2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
You put Nelson up high in that pick and roll or pick and pop...we become potentially even more difficult to guard 1 through 5. A 6'11 guy who can pop out and shoot it "ok" for a guy that size, can handle it well enough and it opens things up for Omier to clean up even more on the offensive glass. It also gives us height to match up with anyone along with depth in the frontcourt.

March madness is becoming more and more wild but going into the season we would likely be a heavy final 4 favorite with that roster.

This offense also Nelson to work on what most likely said are his weaknesses at the next level. All that being said I would take either...and if I am playing Devils Advocate Nelson fits the UVA mold too.

Nelson and Spencer force someone to the bench.

Pack/Benz
Spencer/George/Jakai
Cleveland/Wooga/Watson
Nelson/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Pt will be a major issue. Can’t see Poplar not starting

It would mean Wooga would have to improve ball handling in a big way. Still don’t think you turn down Nelson in any circumstance… Would love either one!

If it were just about the best 5 individual players then Kentucky, Kansas and Duke would be in the final 4 every year.

I hope L proves me wrong but I’m not sure that Nelson fits
Nelson and Spencer force someone to the bench.

Pack/Benz
Spencer/George/Jakai
Cleveland/Wooga/Watson
Nelson/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Pt will be a major issue. Can’t see Poplar not starting

Poplar is gonna start and may be our leading scorer if he develops the way L hopes/expects.

If Poplar starts at the two we need a three with a great handle (George, Watson?)… I just can’t imagine Poplar at the 2 and Cleveland at the 3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Spencer fits much better in the lineup than Nelson. Nelson leaves Cleveland at the 3 with Wooga at the 2. Ball handling with that lineup is suspect

That’s my thought too… but maybe there’s some scenario where L thinks he can make it work depending on Wooga’s development.

That being said, last year L was real clear that he wanted Wooga to be a one or two bounce guy rather than the dribble, dribble, dribble, crossover, turnover.

Advertisement
Back