2024 Transfer Portal

Good feedback and just to let people know who don't already know this but Coach L has rolled with 11 scholarship guys before.
It has happened more often than most people realize.
Just to let people know.
Don't blame the messenger!
Need enough bodies to practice with but ... game-wise, only need to be 7-8 deep (barring catastrophic injuries).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need enough bodies to practice with but ... game-wise, only need to be 7-8 deep (barring catastrophic injuries).

Given this generation of kids who want immediate playing time, I think Coach L might have to change that philosophy in some way.
Using a year of eligibility to play in 14 of 37 games is a hard sell.
I am not saying 20 minutes a game but 5 to 10 minutes every game, especially for freshman, will probably need to become the norm.
Also, I don't see too many transfers coming to play less than 20 minutes a game.
It's the current status quo of college basketball.

Given this generation of kids who want immediate playing time, I think Coach L might have to change that philosophy in some way.
Using a year of eligibility to play in 14 of 37 games is a hard sell.
I am not saying 20 minutes a game but 5 to 10 minutes every game, especially for freshman, will probably need to become the norm.
Also, I don't see too many transfers coming to play less than 20 minutes a game.
It's the current status quo of college basketball.
Coach L has led his teams to an Elite 8 and Final Four the last two seasons. I'm going to put it as simple as this. He isn't changing jack.

Advertisement
Advertisement

From Richmond VA, is a 34-40% career 3pt shooter & shot his career best 84% from the FT line.

He plays like a Wing, despite his size, he’s not a stationary Post Big, he’s a kid who can drive to the basket & has a nice quick trigger jumper, he’s also pretty quick for his size & does a good job as a backdoor cutter. Solid active defender & plays well within the system.

I like this potential take as a back up Forward who can give good minutes off the bench & can be a rotational 4 that will hit open 3’s off ball movement setups.

This should also let everybody who is constantly worrying about what we’re doing in terms of bringing in more pieces, that we’re clearly working diligently behind the scenes to get 3 more guys who will add onto the core nucleus.

Advertisement
From Richmond VA, is a 34-40% career 3pt shooter & shot his career best 84% from the FT line.

He plays like a Wing, despite his size, he’s not a stationary Post Big, he’s a kid who can drive to the basket & has a nice quick trigger jumper, he’s also pretty quick for his size & does a good job as a backdoor cutter. Solid active defender & plays well within the system.

I like this potential take as a back up Forward who can give good minutes off the bench & can be a rotational 4 that will hit open 3’s off ball movement setups.

This should also let everybody who is constantly worrying about what we’re doing in terms of bringing in more pieces, we’re clearly working diligently behind the scenes to get 3 more guys who will add onto the core nucleus.
Haters will say he’s gonna start.

Haters will say he’s gonna start.
If we get Amzil & him, they’ll basically be rotating between each other.

But he’s essentially Walker’s replacement, except he’s a far better shooter & can actually dribble & drive.

He’s also pretty versatile, because of his style of play you can also put him in at the 3F spot vs certain matchups.

Avg’d abt 26min per game

Compared
Jordan Miller - 35min
Anthony Walker - 10min

Mix that with him being a senior, he’d be the starter. But would probably sub out more often, given we are looking at multiple forwards

If we get Amzil & him, they’ll basically be rotating between each other.

But he’s essentially Walker’s replacement, except he’s a far better shooter & can actually dribble & drive.

He’s also pretty versatile, because of his style of play you can also put him in at the 3F spot vs certain matchups.

Dunks won’t be nearly as exciting lol but if we get him as Walker’s replacement… that’s some really good stuff.

Advertisement
Back