2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd like to see Watson and Robinson get more minutes, both were well regarded out of HS, let's see what they can do. Pick up 2-3 transfers and use the remaining slots for a couple of '24 kids
Good point. Losing 5 players from last season's roster leaves a lot of holes to fill. 2-3 transfers would be nice. It seems we're being selective with the portal, which I'm glad to see. We need to be careful not to bring in guys just for the sake of bringing them in. Much rather see us sign guys with experience who could be immediate contributors next season. I'd hate to have to go into next season having to rely on young, inexperienced players like Watson and Robinson. Gotta get a big if we're going to be serious contenders next season. Need size. Will be tough to surpass last season without some size.

And in those two tournament runs, the team with size beat us and won the championship . In that case, I would improve in that area, so when we do face another team with that similar framework, we could match-up and possibly win.

That's false. We dominated the teams with size - Indiana and Auburn.

Oh wait, you mean the other two teams that also happened to have size - but less size than those teams that we beat - but were just better all around teams?

We lost to great teams because they were great, not because they were big.

Advertisement
Well yes when you lose the ACC player of the year, and one of the better all around players in the ACC in Miller, its going to be hard to be better.

You hope Pack gets little better.

You hope Omier develops more offensive game.

You hope Wooga takes the next step, and truly develops into a potential 1st round pick.

You hope Joseph takes another step.

You hope Carey and Watson take a Wooga and Joseph like 2nd year jump.

Then you hope and wish we grab 3 portal players, 2 stretch 4 types, and 1 scoring guard now. 2 of those 3 you want to be able to score in that 8-11 PPG range at least.
For being our fourth option (behind, Wong, Miller and Pack), I think Omier's offensive game is just fine.

It's like he fails to grasp that this approach got us to the Final 8 and 4 of the tourney the past two seasons. I also find it hilarious that he's trying to frame a narrative that Larranaga refuses to go to his bench when, on average, we went as deep into our bench as the team that just won the national title did.
Maybe as deep, but with maybe half the production/impact. Clingan, Alleyne and Calcaterra -- there's no comparison between those guys contribution and Joseph, Walker and Bev.

Advertisement
I don't know if Coach L is being very particular or not. I assumed that we'd have our pick of the portal litter after last years run.

Maybe last year's portal success was an aberration caused by Ruiz getting "first mover advantage" with the whole portal thing. Now that others have caught up, we're back to having to win the recruits the old fashioned way.

Even so, last year we took a step forward. Hopefully we won't lose all of the momentum we created. There are still plenty of players available that will make a huge difference to us and even put us right back in the mix.

Advertisement
For being our fourth option (behind, Wong, Miller and Pack), I think Omier's offensive game is just fine.

He'll be our 1st or 2nd option next year. I think his offensive game is good enough to be a top 2 option on a tournament team, but not good enough to be a top 2 option on a final 4 team. But I think he is naturally skilled and will improve a lot this offseason.

And this was bad because??? Miami played small the last two years and look what happened.
As long as Omier is here we have to play small because he can't play any position at a high level except the 5. Too limited offensively to be a modern 4. Don't think we need to play big or even have a true center but we have to have some depth there to not run into another Kansas/UConn buzz saw and get exposed. Also allows Omier to play more free and not worry about fouling out and us having no one.

I do think Nwoko can contribute early, L typically thinks otherwise, but the most important thing IMO is AJ Casey improving. If he takes a Poplar type 2nd year jump - i see another deep run into the tournament assuming we're gonna add a piece or 2 from the portal.

A Sam Waardenburg type beside Omier would be perfect. Looks like they're pursuing that.

Advertisement
Back