2024 Transfer Portal

Some defensive clips. solid looking athlete and has actually had to defend a good amount on the perimeter. Shows ability to recover with his length and also stays vertical without fouling.

18:08
19:55
21:13
22:08
22:20

Advertisement
As it stands, I think it's more like

Omier/Nwoko
Beran/Casey
George/Watson
Wooga/Jakai
Pack/Joseph

I think Wooga starts at the 2 and both he and George could be interchangeable at that spot. Would love to add another ball handler. We still don't know what we have with Jakai, and you can never have too many guards.

I love love love love love love this lineup.

I know George/Watson is a pretty big ???… but man that has the potential (crazy talk i know) to be a better team than this year.

I think Beran is absolutely going to FEAST… the only weakness is Wooga is NOT a dribble drive guy currently so that might make things a little more schematically challenging offensively but that lineup has some serious shooting ability coupled with elite length and athleticism at 2-4.

I'm curious if the kid can give us any run as a back up 5. I think the Texas game showed (especially in the tourney) that we're better off playing small & going all in on scoring than playing a bad back up 5 just to play a back up 5. I think Casey has a lot more potential than Walker in that role if that's what it comes down to -- I like how Casey moves his feet, he's got a solid build and he doesn't do stupid things -- but I'd really like for us to be able to play the 5 out card on offense more often. it's almost like we ran two different offenses the last two seasons -- 5 out w/ Waardenburg and then a more traditional spread pick and roll w/ Omier. Miller was so important to us that I can get why L was reluctant to subject him to the beating of playing as a 5 (until absolute desperation time vs Texas), but I think we'd benefit from being able to get a 5 out line up out there in the course of some ACC games

Last edited:
I'm curious if the kid can give us any run as a back up 5. I think the Texas game showed (especially in the tourney) that we're better off playing small & going all in on scoring than playing a bad back up 5 just to play a back up 5. I think Casey has a lot more potential than Walker in that role if that's what it comes down to -- I like how Casey moves his feet, he's got a solid build and he doesn't do stupid things -- but I'd really like for us to be able to play the 5 out card on offense more often. it's almost like we ran two different offenses the last two seasons -- 5 out w/ Waardenburg and then a more traditional spread pick and roll w/ Omier. Miller was so important to us that I can get why L was reluctant to subject him to the beating of playing as a 5 (until absolute desperation time vs Texas), but I think we'd benefit from being able to get a 5 out line up out there the course of some ACC games

I think you’ll absolutely see Beran at the 5 for stretches.

The versatility of this lineup is crazy. I also think there’s a decent chance Watson has a break out year… so George and Watson might be interchangeable.

Pack/Wooga/George/Beran/Omier

Bens/Pack/Wooga/George/Beran

Then Casey and Nwoko as interior reserves.

Really, really exciting.

Advertisement
If it was one or the other for Beran/Cleveland glad we got Beran. Would love to add another 6-7 guard/wing with good ball skils.

As Amherst said above, we could mix all kinds of crazy lineups. If George can play point at times, we might have a team on floor where 6'5-6'7 is smallest guy on floor. All kinds of versatility.

Beran likely coming is indeed good welcome news. With Shedrick going to Texas, Missouri is probably going to up its quest for Cleveland, and Auburn is said to have been a large favorite, so I dont think he's coming here despite us being in his final 3. Hope im wrong.

Advertisement
If it was one or the other for Beran/Cleveland glad we got Beran. Would love to add another 6-7 guard/wing with good ball skils.

As Amherst said above, we could mix all kinds of crazy lineups. If George can play point at times, we might have a team on floor where 6'5-6'7 is smallest guy on floor. All kinds of versatility.
Cleveland is still in play.

Also… if anyone here has connects where they can get permission to share the story from the Amzil visit… do so. Coach L is such a **** good, honest, and straight forward person it’s amazing.

He's 6'9, 215 so what we need size-wise. From a lot of in-season comments on the Northwestern board (well before he hit the Portal), though, the gist is he has been a disappointment in pretty much every phase of the game.

Advertisement
We offered him.

Who knows if Beran falls through. I’d sooner guess FAU though (assuming he wants to come home) if I had to

Advertisement
Beran put up Anthony Walker type numbers if Walker was a full time starter.
People are hyped about 8 points and 5 rebounds a game.
In the Big Ten!
C'mon Man!

Last edited:
I think the transfer we end up getting will come out of the blue, kind of like George did. People like to sleep on Miami so I guess they take advantage of it and move in silence. My best guess is that one of those guys who entered the draft process/might come back will get feedback they don't like and see the spot left here by Wong. If I'm not mistaken, Wong himself was on the edge of leaving at multiple points and went and did NBA workouts and realized the benefits of coming back. We're probably slyly in touch with a few of the guards.

Advertisement
Back