2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Talking "positions" anymore is pretty outdated. In your scenario, though, you'd have Omier as your 5, Wooga playing the 2, Pack your PG?

Yup… with the flexibility to slide Wooga to the 3 and Pack to the 2 with Bens at the 1 as needed for matchups.

I'm talking about on our roster. If we signed him, I think he starts in Miller's vacated slot immediately. A year ago, I'd agree Cleveland wasn't ready, after last season, I think he is. If he can be 80% of Miller, that's far above what anybody else on the current roster ould give you. And, as you say, he's still got upside.
Jordan was really good. He shot over 50% from the field. But I agree this kid looks like a good start.

Wong's decision is key. If he returns, we're filling only one starting job and adding depth. If Nwoko is ready to start, that depth could be at any position. If he's not ready, need another game-ready big, physical player so we're not so thin up front.

Advertisement

Great. Someone is visiting Miami.
Gives us an idea of the direction the roster might take next season.
Probably going to roll with Small Ball again though.

All we know so far is that Coach L wanted 2 players out of the portal, one will be a 4, and it looks like the other will be a 2 or 3. They want to add another guy from the class of 23' as well. I think it's fair to assume they are sticking to small ball, and Omier will be the 5 though. They haven't been pursuing any 5's so far. If Wong declares, I think they'll bring 3 transfers. I can't see them going into next season with only 11 guys.

All we know so far is that Coach L wanted 2 players out of the portal, one will be a 4, and it looks like the other will be a 2 or 3. They want to add another guy from the class of 23' as well. I think it's fair to assume they are sticking to small ball, and Omier will be the 5 though. They haven't been pursuing any 5's so far. If Wong declares, I think they'll bring 3 transfers. I can't see them going into next season with only 11 guys.
A lot fewer true 5s these days. The 3 ball is king -- college and pros!

Advertisement
Kam Jones and Tyler Kolek from Marquette both posted cryptic IG’s about leaving. Would kill for one or both haha.

Benz liked Kolek’s post 👀
FDCE3F77-8149-422C-92FF-EB0F8E4BDF80.jpeg

Are you new here? Lol.

Having 13 guys last year was the exception. Under L we've typically only had 10-11 guys on scholarship.

Advertisement
I'd pay what it took and go all out for a championship this year tbh. Get Wong back, and Cleveland/Amzil/Whoever. We're getting quite a bit of preseason hyper for next year already. Wouldn't it be nice to go Elite 8 > Final 4 > Championship WIN..
I agree. Unlike football, basketball is close to a national championship and only need one or two more pieces, assuming Wong returns. I'd invest heavily in basketball now and go for it all next year.

Advertisement
Are you new here? Lol.

Having 13 guys last year was the exception. Under L we've typically only had 10-11 guys on scholarship.
What are the odds someone withdraws from the portal and attempts to come back?

We’re under no obligation to honor the scholarship. Be curious if someone (Walker?) does try and what the response would be.

What are the odds someone withdraws from the portal and attempts to come back?

We’re under no obligation to honor the scholarship. Be curious if someone (Walker?) does try and what the response would be.
I saw some recent pictures of Danilo with the team. Didn't see Walker or Aire around though, and Beverly is already out to Wichita State

Good feedback and just to let people know who don't already know this but Coach L has rolled with 11 scholarship guys before.
It has happened more often than most people realize.
Just to let people know.
Don't blame the messenger!

Advertisement
Back