2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
The Power 5 ethos doesn’t really exist in CBB like it does in Football.

The best conference is the Big East & half of the teams in the Final Four were from the Mountain West & C-USA.

Memphis has been a prime destination for big time Ballers since Calipari & Derrick Rose put’em on the map.

Penny has already put 5 players in the NBA during his tenure at Memphis, they’re not small unknown program, they attract top level recruits & play big matchups every year now.

They played, Bama, Auburn, TAMU, Seton Hall, Nebraska & Stanford all this year.
Fair enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm surprised at how silent we've been in the portal. Obviously the Wong decision will make a big impact, but I thought we'd have at least one guy by now. I'm hoping its just that we're silently waiting for someone big to enter the portal. I think a lot of kids are also getting draft evals right now, so best case scenario would be a player thats testing the draft waters, but getting feedback that he needs another year and ends up transferring schools. The NIL money from Ruiz is better than the potential G League money from going undrafted. Cleveland fits that mold, but I think there will also be more to come.

I'm surprised at how silent we've been in the portal. Obviously the Wong decision will make a big impact, but I thought we'd have at least one guy by now. I'm hoping its just that we're silently waiting for someone big to enter the portal. I think a lot of kids are also getting draft evals right now, so best case scenario would be a player thats testing the draft waters, but getting feedback that he needs another year and ends up transferring schools. The NIL money from Ruiz is better than the potential G League money from going undrafted. Cleveland fits that mold, but I think there will also be more to come.
The season ended not even two weeks ago. Slow your roll.

Advertisement
Good player that we recruited in high school. Too much FSU stink for me though, so I say pass. Not sure he's got enough bulk to really hold up at the 4 anyway.
Wow. My son and Matt first played together at 10 years old in AAU, and then against each other all thru high school at rival schools.
Matt is a very nice young man, very polite and comes from a good family.
But he has absolutely not developed at all at FSU. He is the same Uber athlete that he was in high school devoid of a jump shot. I was literally yelling at him through my TV watching FSU play this year to at least shoot the free throw line shot the opponent was giving him. He’s too good to play as he has for Coach Ham.

There are more good players entering the portal every day than leaving the portal still. There is also a LOT of back channeling going on. Please be patient and see where it all lands. We're talking about finding the right two guys, not signing a 25 man football recruiting class.

Advertisement
There are more good players entering the portal every day than leaving the portal still. There is also a LOT of back channeling going on. Please be patient and see where it all lands. We're talking about finding the right two guys, not signing a 25 man football recruiting class.
I personally think we need 3 incoming portal players:
- A replacement for Miller
- A replacement for Wong
- A bench guard who can shoot and handle the ball (essentially a replacement for Beverly)

I personally think we need 3 incoming portal players:
- A replacement for Miller
- A replacement for Wong
- A bench guard who can shoot and handle the ball (essentially a replacement for Beverly)
Cleveland, if we sign him, is Miller's replacement from Day 1. Same position, size and game. Miller's a little better shooter but ... they are VERY similar.

Advertisement
Back