2024 Transfer Portal

Rienk Mast and Mustapha Amzil are two others that I think could be good fits.
Amzil looks like a "stretch 4" (he likes to shoot the 3). As opposed to a post-up big who will join Omier in doing the dirty work, defending and scoring from the high post or down low. We could win playing with either approach -- basically, two Power Forwards, or a 4 (Omier) and a more classic 5 man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What’s so dysfunctional about Memphis?

Penny just put together his best season as HC there.
Hardaway most certainly had his best season at Memphis. I just find it surprising with all the interest shown to this kid he chose Memphis. Thought he would land in a Power 5 conference. With Houston, and to less extent Cincinnati, leaving the American for the Big 12, the conference is definitely much weaker.

Advertisement
Hardaway most certainly had his best season at Memphis. I just find it surprising with all the interest shown to this kid he chose Memphis. Thought he would land in a Power 5 conference. With Houston, and to less extent Cincinnati, leaving the American for the Big 12, the conference is definitely much weaker.
The Power 5 ethos doesn’t really exist in CBB like it does in Football.

The best conference is the Big East & half of the teams in the Final Four were from the Mountain West & C-USA.

Memphis has been a prime destination for big time Ballers since Calipari & Derrick Rose put’em on the map.

Penny has already put 5 players in the NBA during his tenure at Memphis, they’re not small unknown program, they attract top level recruits & play big matchups every year now.

They played, Bama, Auburn, TAMU, Seton Hall, Nebraska & Stanford all this year.

May be as simple as the fact that Penny Hardaway got both Precious Achiuwa and the Wiseman kid drafted in the first round. Coach L on the other hand has struggled to get big men into the league at all. This is absolutely a negative recruiting point.

These kids are getting paid now, so getting drafted to the league is the goal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back