2024 Transfer Portal

Danilo should consider returning
As pessimistic as I am, I truly do not know what the funds available (NIL...) are for basketball right now... but if they were any bit on the light side and Danilo was denied a piece of the pie, if we strikeout on the biggies in portal i hope those (planned/allocated?) funds will get re-allocated, so Danilo might reconsider (and get some).,

and... some... might find this interesting from today:
1682453264197.png

about the above... appears some in portal list Miami in their "list" only to entice other schools they really want to give them more. SIGH.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see this rebuild going as smooth as some people are dreaming!
Some people want me to believe that Coach L is going to bring in 5 transfers and make it back to the Final 4.
Something that he has never done before at Miami.
I think I am being realistic given the history of Coach L.
Plus, you are getting close to the danger zone where you get a transfer but not a transfer that makes a significant impact on your team.
Only time will tell though.
We shall see.
We are losing like 4 players that actually played. 2 of which were studs.

We are adding Kyshawn George from France (gunna be 20 y/o next season - so like a typical So/Jr). He will help lessen the blow from losing Wong. Then we are adding Nwoko who is basically guaranteed to be better than Walker. And we still have Casey who was a frosh last yr.

So while you're talking about adding 5 transfers, we really need just 2 quality contributors out of Transfers. If we get 2 starter quality guys, and 3 depth pieces, we might see little drop off or possible improvement...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao, y’all are more convinced of this than our rivals.
And it’s baseless. He has the money. They just made a final 4. There hasn’t been one player that entered the portal this season worth the price of the two Miami got last year. The best guards that entered to replace wong were never coming to Miami for example. I can’t name one who would have

We're going to need to bring in at least 2 transfers. I don't think Cleveland will be coming to Miami, but it would be a nice start. The portal is open until May 13th, I think. There are still a lot of good players in the portal, too. I think it's going to be a Moore/Miller type year instead of a Pack/Omier year.

We're going to need to bring in at least 2 transfers. I don't think Cleveland will be coming to Miami, but it would be a nice start. The portal is open until May 13th, I think. There are still a lot of good players in the portal, too. I think it's going to be a Moore/Miller type year instead of a Pack/Omier year.
So Elite Eight next year instead of the Final Four? The humanity!

Advertisement
looks like ruiz is running out of money.
I don't know if he's running out of money, but we are seeing the problem of his running his mouth continually to get attention. Everyone either with their hands out to get more or using us for leverage, which can't be easy in recruiting. But its the miami freaking way to make more noise than is needed (i mean ruiz).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back