2024 Transfer Portal

It's like he fails to grasp that this approach got us to the Final 8 and 4 of the tourney the past two seasons. I also find it hilarious that he's trying to frame a narrative that Larranaga refuses to go to his bench when, on average, we went as deep into our bench as the team that just won the national title did.
I don’t know man, I (a very smart person) think Uncle Jim has lost it. Here at Miami, historically, we’re national championship or bust in college basketball, these Elite 8s and Final Fours are a bunch of fluff. What I’m saying is we either land two true centers in the portal or what’s even the point of playing next season?

Advertisement
I don’t know man, I (a very smart person) think Uncle Jim has lost it. Here at Miami, historically, we’re national championship or bust in college basketball, these Elite 8s and Final Fours are a bunch of fluff. What I’m saying is we either land two true centers in the portal or what’s even the point of playing next season?

What? I didn't read the entire thread but I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

Advertisement
It's like he fails to grasp that this approach got us to the Final 8 and 4 of the tourney the past two seasons. I also find it hilarious that he's trying to frame a narrative that Larranaga refuses to go to his bench when, on average, we went as deep into our bench as the team that just won the national title did.
And in those two tournament runs, the team with size beat us and won the championship . In that case, I would improve in that area, so when we do face another team with that similar framework, we could match-up and possibly win.

And in those two tournament runs, the team with size beat us and won the championship . In that case, I would improve in that area, so when we do face another team with that similar framework, we could match-up and possibly win.
My only gripe with coach L.At some point you have to value the C position. Can’t get into these tourney games against elite bugs and give away easy baskets because your tallest player is 6’7.

We couldn't buy a bucket in the first half and the first 5 minutes of the second half. We missed a bunch of bunnies, too.

Advertisement
We make our shots we win. The blueprint L has used works. I have no doubt if he can get a true center that’s worth a **** & can contribute he will. Until then just keep winning with what is working. Im in no hurry to see us change anything we do unless our talent dictates that. Part of what got us so far is the way we were built with the talent we had. I like that we are different than most. I like what we do we do well. I like our scramble defense. That’s the U! We are different than the rest.

Quincy just officially committed to Xavier on the Twitter show.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My only gripe with coach L.At some point you have to value the C position. Can’t get into these tourney games against elite bugs and give away easy baskets because your tallest player is 6’7.
I agree with this. First, let me say I recognize and respect Coach L's greatness. But having a "go-to 5" that can control the paint and add size is what takes you from a final four team to a national championship. I am somewhat saddened that we haven't even explored the possibility of adding a true big.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back