2024 Transfer Portal

Conference is improving. Which means our opponents are improving.

Obviously trust Coach L with my life but this team needs a couple additions if we want to achieve anything close to our 2022-2023 run.

Advertisement
The best players have already been signed by the best teams just like it has always been. We'll find somebody because there are over 1000 payers in the portal. But there is a reason that the fat cats signed the best players whatever the cost. They got a lot better for it.

We've got to keep up.

We'll end up with somebody. But it probably won't be a top 25 player unless its a jewel that Coach L digs up.....but you't need to go to the Final 4 to dig up jewels.

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement

Da’Shawn Phillip 6’5 G/F from Baltimore, 9.8ppg 3.1rebs & 1.2stls, shot 40% from the field 33% from 3 & 78% from the FT line.

Advertisement
The best players have already been signed by the best teams just like it has always been. We'll find somebody because there are over 1000 payers in the portal. But there is a reason that the fat cats signed the best players whatever the cost. They got a lot better for it.

We've got to keep up.

We'll end up with somebody. But it probably won't be a top 25 player unless its a jewel that Coach L digs up.....but you't need to go to the Final 4 to dig up jewels.

Yeah, maybe if we do what teams like Kentucky and UNC do we can make a Sweet 16, or hot ****, maybe even an Elite 8 or a Final Four one day.

Advertisement
I don't see this rebuild going as smooth as some people are dreaming!
Some people want me to believe that Coach L is going to bring in 5 transfers and make it back to the Final 4. I think most fans understand its unlikely to see a Butler-type, back to back appearance in the Final Four
Something that he has never done before at Miami.
I think I am being realistic given the history of Coach L.
Plus, you are getting close to the danger zone where you get a transfer but not a transfer that makes a significant impact on your team. Like the bullet we dodged with Beran
Only time will tell though. We obviously need both Omier and Pack back. Fingers crossed there.
We shall see.

I don't see this rebuild going as smooth as some people are dreaming!
Some people want me to believe that Coach L is going to bring in 5 transfers and make it back to the Final 4.
Something that he has never done before at Miami.
I think I am being realistic given the history of Coach L.
Plus, you are getting close to the danger zone where you get a transfer but not a transfer that makes a significant impact on your team.
Only time will tell though.
We shall see.

Rebuild???

We are very likely to bring back 3 starters and the 6th man from a Final 4 team lol as well as a handful of other guys that spent the whole season practicing in our system.

Is UConn "rebuilding"? This is college basketball. It's a new team every year. Unless Pack and Omier shock the world and stay in the draft, we're going to have a very good team next year with plenty of continuity.

RayJ Dennis 6’2 Guard, MAC player of the year

19.5ppg 5.8ast 1.5stls & 4.3rebs shot 48% from the floor, 36% from 3 & 76.9% from FT line

Really skilled ball handling Guard who drives to the basket & scores at will. Both left/right hand finisher, can knock down midrange shots, has a nice backdown Post up game with a Fade-away. Has really nice pull up jumper off the dribble & can hit touch floaters in the lane. Can step out & hit the 3, but is a really good playmaking Guard that penetrates & distributes while drawing defenders in.

Is a good On-Ball Defender as well, has a long wingspan & plays bigger than his listed size.

Best games:
- 13pts 8ast & 2stls vs Michigan
- 25pts 6rebs 3ast & 2stls vs Kent ST
- 28pts & 6rebs vs Ohio
- 32pts 7ast 3rebs & 2stls vs Ball ST
- 16pts 11ast & 8rebs vs Buffalo
- 27pts 7rebs 7ast & 2stls vs Bowling Green
- 18pts 10rebs & 3stls vs Eastern Mich
- 18pts 6rebs 5ast & 2stls vs Central Mich
- 18pts 8ast 5rebs & 2stls vs Akron
- 29pts 6ast & 2stls vs Miami (OH)
- 25pts 9rebs & 7ast vs Ohio

Advertisement

RayJ Dennis 6’2 Guard, MAC player of the year

19.5ppg 5.8ast 1.5stls & 4.3rebs shot 48% from the floor, 36% from 3 & 76.9% from FT line

Really skilled ball handling Guard who drives to the basket & scores at will. Both left/right hand finisher, can knock down midrange shots, has a nice backdown Post up game with a Fade-away. Has really nice pull up jumper off the dribble & can hit touch floaters in the lane. Can step out & hit the 3, but is a really good playmaking Guard that penetrates & distributes while drawing defenders in.

Is a good On-Ball Defender as well, has a long wingspan & plays bigger than his listed size.

Best games:
- 13pts 8ast & 2stls vs Michigan
- 25pts 6rebs 3ast & 2stls vs Kent ST
- 28pts & 6rebs vs Ohio
- 32pts 7ast 3rebs & 2stls vs Ball ST
- 16pts 11ast & 8rebs vs Buffalo
- 27pts 7rebs 7ast & 2stls vs Bowling Green
- 18pts 10rebs & 3stls vs Eastern Mich
- 18pts 6rebs 5ast & 2stls vs Central Mich
- 18pts 8ast 5rebs & 2stls vs Akron
- 29pts 6ast & 2stls vs Miami (OH)
- 25pts 9rebs & 7ast vs Ohio

Another big fish. L said he wants to add a guard. So, we should be in the market for this guy. He would start over Joseph, imo.

Advertisement
Back