2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement

With their interest in Quincy Olivari & now El Ellis that’s leading me to believe they’re either aware or are expecting for Wong to leave.

Isn't it getting close to **** or get off the pot time for Wong? Season has been over for almost 2 weeks now, aren't most of these kids announcing their intentions at this point?

Advertisement
Isn't it getting close to **** or get off the pot time for Wong? Season has been over for almost 2 weeks now, aren't most of these kids announcing their intentions at this point?
He has until the 23rd to announce whether he’s coming back or not.

Kid can really shoot and has great size (6'9, 225). We have plenty of spots to fill so wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.

Advertisement
Kid can really shoot and has great size (6'9, 225). We have plenty of spots to fill so wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.
He'll be a 4th year kid that played nearly 30 minutes per game for a team who made the A-10 final that has interest from UCLA and Memphis. If he transfers in and you don't want him to start then you better hope Casey beats him out. Realistic competition at that spot won't be coming from the outside.

Last edited:
You a fan?
Absolutely.

Lengthy 6’9 with long wingspan who’s a natural shooter with a smooth pure stroke & quick release.

Averaged 38% from 3 his Freshman year & 36% this season, plus he’s a career 44% shooter from the floor. He’s got nice running floater driving the middle lane & can knock down midrange jumpers off Pick & pop High screens. He can also face-up & drive to the basket in ISO from the Elbow.

Finnish kid with a Euro game, fundamentally sound with good shot selection. He also comes from Coach Grant’s system at Dayton, which means he’s smart & understands Offense with good situational court awareness.

His game is similar to Cameron Johnson (Pitt/UNC), not saying he’s as good as him, but they play a similar style.

Advertisement
Cleveland, if we sign him, is Miller's replacement from Day 1. Same position, size and game. Miller's a little better shooter but ... they are VERY similar.

Ehhhhh… I like Cleveland’s potential a LOT… but he’s nowhere near a replacement for Miller today. Miller was a grown man… Cleveland is still figuring things out.

Absolutely.

Lengthy 6’9 with long wingspan who’s a natural shooter with a smooth pure stroke & quick release.

Averaged 38% from 3 his Freshman year & 36% this season, plus he’s a career 44% shooter from the floor. He’s got nice running floater driving the middle lane & can knock down midrange jumpers off Pick & pop High screens. He can also face-up & drive to the basket in ISO from the Elbow.

Finnish kid with a Euro game, fundamentally sound with good shot selection. He also comes from Coach Grant’s system at Dayton, which means he’s smart & understands Offense with good situational court awareness.

His game is similar to Cameron Johnson (Pitt/UNC), not saying he’s as good as him, but they play a similar style.
Like his offensive game. Defensively and rebounding, there’s more to be desired.

Like his offensive game. Defensively and rebounding, there’s more to be desired.
Definitely not a great defender, but in today’s era of BBall so few are.

As far as rebounding, he had 8 games with 7 or more Rebounds & considering he’s not a traditional Big that plays in the post his rebounding numbers wouldn’t be that high anyway. He’s a stretch 4 that plays the majority of his minutes on the perimeter.

Dayton’s Bigs were Daron Holmes II & Toumani Camara, they patrolled the interior paint, Mustapha’s job was to shoot & set picks. He can rebound when he has to, but obviously he’s not gonna be like Omier in there cleaning glass lol.

Advertisement
Definitely not a great defender, but in today’s era of BBall so few are.

As far as rebounding, he had 8 games with 7 or more Rebounds & considering he’s not a traditional Big that plays in the post his rebounding numbers wouldn’t be that high anyway. He’s a stretch 4 that plays the majority of his minutes on the perimeter.

Dayton’s Bigs were Daron Holmes II & Toumani Camara, they patrolled the interior paint, Mustapha’s job was to shoot & set picks. He can rebound when he has to, but obviously he’s not gonna be like Omier in there cleaning glass lol.
My bad on the rebounding numbers I had him confused with someone else I for whatever reason thought he averaged around 3 a game. You’re right close to 5 boards a game in that role is pretty standard. It’s rare you find an undersized 4 like Miller who averages over 6 boards a game.

Ehhhhh… I like Cleveland’s potential a LOT… but he’s nowhere near a replacement for Miller today. Miller was a grown man… Cleveland is still figuring things out.
I'm talking about on our roster. If we signed him, I think he starts in Miller's vacated slot immediately. A year ago, I'd agree Cleveland wasn't ready, after last season, I think he is. If he can be 80% of Miller, that's far above what anybody else on the current roster ould give you. And, as you say, he's still got upside.

I'm talking about on our roster. If we signed him, I think he starts in Miller's vacated slot immediately. A year ago, I'd agree Cleveland wasn't ready, after last season, I think he is. If he can be 80% of Miller, that's far above what anybody else on the current roster ould give you. And, as you say, he's still got upside.

I like the idea of Amzil at the 4 and Cleveland at the 3.

Advertisement
Back