we have some of the most irrational, moronic fans in collegiate athletics. You can’t make up some of the takes on this thread, even if you tried.

Let the man do his job and then once the roster is complete, whine if need be.

Guys, please don't turn this into the football board
Our fans now showing they suck in multiple sports. I hate to say it, the worst thing that happened to this board is the program finding unprecedented success because idiots that didn’t know the program existed before last March are showing their asses. Wish they would keep their dumbassery on the football board.

I didn’t know that L could put a gun to someone’s head and MAKE them come to Miami. Transfers make decisions based on a ton of factors, and some make stupid decisions. The fact that L just took us on a ride that has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF MIAMI BASKETBALL, and we have smooth brained fans panicking about depth pieces is further proof that we have some of the most irrational, moronic fans in collegiate athletics. You can’t make up some of the takes on this thread, even if you tried.

Stop being so sensitive and in your feelings. This is the most benign criticism in the history of any board ever and your panties are in bunch? Nobody said fire the guy, nobody said we're gonna suck next year, nobody said Coach L sucks, many just respectfully said they were concerned.

No, its you guys who are the ones bringing in the bad juju from the football board by not allowing people to very politely express their views because they don't jibe with yours. Thats how this **** starts.

Everybody knows he's not done yet. Its not breaking news.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Someone can express concern without "panicking" or "whining." Relax.

Since Beran is not coming, how about Tasos Kamateros from South Dakota? Ja'Heim Hudson from Georgia State?

Attachments

• screencapture-espn-mens-college-basketball-player-stats-id-4593838-tasos-kamateros-2023-04-27-...jpg
    screencapture-espn-mens-college-basketball-player-stats-id-4593838-tasos-kamateros-2023-04-27-...jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 8
  • screencapture-espn-mens-college-basketball-player-stats-id-4897218-jaheim-hudson-2023-04-27-14...jpg
    screencapture-espn-mens-college-basketball-player-stats-id-4897218-jaheim-hudson-2023-04-27-14...jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Back