2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement

Florida State: “My brother played football at Florida State. Coach Smith also hit me up and they’ve been recruiting me hard. Florida State is an option.”

Indiana: “Coach Woodson is a great coach and Indiana is the Mecca of basketball. With coach Woodson coaching in the NBA, I know he knows what it takes to get to the next level.”

Miami: “Coach Larrañaga is a great coach. They’re coming off a Final Four with some guys coming back. I can see myself at Miami.”

Penn State: “I played for coach Rhoades and he’s the reason why I came to VCU. Penn State is definitely one of my top choices right now. They’re a great option.”

San Diego State: “They’ve been on me a lot and called me last night. I’ve been watching them play and they’re losing two four men so they want me to come in and impact winning for them.”

VCU: “I spoke with coach Ryan Odom this morning and we had a great talk. I love it here, it’s home and they’re an option. I like the way coach Odom coaches and can see myself fitting into his offense.”

“Whichever team I choose is getting a high motor, highly skilled four man with a motor that never stops. I also rebound the ball really well on defense and offense and I’m an overall leader.”

VCU 6-9 forward Jalen Deloach has listed UM among his top six schools, with VCU, FSU, Indiana, Penn State and San Diego State. Deloach, who has two years of eligibility remaining, averaged 9.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks and shot 56.2 percent from the field last season. But he hasn’t attempted a three-pointer in 65 career games. So he isn’t a stretch big. Miami is reportedly among schools that have inquired about these players, among others:

Pittsburgh 6-9 forward John Hughley IV ( 12.2 points, 6.6 rebounds in three years at Pitt, but shot only 22.2 percent on threes), St. John’s freshman 6-6 guard AJ Storr (8.8 points, shot 40.4 percent on threes last season), Temple 6-5 guard Damian Dunn (15.3 points, 34.8 on threes last season) and Vanderbilt forward Myles Stute (7.4 points, 37.9 on threes in three seasons with the Commodores). Also, 6-9 forward Jonathan Pierre — who won a Division II championship at Nova Southeastern earlier this month — has heard from 120 Division schools (including UM), according to on3.com. He has met with Oklahoma, Memphis and LSU and was arranging a meeting with Duke and others. He told Draft Express’ Jon Chepkevich that he wants to have a final five by early next week and then visit those schools. Pierre averaged 14.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game and shot 40.5 percent on threes during Nova’s championship season.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article274074510.html#storylink=cpy
Hughley was apparently hurt this past season at Pitt. He was a real beast inside a couple years ago. A bigger version of Omier, with great size and strong hands. Coming into this season, he was viewed as a premier ACC interior player, capable of averaging a double double. If healthy, just what we need.

Advertisement
Hughley was apparently hurt this past season at Pitt. He was a real beast inside a couple years ago. A bigger version of Omier, with great size and strong hands. Coming into this season, he was viewed as a premier ACC interior player, capable of averaging a double double. If healthy, just what we need.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our season ended a week ago. Some of you really aren’t built for this…

What did he say that was wrong? It's a quiet start. This isn't a long window. Top kids were committing while we were still playing games.

He also said he wasn't too worried.

The whole "built for this" idea is so dumb. Built for what, refreshing a message board? Lol alright tough guy.

It's too early to be concerned, but it's also a quiet start. Sorry that hurt your feelings. Maybe you're not built for opinions that don't give you the warm and fuzzies?

More on Hugley:

Hugley, a former four-star recruit, has three years of eligibility left. He played just eight games this season, averaging eight points and 3.8 rebounds per game while shooting 47% from the field. He spent most of the season away from the team, rehabilitating his physical and mental health. A knee injury sidelined him for most of the season and he never looked like the same player upon returning to the court. He earned All-ACC honorable mention honors in 2021.
---------------------------------

Wonder what the mental health issues were? And the knee rehab status. If they are resolved, and he plays anything like he did the season before last ...
------------------------------------------------
Apparently, we're in on him:

PITTSBURGH -- He announced his decision to transfer and end his tenure with the Pitt Panthers just two days ago and John Hugley is already receiving interest from two dozen Division I schools.

Michigan, Oregon, Miami, Rutgers, Xavier, Arkansas, LSU, Cincinnati, Iowa, State, West Virginia, Maryland, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, UCF, Wisconsin, Butler, Dayton, Ohio, Arizona State, Georgia, Duquesne, Oakland, Loyola Marymount and Cleveland State are among those who have reached out to the former Pitt forward, according to a report from Joe Tipton.

Advertisement
The only thing to look forward to right now is the basketball teams acquiring some solid players for next year, lol. The baseball team can't beat anyone worth a ****, and the doom and gloom vibe on the football forums is palpable right now.

What did he say that was wrong? It's a quiet start. This isn't a long window. Top kids were committing while we were still playing games.

He also said he wasn't too worried.

The whole "built for this" idea is so dumb. Built for what, refreshing a message board? Lol alright tough guy.

It's too early to be concerned, but it's also a quiet start. Sorry that hurt your feelings. Maybe you're not built for opinions that don't give you the warm and fuzzies?
It does take a certain "dawg" and "mentality" to sit at home and not worry about recruiting. Some just aren't built for it......lol

Advertisement
Back