2024 Season Rankings Thread

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
1705617193537.png

We are officially in the “historic prestige of the program has taken such a nose dive that we no longer get courtesy ranked” era. Football circa 2009.

Advertisement
I’m hoping it’s just a one year dip and Jd proves he was the guy. But hope is dangerous right?

Btw Link has FSU way ahead of schedule. I thought it would take 4-5 years to really build them back up. But they have a chance to make an enormous jump this year.

We need Ziehl to take a big step forward and be that 7-8 inning guy every Friday so we save every other arm for the final 2 games and just win ugly. But I hope we become an elite defense and high Iq team.

Advertisement
Good news and bad news on the schedule based on D1’s preseason rankings.

Good news:We only have five series against ranked opponents and only one of them is on the road (Duke).

Bad news: The five series are front loaded (all before April 7th) and condensed into a six weekend stretch.

I see we play BYU. Top 5 fields in the country. I’m on my phone if I’d post a pic.

We need to find a way to win 2-3 of those series because honestly we aren’t good enough to walk into a series vs anyone and think 2/3 will be easy. That is not a knock on us but more a nod to how competitive baseball is up and down the ACC. We play well in all three phases we can take 2/3 from almost anyone in the country. We play poorly in even just 1 phase we can get swept. So this team needs to fire on all cylinders every weekend.

I haven't been to the baseball board in a good while. Any prediction on the depth chart to start the year? I know pitching is gna be very interesting...

Advertisement
Guys on here are asleep. There is truly NO optimism, it's crazy how there hasn't been a single JD slurper
It’s been a long hard journey to get here but we’ve finally reached rock bottom and even the greatest of canes baseball slurpers don’t show their face around here anymore.

There is no juice around the program. I’m really curious to see the Light’s attendance this year.

People will get a little fired up for that first half record vs. The softball front end schedule but ACC play gonna be rough

Great to see the new staff has stepped up( or down) and continued the nosedive from CBB royalty to a team everyone wants to schedule that Gino started years back…..

Advertisement
It’s been a long hard journey to get here but we’ve finally reached rock bottom and even the greatest of canes baseball slurpers don’t show their face around here anymore.

There is no juice around the program. I’m really curious to see the Light’s attendance this year.
Sooo. All my emotional craziness and instability goes towards football, butttt, ive been trying to sell my 11yr old on the excitement of discovering the “next” canes stars with this years baseball team. He loves Cyr and because i went to braddock we held yoyo in a special place. Im like, this will be a young scrappy team, and we hopefully have some young talent that gives us things that make the games exciting. See ya at the Light!

Guys on here are asleep. There is truly NO optimism, it's crazy how there hasn't been a single JD slurper
I like the hire, Adding fenster is what makes me have hope, I have full confidence and belief in coach Fenster lol. It will also be determined if he is a good coach by our recruiting and development.

you'll see me there, in my chairback. Best ticket in town is the baseball game and basketball games.

Advertisement
I like the hire, Adding fenster is what makes me have hope, I have full confidence and belief in coach Fenster lol. It will also be determined if he is a good coach by our recruiting and development.
What’s your favorite part about the hire? That he was hired as a pitching coach with no experience and hired as a HC with no experience solely because he used to play here? Or that he was the weak link on the coaching staff and failed to adopt advanced analytics and training methods in favor of the more comfortable route of “doing it the way I always have”? Or maybe the extreme improbability that the right guy for the job- among thousands of qualified coaches at the pro and college level- was here all along on the staff not once but twice in a row?
My favorite part of the hire is that a university comprised of alumni from multiple countries and all 50 states has an athletic department controlled by a good ol’ boy network comprised of Columbus, Belen, and Westminster Christian grads.

What’s your favorite part about the hire? That he was hired as a pitching coach with no experience and hired as a HC with no experience solely because he used to play here? Or that he was the weak link on the coaching staff and failed to adopt advanced analytics and training methods in favor of the more comfortable route of “doing it the way I always have”? Or maybe the extreme improbability that the right guy for the job- among thousands of qualified coaches at the pro and college level- was here all along on the staff not once but twice in a row?
My favorite part of the hire is that a university comprised of alumni from multiple countries and all 50 states has an athletic department controlled by a good ol’ boy network comprised of Columbus, Belen, and Westminster Christian grads.
That can be the case, but with Gino we won ball games. JD has also hired 2 assistance who's only job is analytics. I posted about this 3 months ago in the forums. In my opinion you might have something personal against JD, the man hasn't even coached one game and you're calling him a failure and unqualified. Who was Miami going to hire? you make it seem like this is a tier1 job? this is 2024 not 1999. It is very expensive to play baseball at the University of Miami.

If it wasn't for Covid Gino would still be our coach because we would of went to Omaha and would of had a really good chance to win the whole thing. How quickly people forget that.

Advertisement
Back