2024 Transfer Portal

El Ellis is hitting the portal
Dave Chappelle Help GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guess this transfer thing isn't going as quickly as i'd hoped. Thought we'd have locked somebody in by now.

Coach L will figure something out.
We lost 3 weeks to many teams by virtue of the NCAAT run we had. One of the downsides of going deep into the Tourney.

I don't see a lot of quality bigs out there. Mostly guards and perimeter players on the "elite" lists. Gotta be some good ones though and hopefully L can focus in on one. Omier needs help inside.

Advertisement
We lost 3 weeks to many teams by virtue of the NCAAT run we had. One of the downsides of going deep into the Tourney.

I don't see a lot of quality bigs out there. Mostly guards and perimeter players on the "elite" lists. Gotta be some good ones though and hopefully L can focus in on one. Omier needs help inside.
I'm disappointed we appear to have missed out on the kid from Nova.

Our run will depend on us keeping up with the other teams.

VCU 6-9 forward Jalen Deloach has listed UM among his top six schools, with VCU, FSU, Indiana, Penn State and San Diego State. Deloach, who has two years of eligibility remaining, averaged 9.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks and shot 56.2 percent from the field last season. But he hasn’t attempted a three-pointer in 65 career games. So he isn’t a stretch big. Miami is reportedly among schools that have inquired about these players, among others:

Pittsburgh 6-9 forward John Hughley IV ( 12.2 points, 6.6 rebounds in three years at Pitt, but shot only 22.2 percent on threes), St. John’s freshman 6-6 guard AJ Storr (8.8 points, shot 40.4 percent on threes last season), Temple 6-5 guard Damian Dunn (15.3 points, 34.8 on threes last season) and Vanderbilt forward Myles Stute (7.4 points, 37.9 on threes in three seasons with the Commodores). Also, 6-9 forward Jonathan Pierre — who won a Division II championship at Nova Southeastern earlier this month — has heard from 120 Division schools (including UM), according to on3.com. He has met with Oklahoma, Memphis and LSU and was arranging a meeting with Duke and others. He told Draft Express’ Jon Chepkevich that he wants to have a final five by early next week and then visit those schools. Pierre averaged 14.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game and shot 40.5 percent on threes during Nova’s championship season.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article274074510.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Back