2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement

From Tulsa Oklahoma, really good shooter at 47% from the field & 41% from 3, he also shot 81% from the FT line.

Is aggressive off the dribble driving to the basket with the ability to create his own shot, but can also step back & knock down 3's from range.

A long range perimeter Wing who can score with ease. Plays at the 2, but can easily transition to the 3 & Stretch-4.

Doubt we'd be interested, but I'd take him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Avg’d abt 26min per game

Compared
Jordan Miller - 35min
Anthony Walker - 10min

Mix that with him being a senior, he’d be the starter. But would probably sub out more often, given we are looking at multiple forwards
Down the stretch he only played 12-14 minutes in the last 5 games of their season, with the only exception being the Penn State game where he got 30 minutes. He could be looking to get to a bigger program where he can provide depth and have a chance to finish out his career with a chance at making it far in the tournament while getting his masters.

UCONN had 2 kids who transferred in last year who were starters elsewhere and were the 7th and 8th men at UCONN. If you know you’re probably not making it pro why not try to go to a bigger program and still get minutes while trying to make a run at a title to finish out your career.

If there was a flaw in Coach L's strategy last season, it was giving Walker too many minutes over Casey or Aire during regular season.

Then again this Monday morning QBing and also the fact that we had too many close games that we failed to close out well. That probably ate into the minutes the Casey or Aire could have gotten.

If there was a flaw in Coach L's strategy last season, it was giving Walker too many minutes over Casey or Aire during regular season.

Then again this Monday morning QBing and also the fact that we had too many close games that we failed to close out well. That probably ate into the minutes the Casey or Aire could have gotten.

Casey played almost 200 minutes last year. He had plenty of opportunities to earn more playing time and never took advantage.

When you stink in limited minutes, the solution isn't for the coach to give you more minutes. The solution is for you to step up when your number is called and earn more minutes. He never did that.

I'd pay what it took and go all out for a championship this year tbh. Get Wong back, and Cleveland/Amzil/Whoever. We're getting quite a bit of preseason hyper for next year already. Wouldn't it be nice to go Elite 8 > Final 4 > Championship WIN..

Jon Rothstein has us preseason #4 (assuming Wong comes back, and without any portal additions). It's right there for the taking.

Advertisement
From Richmond VA, is a 34-40% career 3pt shooter & shot his career best 84% from the FT line.

He plays like a Wing, despite his size, he’s not a stationary Post Big, he’s a kid who can drive to the basket & has a nice quick trigger jumper, he’s also pretty quick for his size & does a good job as a backdoor cutter. Solid active defender & plays well within the system.

I like this potential take as a back up Forward who can give good minutes off the bench & can be a rotational 4 that will hit open 3’s off ball movement setups.

This should also let everybody who is constantly worrying about what we’re doing in terms of bringing in more pieces, that we’re clearly working diligently behind the scenes to get 3 more guys who will add onto the core nucleus.

He only 36% from the field last year (35% from 3). He had a down year (was in the mid 40s for the rest of his career).

Casey played almost 200 minutes last year. He had plenty of opportunities to earn more playing time and never took advantage.

When you stink in limited minutes, the solution isn't for the coach to give you more minutes. The solution is for you to step up when your number is called and earn more minutes. He never did that.
He had some moments defensively. I remember he had some nice defensive plays against duke in the ACCT after Omier went down.

Advertisement

Players say if you play me more I’ll play better.

Coaches say if you play better I’ll play you more.

Great coaches don’t let players simply stumble into success. Great coaches help players develop success through preparation and investing the effort and energy to play better.

Bad coaches play players and hope they get better.

Advertisement
It's like he fails to grasp that this approach got us to the Final 8 and 4 of the tourney the past two seasons. I also find it hilarious that he's trying to frame a narrative that Larranaga refuses to go to his bench when, on average, we went as deep into our bench as the team that just won the national title did.

Advertisement
Back