Spring 2024 Spring Games (other than the Canes)

Advertisement
Nico is starting. Went 9/9 in the spring game. Haven’t been this excited for a qb maybe ever (too young for Peyton)
This is turning into the classic fishing story. One Tennessee fan told me he looked rough because of the OL woes, the next one said Gaston Moore was the best QB at the spring game, the next UT fan says Nico was 6/6 for like 75 yards, the next one said he was 7/9 for 95, now I'm seeing 9/9 lol

This is turning into the classic fishing story. One Tennessee fan told me he looked rough because of the OL woes, the next one said Gaston Moore was the best QB at the spring game, the next UT fan says Nico was 6/6 for like 75 yards, the next one said he was 7/9 for 95, now I'm seeing 9/9 lol
Whoever said Gaston Moore was the best qb was under heavy narcotics lmao

Here's my fascinating take on Spring Game coverage. The people watching these games aren't casual fans, these are people who can tell you, for the most part, everyone on the team, and where they came from. They know every coach, and maybe grad assistants too. They watch to see who is making an impact, future starters, etc. How is that unit looking, can so and so actually play? They most likely know more than the announcers do about their team. That's how they should cover it. The coverage needs to be more in depth and focus more on who is on the field, etc.

Yeah it's great to see the old players come back, but don't interview them when the plays are happening.

Wait till the "He went 12-14 200yds & 4 TDs" comes about.

Advertisement
Whoever said Gaston Moore was the best qb was under heavy narcotics lmao
Of course it doesn't matter because they're playing the $8M man until he gets snapped in half. But for the record it seems multiple outlets say something similar

Knoxville News Sentinel:
"Iamaleava was 7-of-9 passing for 96 yards and one touchdown"

Vol Report:

Gaston Moore headlines spring game for second-straight season​

"For the second-straight spring game, backup Gaston Moore led the offense with 184 yards and two touchdowns"

Off The Hook Sports:
"Tennessee quarterback Gaston Moore wasn’t supposed to steal the Orange and White Game. He did so anyway."

Sports Illustrated:
Gaston Moore was a name to note during the spring game, as he was the most impressive quarterback

BVM Sports:

Gaston Moore’s Stellar Performance Highlights Tennessee’s Spring Game Victory​

Advertisement
Louisville spring game on ACCN tonight at 7 pm

Tyler Shough ,transfer from Oregon, at QB

Last edited:
Definitely want to see Louisville’s team this year, Jaleel Skinner, Brooks, Lacy, Bell, and I want to see how Chaney does. Also have to see how TJ Capers plays #18.

Syracuse is a team to watch out for too, Kyle McCord at Qb with Jackson Meeks and Zeed Haynes from Georgia coming in. Isaiah Hastings Transfer from Alabama at DT.

Can’t wait to see what the Velvet cake team from Tallahassee has with DJ Uganrvdhysbrvrkajvrnsba at Qb

Lville offense is good, as always. They arent' tackling - just thudding- so it's hard to gauge the defense.

Bell has made a few really nice catches so far. Shough and the backup both look good. Haven't seen Bailey yet.

Advertisement

Seeing the lousiville game. Seems like the same exact team as last year. Tyler Shough does look like a better QB than Plummer but nothing from what I saw screams unbeatable. Maybe slightly better than last year but I wouldnt say by much. I think we have the ability to beat them.

From the ACC games so far I would say Clemson is the biggest threat. I also think GT looks very potential heavy to cause problems this season.

Last edited:
Brohm will have their offense working. But their schedule isn’t as easy this year. Clemson will be good. Probably the best team in the league if the Orange and green glasses come off

Advertisement
Can’t put much stock into spring games but here my 2 cent.

LSU- Offense will take a step back with Nussmeier. I just don’t think he is as talented/playmaker as Daniel. Defense will be better with Baker calling plays. Baker scheme still leaves certain part of the field open. Big plays will kill them.

Florida - Defense is still big but slow, secondary didn’t look good. Offense is picture perfect bro style. Mertz is Mertz… he is a walking INT. Lagway has talent but young. I can see him getting the start spot midway during the season. Stop Florida run game and you beat them.

Tennessee - Offensive scheme is make or break based on the QB and their QBs are talented but extremely young. Nico has all the tools but need the experience. They have weapons everywhere else. Defense is good… nothing special but they will need to carry this team for the first half of the season. They will start slow but can see them being really good by the second half of the season.

Alabama - They will be good again. They will still be physical and lean on the run game but DeBoer will make the passing game easier for Milroe, so I see the offense being a lot better. I don’t know about the defense just because there have the be a drop off losing Saban. It will still be great just because of talent.
Did Mertz therow a bunch of picks? He looked a lot like Cam Ward with the highlight reels.

Iowa st had their spring game this morning , was looking forward to hearing about Jayden Higgins, but supposedly he didn’t play … idk if because injury or hopefully hitting the portal fingers crossed lol

Advertisement
Back